• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT27| Nerf Herders

hey guys, is it true that you in TTK you will have to sacrifice an weapon/armor of the same type to upgrade old exotics?

Say you want to upgrade a Ghorn, you will have to dismantle another Exotic Heavy Weapon

is this true?

Tecnniqe

Banned
CMW7p-vUEAAt1Ix.jpg:large

CMXkb7QUwAA6leO.jpg:large

Kyoufu

Well with TTK and the news of exotic side quests, that will at-least change this statement.

That remains to be seen. I'm hopeful, but right now I'd be willing to bet those Exotic quests become the new Exotic bounties a la Thorn, Bad Juju etc where everyone eventually gets one, especially when all the quest steps are on YouTube in guide form.

th3dude

So I finally got a character to 34. The only triumph I have left to complete is Skolas.

I'm a defender Titan, I have a VoC, and Fang at 365 for primary

Ice Breaker (365) for bosses, and some reliable shotguns for secondaries.

I'm really lacking in the Heavy department. No Gally. But I have a Rocket Launcher of every element.

I've never even attempted Skolas before, and have no clue what to expect. But I take orders well, and I'm not bad at the game.

If a couple veterans wanna take me through, I'd be eternally grateful. I hear the modifiers aren't so bad this week.

Doesn't have to be right now, but feel free to add me and we can set up a time.

PSN:xx_BATMANx

Thanks!

please halp

Today is your day!

Go see Xur!

deoee

Hopefully I grind some coins from the strike playlist when I get home tomorrow. I have enough for the Horn but I'd like some other exotic stuff too just because :shrug:

I'm thinking about buying stuff for my Titan so as soon as he hits 20 he can throw it on.

You can throw ONE item on :p

ocean

Banned
hopefully Bungie will stop giving us shit exotics cuz most exotics in the expansions have been garbage.
The issue is more that there's been too few of them. Only 7 between 2 expansions, most of which are not intended to be super amazing but rather fun to play. No Land Beyond, Lord of Wolves, Queenbreaker's Bow are all extremely fun to use and totally unique - basically the perfect definition of an Exotic. 4th Horseman absolutely wrecks in PvE. Dreg's isn't bad as a weapon, it's more about the weapon class not having a clear place right now.

Necro and Dragon's are just trash tho. But saying "most are garbage" is just silly.

And "shit Exotics" ignores the armor side. Don't Touch Me, The Ram, Bones of Eao, Ruin Wings, Purifier Robes, Radiant Dance Machines...most of the DLC armor has been pretty cool.

Nuszka

That chase after grimoire got to me. Sets a reminder in phone to do daily 10x hydra/ogre kills - more then that and my brain is starting to melt.

Ryck

Anti climactic but I guess that sums things up. Not the same as getting a drop but having my phone absolutely erupt in the middle of the night with text messeges and psn messages was kinda cool I guess...

-_-

Agent

There is some positive news from Xur selling Gjallarhorn. Now I can destroy 4 of the 7 that have dropped for me, which means new inventory/vault space. Thanks Bungie!

EL CUCO

Is it really worth it to buy exotic armor just because it has a better roll on stats? I already have all 3 of this week's helmets, but I don't know if the stats are better because mine are completely unupgraded. Does the roll get randomized when you ascend an exotic? If so, wouldn't it be unwise to buy gear that will have to be ascended again to be useful after TTK? Either way if this year is any indication then TTK will increase the stat cap on an item.
If it's the pre HoW armor, Hell to the No. The new stuff is mega easy to level up so it's not a big deal but the older stuff is super tedious, and with TTK around the corner, it's not worth it.

Silvard

Not random but it does increase. It's a marginal improvement. Only the most dedicated players could re level an old Exotic with their 10 million upgrade nodes and tons of material requirements for an extra 10 Strength :p

We're crazy, don't mind us.

I'd like to think of myself as dedicated but as a recent returnee I'm not exactly swimming in coins. And those are helmets I never use anyway.

Well, got Gjallarhorn at last, now I'm only missing Hawkmoon to have 1 of every vanilla exotic weapon.

LiK

The issue is more that there's been too few of them. Only 7 between 2 expansions, most of which are not intended to be super amazing but rather fun to play. No Land Beyond, Lord of Wolves, Queenbreaker's Bow are all extremely fun to use and totally unique - basically the perfect definition of an Exotic. 4th Horseman absolutely wrecks in PvE. Dreg's isn't bad as a weapon, it's more about the weapon class not having a clear place right now.

Necro and Dragon's are just trash tho. But saying "most are garbage" is just silly.

And "shit Exotics" ignores the armor side. Don't Touch Me, The Ram, Bones of Eao, Ruin Wings, Purifier Robes, Radiant Dance Machines...most of the DLC armor has been pretty cool.

well, i mean weapons of course. most are shit cuz they're not worth wasting an exotic slot to use compared to the vanilla exotic guns.

ocean

Banned
Not sure where but i read that we will get 12 new exotic weapons and 6 pieces of armor per class, or was i dreaming it.
Actually I'm pretty sure they said more than the base game. Vanilla was 20 weapons + 6 Armor per class. Hype is real.

After 1700 hours and 4 characters, I finally have a Gjallarhorn. I will say, not having it made me a better player. I was forced to pick up the relic in VOG and the sword in CE because I was the one in my group without the Gjallarhorn. So it's nice to finish out my exotic collection before the start of TTK and Year Two.

Ryck

After 1700 hours and 4 characters, I finally have a Gjallarhorn. I will say, not having it made me a better player. I was forced to pick up the relic in VOG and the sword in CE because I was the one in my group without the Gjallarhorn. So it's nice to finish out my exotic collection before the start of TTK and Year Two.

*hug*

I know what you mean.

purg3

slept with Malkin
I haven't been this excited to log in and play this game in a long time. Probably not since the night CE launched I stayed up till 7am playing the raid.

So funny that a vendor selling a weapon has me more excited than most of the things I've actually done in the game.

Tecnniqe

Banned
Reminds me of when the Ice Breaker was sold.

I dont get it. Why are people acting like they won the lottery and then had someone steal the winning numbers 5 months later?

I..

That was quick , nice one :3

I wouldn't call it "nice", my sub-par performance and triple death by blinking over those floaty things didn't make it any better lol. :)

Gjalla nuke on boss saves the day, yeeey.

Zoidberg

Well there we have it, finally after nearly a year I obtain a gjallarhorn. I should be happier, but I feel like I lost a race and bungie gave me a participation ribbon so I don't feel bad.

Respect to bungie for the 5x5000xp bounties today, I'm going to need them

Dave_6

Xur has the ballerhorn, I can't believe it. I was shocked when I saw what he had today, lol. Congrats to all the folks that haven't been fortunate enough to have one drop yet!

I've got two, one at 365 and the other is still 331 but I think I'm going to buy a 3rd one just for the hell of it.

Auto_aim1

MeisaMcCaffrey
hopefully Bungie will stop giving us shit exotics cuz most exotics in the expansions have been garbage.
That's what I'm worried about because the DLC weapons were underwhelming. I kinda like the 4th Horseman but it's a situational weapon. For HoW exotics they basically took the Fallen weapons and renamed it.

DarKshodaN

What a great Day in Destiny!
First i beat PoE 32 for the first time, then xur sells the Gjallarhorn.

Started playing Destiny 2 Weeks ago, and still think that i can get the Year 1 Triumph Emblem. :D

Top Bottom