• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT27| Nerf Herders

You can guess what's the first thing I've done after arriving at home. That thing sure is fast compared to my crappy Admonisher. Most stupid thing is that I got another Rocket Launcher in the Strike (Wastelander V2V).

Tecnniqe

Banned
NGo7Af6.png

Dropped to the guy below me :(

Mupod

Tons of people use shotguns in Trials, it really just depends on the map which is favoured more. The best teams tend to have a nice mix, having a good shotgun player push the other team helps hugely since it stops snipers getting too comfortable and being able to line up shots easily. Found Verdict is good enough, it's not going to beat out against the one shot long range shotguns like Matador/Felwinters but it's overall still a decent shotgun.

Praedyth's Revenge is popular in Trials and the Low Grade is decent with the right roll, a sniper is a sniper though, aim for the head and you don't need to worry about anything else.

Yeah this lines up with my own experience in Crucible these past few days. Found Verdict was amazing to me when I first got it but now I find myself blown up in one hit at comparatively crazy ranges by Matador and Felwinter.

Silvard

Guys, now that I have my exotic slot locked down in PvE, what's the best overall legendary primary to have nowadays? I have a maxed Fatebringer and Vision of Confluence, also an Atheon's Epilogue but quite frankly I don't think that's very good. Things I don't have maxed: Fang of Ir Yut, any two Vanguard legendaries (got 300 Marks across two characters).

Falchion

It would be a grind, but it's possible. Get him to 20, have him grind strikes for gear, at 28 he can grind the PoE 28. Coins frequently drop out of the small chests. It would be possible between that and engrams and the weekly heroic to get enough, but it would be quite the grind.

Actually I just realized he already has 9 from the email thing. If I could get him to level 27 I could run him through the Weekly at the highest level for another 9. I just don't think we're going to have the time to grind gear up to 27. Might give it a shot though.

Rehsa

Awesome, he is selling it finally lol. Wondering if I should buy 5 more just in case I can fuse Wolfpack rounds into other guns. Omolon HC with Wolpack? Yes pls

Tecnniqe

Banned
Guys, now that I have my exotic slot locked down in PvE, what's the best overall legendary primary to have nowadays? I have a maxed Fatebringer and Vision of Confluence, also an Atheon's Epilogue but quite frankly I don't think that's very good. Things I don't have maxed: Fang of Ir Yut, any two Vanguard legendaries (got 300 Marks across two characters).

I love my FB.

Damn they got the horn and light beyond the nemesis this week and I only got 26 coins damn I should of saved my coins from last week. Oh well the horn would probably be the best choice.

The 3 in bold are the best IMO.

I really hope in the Destiny fiction that the Nine are like an executive board that decided to not sell the Horn again because of how poorly it did in Week 2. Then, Xur, man of the people, took back his will, stocked up on Horns, and today delivered them to the people. I would also love it if he disappeared after this week and was replaced by a new agent because dude took the money and ran.

I need to get back to work.

Namikaze1

Damn they got the horn and light beyond the nemesis this week and I only got 26 coins damn I should of saved my coins from last week. Oh well the horn would probably be the best choice.
Horn is the only choice. Nothing else matters. Don't be like the folks who went and bought Sunbreakers back at week 2.

Tecnniqe

Banned
I really hope in the Destiny fiction that the Nine are like an executive board that decided to not sell the Horn again because of how poorly it did in Week 2. Then, Xur, man of the people, took back his will, stocked up on Horns, and today delivered them to the people. I would also love it if he disappeared after this week and was replaced by a new agent because dude took the money and ran.

I need to get back to work.

Black market Xûr confirmed.

ich00

Buy the Horne and hope you can rng some strange coins for the helmet, that's the only way to go.

stb

Psyched for the hornless to be able to play with horn before they dull its luster.

But now I'm in a pickle. RNG has only seen fit to provide me with one ghorn through my playtime.

How many ghorns do I buy from xur?

A) 1? This would give me a "spare" in case they do the "merge 2 exotics together to make a new super exotic" thing, and leave me with 34 strange coins (I haven't done a weekly heroic in probably 6 weeks).

B) 2? This would give all my guardians one, and let me do A, but not do it twice. This would leave me with just 17 strange coins.

C) 3? This would give all my dudes one and have a spare in case the "merging" thing happens, which would give me 2 "megajallarhorns". This would leave me with ZERO strange coins.

Cons to buying a bunch:
- I didn't ACTUALLY use ghorn that much.
- The apps make stuff so easy to transfer things around.
- Ghorn-like burning of bosses and stuff is going to be less of a thing going forward, probably.
- Vault space is a problem
- I don't like being left with so few coins.

I think I'll do option A. It seems to be the measured approach. Am I making a mistake?

Whoyouare

This has probably already been said, but since the horn has been sold again bungee must have a pretty killer chase exotic up their sleeve.

Tecnniqe

Banned
Psyched for the hornless to be able to play with horn before they dull its luster.

But now I'm in a pickle. RNG has only seen fit to provide me with one ghorn through my playtime.

A) 1? This would give me a "spare" in case they do the "merge 2 exotics together to make a new super exotic" thing, and leave me with 34 strange coins (I haven't done a weekly heroic in probably 6 weeks).

B) 2? This would give all my guardians one, and let me do A, but not do it twice. This would leave me with just 17 strange coins.

C) 3? This would give all my dudes one and have a spare in case the "merging" thing happens, which would give me 2 "megajallarhorns". This would leave me with ZERO strange coins.

Cons to buying a bunch:
- Ghorn-like burning of bosses and stuff is going to be less of a thing going forward, probably.

I think I'll do option A. It seems to be the measured approach. Am I making a mistake?

I went with A in case they sell Y2 exotics during TTK

Namikaze1

Tess left last Thursday. Xur didn't had time to change his stock then. It's been over a week since she left and Xur brought with him Gjallarhorn.

Tess was working against us all this time!

ich00

Cons to buying a bunch:

How many strange coins do you have? I'm grabbing one 'horne then stocking up on strange coins for the Three of Coins thing that Xur will sell. I'd probably do option C if I had more coins to burn( I only have 100).

Lee

Actually I just realized he already has 9 from the email thing. If I could get him to level 27 I could run him through the Weekly at the highest level for another 9. I just don't think we're going to have the time to grind gear up to 27. Might give it a shot though.

Go for it! Run strikes for the engrams. Decrypt them one at a time, and every time you get a new better blue, put it on before doing the next engram. If you're level 23, engrams will decode with light to get you to 24, etc. Let me know if that doesn't make sense.

MrDaravon

Do we know if there is going to be any sort of upgrade thing for legendary weapons like there is apparently going to be for exotics? I've been tossing my older leveled up legendaries in my vault as I've been upgrading to elemental primaries etc.

Namikaze1

Speaking of Tess, I need to go visit Eva. (don't ask how the two are connected)

She better have the emblem!
No one tell me what she has! I'll find out myself.

Top Bottom