• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT27| Nerf Herders

Tjamato88

that shouldn't be the issue. If it's taking you to the store again, it sounds like a similar problem when Destiny owners had to restore their licenses.
Wait I think I know what it is. My PS4 isn't my primary console. My brother and I have each other's as our primary so we can share games.

Owensboro

I went on reddit to check what Xur was selling for fun this morning. Never expected to see the G-horn up there. I literally shook, and then was extremely disappointed cause I literally just sold my copy of destiny last night in preparation to upgrade to next-gen in the coming weeks. I'm switching platforms so it's not like I'd be able to take the Gjallerhorn with me but damn, I waited nearly a year to get that gun, and now it's out of my reach again.

SOLUTION: Go rent a copy. Now. It will cost you $2. No, I have no idea where you rent games anymore.

EDIT: Oh, nevermind. I didn't know you were changing platforms, just thought you were hopping from PS3->PS4 or 360->XB1. Accounts are supposed to transfer "up", right?

E92 M3

This is Bungie's way of flushing some of the coins from the economy. Just like what they did with weapon parts. Looking forward to reading how many coins were spent.

Owensboro

Or is the weapon patch coming sooner than we expected?

...... damn it. Guess I need to level up my Hard Light instead of my shiny new G-Horn.

I have killed blades of Crota 15 times since the patch and not seen any Husks.

I lost count of how many times it took me after the patch, but I think it was somewhere around 30 or so for me. I just had to grind it while watching nonsense streaming on my computer.

Shito

This is Bungie's way of flushing some of the coins from the economy. Just like what they did with weapon parts. Looking forward to reading how many coins were spent.
I doubt it will make a real change for people like us with 700+ coins, though... ^^

WipedOut

Everybody should power level their new Gjallys immediately. They owe it to themselves to experience its full glory.

I will second this. Boys and Girls, Gjally is getting neutered and it's going to be worse than we all thought. It will still be the best RL in the game but it won't be that boss killer we have been enjoying for the last year.

Kyoufu

I will never understand why people get mad when Xur sells an exotic.

I don't get mad, it is what ti is, but your strongest items shouldn't be bought from vendors IMO.

There needs to be special items that make you feel special. That's key to an online game with loot for me.

Hyun Sai

They are not concerned with the core audience since our spending barely affects the economy. Always about the masses ;)

Well, even the hardcore spent fuckton of weapon parts with HoW , imagine if it was strange coins instead of motes of light for reforging lol.

WipedOut

They are not concerned with the core audience since our spending barely affects the economy. Always about the masses ;)

This has nothing to do with the economy Trance, it is way too easy to get coins nowadays. Just grind those 28's. This is all about softening that blow, some announcement is coming and most of us are not going to like it I bet. This is just a way for them to say, hey, you had your chance to use Gjally during it's heyday.

ocean

Banned
I don't get mad, it is what ti is, but your strongest items shouldn't be bought from vendors IMO.

There needs to be special items that make you feel special. That's key to an online game with loot for me.
I think Mythoclast and Osirisnrewards are the right way to do it. Great gear locked behind skill-based achievements and a sprinkle of aRnf Instead of totally random NF rewards or just Xur.

LOL @ Twitter.

CMXL40wUkAA15tB.jpg:large

MEGA LOL, IM FINISHED.

Kyoufu

This has nothing to do with the economy Trance, it is way too easy to get coins nowadays. Just grind those 28's. This is all about softening that blow, some announcement is coming and most of us are not going to like it I bet. This is just a way for them to say, hey, you had your chance to use Gjally during it's heyday.

They already made that announcement :)

Wolfpack rounds are being nerfed, so use it while it's hot.

Gong

I will never understand why people get mad when Xur sells an exotic.

I enjoy their delicious tantrums, it's so funny to me. I love the Bones of Eao I bought last week, and I hope Xur sells the Ram next week. It'll mean folks will get the chance to either complete their exotic collection before TTK drops or spend some of their strange coins on a nice piece of kit. Inclusion, not exclusion.

