• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT27| Nerf Herders

Omg I can't believe my eyes. Is this real? I haven't read any posts yet I just opened up my Destiny app while I was cooking oatmeal.

All I wanted was the Symbiote HELM and I saw that and got stoked!! Then I saw what was below and I couldn't believe my eyes... As I stared at it the sound of oatmeal overflowing came and I immediately blew on it and saved it by the last second without any spill. That almost became a wipe.

GHORNS FOR ALL!!

deoee

I dont get it. Why are people acting like they won the lottery and then had someone steal the winning numbers 5 months later?

I..

I wouldn't call it "nice", my sub-par performance and triple death by blinking over those floaty things didn't make it any better lol. :)

Gjalla nuke on boss saves the day, yeeey.

Yeah but I saved you xD

Just say it was the traffics fault, nobody will judge you *saves videoclip for shame*

That's what I'm worried about because the DLC weapons were underwhelming. I kinda like the 4th Horseman but it's a situational weapon. For HoW exotics they basically took the Fallen weapons and renamed it.

The Community specifically asked for that after House of Wolves weapons were normal Vanguard weapons with Hive scales slapped on. Bungie just can't win. For my money, it's awesome to a Fallen Captain's shotty.

You lucked out those rolls are quite good.

I know right?

Lol congrats man! You gonna love it

Thanks! I went on a 15 kill streak my second game of Clash with it!

Lucked out? Lol he must have ran like 400 dragon strikes :p

Poor ape. Congrats though!

I honestly lost count. It was a lot.

That's a fucking solid roll.

RNG blessed me. I was all ready to use motes and weapons parts too.

Wtf, that's an excellent drop.

Based RNG.

For those that missed the post, it dropped with:
Outlaw
Braced Frame
Hidden Hand

I also bought a bunch(9 to be exact) of engrams from Xur and got the remaining exotic gauntlets I needed:

Nothing Manacles - I can't wait to use them in Trials
Khepri's Sting - I like the little animation but does anyone use this?
ACD/0 Feedback Fence - Use in Trials maybe?

My exotic collection is now only missing the 4th Horseman.

And congrats to everyone who is finally able to get a Horn today!

deoee

Someone said yesterday that people here are capable of "carrying" me trough the trials of osiris, so I can get a 42 light chest armor and become lvl 34.

Is anyone interested in doing so later on when it launches?

PS4 btw!

Tecnniqe

Banned
What a great Day in Destiny!
First i beat PoE 32 for the first time, then xur sells the Gjallarhorn.

Started playing Destiny 2 Weeks ago, and still think that i can get the Year 1 Triumph Emblem. :D

Daym, thats lucky.

I'll never forget my happiness when Gjalla dropped in ToO chest and friends got nothing.

Xûr ruined it now, i can no longer make friend salty cause i got gjalla.
Yeah but I saved you xD

Just say it was the traffics fault, nobody will judge you *saves videoclip for shame*

R...Recorded you say? Erhm it was Carlag... from driving slow speeds in traffic.

Also got myself 2 engrams
Ruin Wings and Don't Touch Me.

Awesome, finally have Ruin Wings! I rolled them on my first try with Xur's exotic engram.

And congrats to all who can finally experience the Ghjallarhorn. Best level it quick cause that need must be coming any day now.

4th.gif

WipedOut

Omg I can't believe my eyes. Is this real? I haven't read any posts yet I just opened up my Destiny app while I was cooking oatmeal.

All I wanted was the Symbiote HELM and I saw that and got stoked!! Then I saw what was below and I couldn't believe my eyes... As I stared at it the sound of oatmeal overflowing came and I immediately blew on it and saved it by the last second without any spill. That almost became a wipe.

GHORNS FOR ALL!!

Can't remember, did you not have one on xbone or PS4?

matmanx1

I tried to go to whereisxur.com this morning, as is my habit on Fridays, and kept getting 500 internal server errors. I guess I know why! Gally!! Time to scoop one up!

