• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT27| Nerf Herders

ocean

Banned
Crap. I wanna get this for my little brother but he's level 28 so he can't do Weekly Heroic on high level. All blue gear except Eris gauntlets. Rank 1 Vanguard, almost rank 1 DO. 144 Crucible Marks (100/100 this week), 60 Vanguard Marks (3/100 this week).

I don't even know if this will be possible. But I'll grind the crap out of his DO rep this weekend to reach rank 2, 144 Matks will let me buy him boots or chest. That'll make him level 29.

GAF, I'll need some carries tonight. Someone help this noble cause. I'll need a full 3-level-below 32 Heroic carry, and a Daily Heroic would be nice too. If I go via matchmaking I'll be paired with other 29s and it'll be impossible to complete.

This must happen.

Shito

Crap. I wanna get this for my little brother but he's level 28 so he can't do Weekly Heroic on high level. All blue gear except Eris gauntlets. Rank 1 Vanguard, almost rank 1 DO. 144 Crucible Marks (100/100 this week), 60 Vanguard Marks (3/100 this week).

I don't even know if this will be possible. But I'll grind the crap out of his DO rep this weekend to reach rank 2, 144 Matks will let me buy him boots or chest. That'll make him level 29.

GAF, I'll need some carries tonight. Someone help this noble cause. I'll need a full 3-level-below 32 Heroic carry, and a Daily Heroic would be nice too. If I go via matchmaking I'll be paired with other 29s and it'll be impossible to complete.

This must happen.
I'll gladly help you if I'm on at the the time you need this.
I'm in a "carrying friends is the most fun I can have with the game until TTK hits" phase...

zrKRZXW.jpg

Just out of curiosity though, do you guys think it's worth buying the 3 helmets that xur is selling?

All 3 of them have excellent stat rolls. I bought the Hunter and Warlock helms even though I already had one of each maxed out just because the stats were so much better.

-Hunter helm is excellent, good for PvP and PvE Gunslingers.
-Warlock helm is also extremely good, although mostly for 3v3 PvP modes where fast revive is crucial. The extra orbs and regen'ing your health when picking up an orb are nice in PvE.
-Titan helm... I have no idea. I have a maxed out copy in my vault but never use it.

Auto_aim1

MeisaMcCaffrey
Actually like in Quake 1. Around the time UT was popular my computer was too underpowered. Never tried the movement in Dreamcast, though.
It makes sense in a fast-paced twitch shooter like TF2, UT, Quake etc. I'm pretty contented with the options we have in Destiny though for each class.

TheGentleman

Neo Member

This must happen.

I would be happy to help you do a weekly/s for your brother if I'm online at the right time ^^

It's a nice thing that your planning to do for him as well and I wish you all the best at it!
Would it be possible to do a poe 32 for a armor core to help him level up or can he not access the poe yet?

Ghallarhorn has been my white whale with over 1000 hours played and I felt like a stack of weights just came off me when I saw Xur's inventory this morning. So happy!

Lnkn52

Can't wait for the stats that say that over a trillion coins were used to buy the Ghorn. Even people that didn't even own the game, went and bought a Ghorn.

deadduck

This must happen.

If you see me on (you're on my fl) hit me up: Gorelies

Namikaze1

Bought two and now have 6 Gjallarhorns in my possession, 3 maxed out and 3 unupgraded. I'm ready for whatever the hell Bungie is doing with Year One exotics.

Only the Wolfpack rounds, not the initial impact AFAIK.

Wolfpack rounds are the only unique thing about GHorn. Every rocket in the game does exactly the same damage. It's only additional perks like Cluster bombs (Hungry Scrota), MIRV shells (Hezen Vengeance) or Wolfpack rounds that add extra damage on top of the rocket itself.

Klyka

Banned
Man Xur was good to me today.

Got the Titan Helmet for my second character, bought two engrams and got both "Don't touch me!" as well as "No Backup plans" from it :D

I'm gonna get a horn just so I can say I got it pre weapons patch and TTK just need to get some coins gahh if I only I didn't have to go to work! :( oh well this evening!

Congrats fellow Guardians with the horn!!

