• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT27| Nerf Herders

darknil

I'll forever treasure my Gally, I got it when I was lvl 22 on crucible, had to farm glimmer in order to update it when TDB launched and then it was a looong process getting it to full damage.

On the other side, now I can finally start to use Truth.

ich00

4th.gif

No go redo the nightfall, just to burn down the priest with your new purveyor of doom!

MechDX

Who cares if Xur is selling the Gjallarhorn. Real guardians use an ascended Hunger of Crota. The pop/pop of the cluster bombs is cooler than wolfpack rounds.

That and I already have 2 Gjallarhorns :p

Auto_aim1

MeisaMcCaffrey
The Community specifically asked for that after House of Wolves weapons were normal Vanguard weapons with Hive scales slapped on. Bungie just can't win. For my money, it's awesome to a Fallen Captain's shotty.
What's stopping them from taking Cabal, Hive, and Vex weapons and saying "Here you go, new exotics!"

I mean those weapons are cool, but I'd rather see some new things.

lt519

Yeah a Gally! Only exotic I need now is the necro.

I officially have all the raid weapons except Atheon's Epilogue as well and that's counting all of the PoE 35 weapons!

Kind of feels cheap buying it, oh well, RNG has screwed me since day one for weeks of playtime now..

Dunlop

Haven't played in a few weeks, but did not expect Gally to ever be sold.

My son is running the weekly's now to be able to buy 3 lol

I can't wait for that someone who literally has over 1000+ strange coins but no ghorn (or maybe he has one) and buys a vault full of horns. Screw 3 of Coins and new stuff, I have a vault full of GHorns!

ocean

Banned
What's stopping them from taking Cabal, Hive, and Vex weapons and saying "Here you go, new exotics!"

I mean those weapons are cool, but I'd rather see some new things.
The way I see it, no Exotic is meant to replace another. We won't (I hope) get a "better" Hawkmoon. They're supposed to be unique and fun. This doesn't always mean OP, which is what many expect.

A burst shotgun with tons of ammo and crazy range (by shotgun standards)? Fun as hell. A Sniper-Fusion hybrid weapon with ridiculous aim assistance and tons of special ammo? So, so fun. A primary Sniper to wreck casual Crucible matches? So good. Like the Vex, Universal Remote, Bad Juju, Invective, Super Good Advice, these are usually not gonna be the objective best guns for basically any scenario. But this game is easy enough that outside maybe Skolas, you absolutely never ever need "the best" for anything. You can kill Crota with no guns for Christ's sake.

So having novelty stuff which isn't necessarily "omg best bet you need this worth the exotic slot" stuff like Gjallarhorn or Ice Breaker isn't a problem in my opinion. If we can keep getting stuff that plays uniquely, looks and sounds cool, and basically doesn't feel like anythingsf else in the game? We come out winning. The game is that much more varied and there's more ways to play. I just love using Lord of Wolves on Strike playlists where there's zero difficulty anyways so you might as well mess around with stuff that's fun to shoot.

And before anyone says "but time/whatever", using Gjallarhorn on a strike will let you finish maybe a minute quicker. Congrats :p

I'm a little confused about what Bungie is doing with Exotics weapons.

I know they have said that year one legendaries/raid stuff is not going to be useful, but what about the Exoitcs? I've been under the assumption that they are going to upgrade somehow, otherwise, what would be the point of changing their balance?

So does anyone know what Bungie is doing with exotics weapons? Will they have any place at all in year 2?

ocean

Banned

I know they have said that year one legendaries/raid stuff is not going to be useful, but what about the Exoitcs? I've been under the assumption that they are going to upgrade somehow, otherwise, what would be the point of changing their balance?

So does anyone know what Bungie is doing with exotics weapons? Will they have any place at all in year 2?
No hard info, but it's been suggested there will be some, as yet unspecified, way to keep them current.

blazeuk

I'm trying to prepare as best I can - I've got Thorn maxed but my secondary weapons aren't great. From what I've watched of Trials runs it seems everybody runs a sniper rifle, I typically use my old Found Verdict in Crucible because it's all I have. I have Praedyth's Revenge and Low Grade Humility on the sniper front.

Tons of people use shotguns in Trials, it really just depends on the map which is favoured more. The best teams tend to have a nice mix, having a good shotgun player push the other team helps hugely since it stops snipers getting too comfortable and being able to line up shots easily. Found Verdict is good enough, it's not going to beat out against the one shot long range shotguns like Matador/Felwinters but it's overall still a decent shotgun.

Praedyth's Revenge is popular in Trials and the Low Grade is decent with the right roll, a sniper is a sniper though, aim for the head and you don't need to worry about anything else.