D_psipher

I know right?

Thanks! I went on a 15 kill streak my second game of Clash with it!

I honestly lost count. It was a lot.

RNG blessed me. I was all ready to use motes and weapons parts too.

Based RNG.

For those that missed the post, it dropped with:
Outlaw
Braced Frame
Hidden Hand

I also bought a bunch(9 to be exact) of engrams from Xur and got the remaining exotic gauntlets I needed:

Nothing Manacles - I can't wait to use them in Trials
Khepri's Sting - I like the little animation but does anyone use this?
ACD/0 Feedback Fence - Use in Trials maybe?

My exotic collection is now only missing the 4th Horseman.

And congrats to everyone who is finally able to get a Horn today!

Congrats! If only I can get a decent roll on mine I will be happy and actually use the blasted thing.

Mupod

Someone said yesterday that people here are capable of "carrying" me trough the trials of osiris, so I can get a 42 light chest armor and become lvl 34.

Is anyone interested in doing so later on when it launches?

PS4 btw!

Me too, please. But seriously I've managed to amass about 20 passage coins so I'm going to try and make this happen this weekend, I'm not averse to just forming a group of misfits and banging my head against a wall a few times.

I'm trying to prepare as best I can - I've got Thorn maxed but my secondary weapons aren't great. From what I've watched of Trials runs it seems everybody runs a sniper rifle, I typically use my old Found Verdict in Crucible because it's all I have. I have Praedyth's Revenge and Low Grade Humility on the sniper front.

My heavy weapon is the question here. I always use Jolder's Hammer but apparently I want a proximity rocket launcher for Trials. Jolder's isn't fully upgraded either.

It just so happens that I'm Dead Orbit rank 3 and have 150 crucible marks lying around - last I checked the vendor was selling a rocket with proximity detonation. Go for it?

GOD DAMN AFTER ALMOST A YEAR, GHORN IS MIIIIIIIINNNNNNEEEEEE.

This means only one thing, it's going to be a fucking nerf gun come 2.0.

In other news, I'm pretty pumped Xur has Aclyophage. Needed that for my new hunter.

Great Xur day.

Still can't believe it. Motherfucking Jake Gyllenhorns for everyone.

It's pretty hilarious that this is the first week in a year of playing Destiny that I don't need anything Xur has. I literally have 3 Gjall Pals!!

Mupod

How is the Bad Juju? Just got it, not sure if i should level it up

curious myself. I picked up the bounty for it recently but before I stopped playing it had a reputation for being garbage. I'm planning on spamming Dragon strikes tonight to finish off the bounty and try it out.

Thorn is great and all but I'd like an alternative.

My friend finally got a Ghorn drop in POE last night. He's so salty!

I didn't have one yet... I... am not :)

He saved 23 coins, which is (I'd imagine) at least a few "Three of Coins" for TTK, assuming your friend is getting that. Not only that, the feels of when it drops. He shouldn't be salty at all.

Me too, please. But seriously I've managed to amass about 20 passage coins so I'm going to try and make this happen this weekend, I'm not averse to just forming a group of misfits and banging my head against a wall a few times.

I'm trying to prepare as best I can - I've got Thorn maxed but my secondary weapons aren't great. From what I've watched of Trials runs it seems everybody runs a sniper rifle, I typically use my old Found Verdict in Crucible because it's all I have. I have Praedyth's Revenge and Low Grade Humility on the sniper front.

My heavy weapon is the question here. I always use Jolder's Hammer but apparently I want a proximity rocket launcher for Trials. Jolder's isn't fully upgraded either.

It just so happens that I'm Dead Orbit rank 3 and have 150 crucible marks lying around - last I checked the vendor was selling a rocket with proximity detonation. Go for it?
Get Gally or Truth. If you can't spare the exotic slot then yes. Prox is the PvP perk to have.

ich00

Dang I just started messing around with the xbone version, congrats to all the new 'horne owners!