Tower be like

giphy.gif

But that's great that now most of the players will have Gjallarhorn, so there's no need to nerf it right Deej? It was all for the LFGs right? Deej?

Hyun Sai

Nah, if RNG is the only way to get the strongest item, it should be bought.

I didn't feel "Special" with Gjallahorn, just felt "Lucky".

Now, make a special quest much more difficult than the Thorn one to get the strongest item, that I can agree with, but otherwise...

The exotic bounties are supposed to be that (plus the PS exclusives).

Shito

Yea this is so contradictory to the reason they gave for nerfing horn.
They should never have used that stupid excuse for the nerf.
They just needed to say that they don't want people to be using the Horn as their exotic weapon 99% of the time, and nobody would have found anything to say against that.

Blunoise

You guys should buy mutiple gjallerhorns since we can dismantle weapons and armor s to power up our equipment int the TTK. Although I don't know how that will work

Auto_aim1

MeisaMcCaffrey
Gjallarhorn all the things!

Now I'm worried we may never see a weapon like this again :( Hope TTK has some cool stuff but I doubt it.

purg3

slept with Malkin
GOD DAMN AFTER ALMOST A YEAR, GHORN IS MIIIIIIIINNNNNNEEEEEE.

This means only one thing, it's going to be a fucking nerf gun come 2.0.

In other news, I'm pretty pumped Xur has Aclyophage. Needed that for my new hunter.

Great Xur day.

Still can't believe it. Motherfucking Jake Gyllenhorns for everyone.

Silvard

Is it really worth it to buy exotic armor just because it has a better roll on stats? I already have all 3 of this week's helmets, but I don't know if the stats are better because mine are completely unupgraded. Does the roll get randomized when you ascend an exotic? If so, wouldn't it be unwise to buy gear that will have to be ascended again to be useful after TTK? Either way if this year is any indication then TTK will increase the stat cap on an item.

Kyoufu

Nah, if RNG is the only way to get the strongest item, it should be bought.

I didn't feel "Special" with Gjallahorn, just felt "Lucky".

Now, make a special quest much more difficult than the Thorn one to get the strongest item, that I can agree with, but otherwise...

That's what I'm saying. Special items shouldn't be just based on luck, but mostly dedication and luck. If you look at games like WoW, FFXI and others, those games did a good job in having strong items that were only acquired by a tiny amount of players. Destiny needs that. I need that. :p

E92 M3

Well, even the hardcore spent fuckton of weapon parts with HoW , imagine if it was strange coins instead of motes of light for reforging lol.

Yeah, except I saved most of mine :D

You'd be surprised how many people have a low number of coins. Coins are very easy to get, but majority probably have less than 50.

Lnkn52

That's what I'm saying. Special items shouldn't be just based on luck, but mostly dedication and luck. If you look at games like WoW, FFXI and others, those games did a good job in having strong items that were only acquired by a tiny amount of players. Destiny needs that. I need that. :p

Well with TTK and the news of exotic side quests, that will at-least change this statement.

Tjamato88

Hopefully I grind some coins from the strike playlist when I get home tomorrow. I have enough for the Horn but I'd like some other exotic stuff too just because :shrug:

I'm thinking about buying stuff for my Titan so as soon as he hits 20 he can throw it on.

ocean

Banned
Is it really worth it to buy exotic armor just because it has a better roll on stats? I already have all 3 of this week's helmets, but I don't know if the stats are better because mine are completely unupgraded. Does the roll get randomized when you ascend an exotic? If so, wouldn't it be unwise to buy gear that will have to be ascended again to be useful after TTK? Either way if this year is any indication then TTK will increase the stat cap on an item.
Not random but it does increase. It's a marginal improvement. Only the most dedicated players could re level an old Exotic with their 10 million upgrade nodes and tons of material requirements for an extra 10 Strength :p

We're crazy, don't mind us.

Top Bottom