GhaleonEB

It will be cleared up this coming Wednesday. There are some rumors out there but they are incomplete.

GRIP

I got my 6th to drop just a week or two ago from nightfall and I'm still thinking about buying one just cause. Man, looking back at all those weeks of disappointment while I was still a little hornless gaurdian... I'd come into work every Friday and immediately check Xur's inventory only to be let down.

I may not need another Gjallarhorn, but god dammit Xur is going to sell me one.

Now you can bring your XB1 Horn and help me through the NF and Weekly since I have all of like 7 coins.

Come on, all those weeks of Narmer Quest, Narmer Quest Hard Mode.. Help a bro out will ya?

:)

GRATS AMIGO WE WILL MELT ALL THE SOLAR BURN THINGS

while we still can

I absolutely would but I'm visiting family for the next 5 days. I could only bring one console. I brought the PS4 because I thought there was always a chance he'd sell the horn. How about that shit...

D_psipher

I got my 6th to drop just a week or two ago from nightfall and I'm still thinking about buying one just cause. Man, looking back at all those weeks of disappointment while I was still a little hornless gaurdian... I'd come into work every Friday and immediately check Xur's inventory only to be let down.

I may not need another Gjallarhorn, but god dammit Xur is going to sell me one.

I agree. I got my 4th one from NF this week but I want to contribute to the madness. I will help Xur get that money!

deoee

Me too, please. But seriously I've managed to amass about 20 passage coins so I'm going to try and make this happen this weekend, I'm not averse to just forming a group of misfits and banging my head against a wall a few times.

I'm trying to prepare as best I can - I've got Thorn maxed but my secondary weapons aren't great. From what I've watched of Trials runs it seems everybody runs a sniper rifle, I typically use my old Found Verdict in Crucible because it's all I have. I have Praedyth's Revenge and Low Grade Humility on the sniper front.

My heavy weapon is the question here. I always use Jolder's Hammer but apparently I want a proximity rocket launcher for Trials. Jolder's isn't fully upgraded either.

It just so happens that I'm Dead Orbit rank 3 and have 150 crucible marks lying around - last I checked the vendor was selling a rocket with proximity detonation. Go for it?

I have a Thorn too and some other fancy weapons but I suck with snipers :|.

Juraash

Oh Xur you magnificent asshole. Sell perhaps the most coveted exotic on the eve of an expansion where we don't have confirmation about what happens to exotics. But I passed, stupidly, on what I believe is the one other time he sold it. His selection is pretty garbage otherwise so I'll probably buy it...

Deku Tree

Just a thought:

Since with TTK we will be able to trade heavy ammo synths, motes, armor materials, and weapon parts (and other things?) For faction rep then does that mean that these things will be replaced with new items and that they will be not-usable for their old purposes after TTK launches?

lt519

Xur be filthy rich

Even worth leveling right now? I guess I should feel it's power at least once. So much grindy to get that leveled though. I almost don't want to see it so I don't feel bad about missing out on it for the past year...

Lee

My younger brother just got an Xbox One this week and I bought him TTK Legendary Edition so that he start playing through now. I wish there was a realistic way to get him the strange coins this weekend for Gjallahorn but I don't think that's going to happen.

It would be a grind, but it's possible. Get him to 20, have him grind strikes for gear, at 28 he can grind the PoE 28. Coins frequently drop out of the small chests. It would be possible between that and engrams and the weekly heroic to get enough, but it would be quite the grind.

ocean

Banned
It would be a grind, but it's possible. Get him to 20, have him grind strikes for gear, at 28 he can grind the PoE 28. Coins frequently drop out of the small chests. It would be possible between that and engrams and the weekly heroic to get enough, but it would be quite the grind.
"Strikes for gear"
3,900 rep to reach rank 2 and be able to buy gear. With low level Strikes on a playlist giving you like 12 per Strike. It really, really is absolutely terribly grindy to clear that beginning grind. It's where all my real life friends quit the game. Reaching 28 is a PITA.

Lee

"Strikes for gear"
3,900 rep to reach rank 2 and be able to buy gear. With low level Strikes on a playlist giving you like 12 per Strike. It really, really is absolutely terribly grindy to clear that beginning grind. It's where all my real life friends quit the game. Reaching 28 is a PITA.

Sorry, I should clarify. Strikes for engrams and blue gear to get to 28. It's not realistic to buy faction gear in a weekend.

Nuszka

The hype i getting to me, just checked my shifts during all the upcoming bungie streams and as it turns out on every one of them i will be at home . Yes!!!

Top Bottom