I might buy a 2nd Ghorn just in case Bungie wants us to discard one to go towards their new exotic weapon.

Also I love using Ghorn in PVP. I'll see if more people will be using it now

Lnkn52

This must happen.

Has your little brother got the free coins from giving Bungie an email address?

TheGentleman

Neo Member
All 3 of them have excellent stat rolls. I bought the Hunter and Warlock helms even though I already had one of each maxed out just because the stats were so much better.

-Hunter helm is excellent, good for PvP and PvE Gunslingers.
-Warlock helm is also extremely good, although mostly for 3v3 PvP modes where fast revive is crucial. The extra orbs and regen'ing your health when picking up an orb are nice in PvE.
-Titan helm... I have no idea. I have a maxed out copy in my vault but never use it.

Thank-you for responding :)
and that's pretty much my mind made up then, I'll try to buy them tomorrow when I get a chance to get online.

- Since the Warlock helm was actually one of the first exotics I got and used back in the early days of destiny and it would be nice to upgrade with a more beneficial skill this time as opposed to strength.

- Titan helm similar situation to yours only mine is un-upgraded.

- Hunter helm sounds like a wonderful alternative to using the nighthawk mask and upon checking the stats they are better then my old ones by about 40 points! :eek:

So I guess my plan is to buy the new versions and most likely shard the old.
Thanks again for the advice ^^

*Night Everybody!

ocean

Banned
I'll gladly help you if I'm on at the the time you need this.
I'm in a "carrying friends is the most fun I can have with the game until TTK hits" phase...

I would be happy to help you do a weekly/s for your brother if I'm online at the right time ^^

It's a nice thing that your planning to do for him as well and I wish you all the best at it!
Would it be possible to do a poe 32 for a armor core to help him level up or can he not access the poe yet?
Thanks a lot guys! As for PoE 32: as a level 29, an Armor Core for him would be amazing. Realistically though, carrying someone in a 3-man activity is a lot harder than carrying in a Raid. Clearing PoE 32 with a 29 who has no elemental primaries or top-tier gear is basically two-manning it. It's like asking for a pro-mode Osiris carry. As in, the kind of stuff which is cool when it happens, but is a bit much to ask as a favor :p

phen0m24

So I'm away for the weekend. Basically I need to spend today getting gjally on Xbox.

P what is your GT. I need to do the NF and weekly as I have one coin. ONE.

I might have to level my Hunter just to get that char through both as well.

THE ONE WEEK WE'LL BE THANKFUL FOR COINS IN A NF LOL

P44

P what is your GT. I need to do the NF and weekly as I have one coin. ONE.

I might have to level my Hunter just to get that char through both as well.

THE ONE WEEK WE'LL BE THANKFUL FOR COINS IN A NF LOL

PXLIV but I can't play for about 3 1/2 hours

Yes, I know, but they didn't say how much the wolpack rounds were nerfed when they were pretty specific with other weapons ^^

probably still testing it, i mean it should be the best and unique exotic bazooka for PvE. If they nerf it too much, there is zero value of keeping it in the exotic slot.

And they should not just make a better bazooka for Taken King. I like the idea of the Heavy Fusion rifle etc. that are new options instead of "this is better than the old one"

I bet the wolf packs will get at least a 50% nerf, no more taking out hallowed enemies in 2 rockets. As long as its no more than 3 it will still be OP

I might start up three weekly heroics soon. If anyone still needs coins or rep join up.
I have no problem carrying lower levels as well. PSN is same as GAF.

Wallach

Well, there it is.

At some point I need to do PoE "Hard" to complete that Triumph thing. I assume that is PoE 34, as I think that's the only one I didn't attempt yet.

Pondering starting up an XB1 profile for TTK rather than continuing on with PS4 (I am almost certain one the Elite controller gets here I won't want to play FPS games without the back paddles) but it's tough to think about starting all over.

Klyka

Banned
Last year, shortly after launch, I walked up to Xur and checked what he had. And he was selling the Gjallarhorn. I had seen it in pictures before and thought "man, that is one sweet looking rocket launcher! I'll buy it".

And so I did.

And thats how I got my horn 1 year ago :)

Top Bottom