Also if it hasn't been mentioned: the gunsmith is selling Rocket Launcher Telemetries. Goget that 'horne upgraded in no time flat!

Falchion

My younger brother just got an Xbox One this week and I bought him TTK Legendary Edition so that he start playing through now. I wish there was a realistic way to get him the strange coins this weekend for Gjallahorn but I don't think that's going to happen.

JHall

Why would I waste an exotic slot on a heavy?

/s Congrats to all the Guardians! I bought my Horn from Xur week 2.

void666

Banned
I like the rng aspect of loot. I still remember how happy i was when i got my first hawkmoon as a reward from NF.

But after being ass fucked by rng for a whole year i'm not happy. Yeah, now i have 3 gjallarhorns. But i'm salty as fuck.

I hope they do improve rng to be less random. So, no more people with dozens of the good stuff while others have none.

Oh well, where was i?

Ah,#forevernonecrochasm

Gammacide

I honestly wish he were selling Thunderlord or Monte Carlo since those are the two I haven't had the luck to be awarded yet, but it is an incredibly cagey move by Bungie to let essentially everyone who hasn't gotten the experience of using a Horn to melt foes with it for a month before the nerf and the inevitably more powerful arsenal unlocks in TTK.

Tecnniqe

Banned
My younger brother just got an Xbox One this week and I bought him TTK Legendary Edition so that he start playing through now. I wish there was a realistic way to get him the strange coins this weekend for Gjallahorn but I don't think that's going to happen.

Boost him in story (if possible) and do the weekly stuff, verify bungie email and you might have enough.

purg3

slept with Malkin
Dang I just started messing around with the xbone version, congrats to all the new 'horne owners!

Also if it hasn't been mentioned: the gunsmith is selling Rocket Launcher Telemetries. Goget that 'horne upgraded in no time flat!

Thanks for the tip, totally forget about using telems

It's pretty hilarious that this is the first week in a year of playing Destiny that I don't need anything Xur has. I literally have 3 Gjall Pals!!

I've had pretty good luck with most things in this game but getting a Ghorn was not one of them. Just would not drop for me. Fatebringer was another one, didn't get one until about the time that CE hard dropped.

coy

My brother-in-law text me:

"Xur selling Ghorn?! Crazy!"

I'm happy everyone can get their hands on one no matter what happens to it once TTK lands. I'll buy one so all 3 can have it then wait to see what it becomes in a month.

Edit: Haha grats on Narmer Quest completion.

ich00

The DO rocket launcher is O.K., it's got the right perks for PvP. I'd say grab that until RNG blesses you with an Ash Factory (random drop from Crucible) or you can RNG a Dreamwaker out of one of the Queen's chests' in PoE. Then you can work on rerolling one of those with the perks you need for a beastly trials RL.

curious myself. I picked up the bounty for it recently but before I stopped playing it had a reputation for being garbage. I'm planning on spamming Dragon strikes tonight to finish off the bounty and try it out.

Thorn is great and all but I'd like an alternative.

Bad Juju plus Nothing Manacles plus Voidwalker is a match made in KICKING TOTAL ASS EVERYWHERE.

I quit back in December. One main reason was because I didn't have Gjallarhorn. When I came back for HoW, I got a Gjallarhorn out of the 28 PoE chest. Ever since I've had Gjallarhorn my Destiny life has felt more complete.

Congrats to everyone who cam finally expirience Gjallarhorn.

ElRenoRaven

Loving the salt over the bounty of horns we find ourselves in today. I'm glad to be on par with PS4 now on my xbone. I had it on PS4 but never on xbone. Even then I only had it on PS4 about a month before finally getting rid of the PS4.

phen0m24

Now you can bring your XB1 Horn and help me through the NF and Weekly since I have all of like 7 coins.

Come on, all those weeks of Narmer Quest, Narmer Quest Hard Mode.. Help a bro out will ya?

:)

GRATS AMIGO WE WILL MELT ALL THE SOLAR BURN THINGS

while we still can

Top Bottom