• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT27| Nerf Herders

Things I have left to do on xb1:
1 more HoW Mission
PoE 28 & 32
Heroic Weekly
Farm Glimmer
Purchase IB

If I have time:
Crota Abyss and Bridge x2.

I just got the game and I have friends who are helping me speed level up and I am getting my ass KICKED in PvP. The learning curve is steep and all of my guns suck compared to PvP meta guns. :(

todd360

A shotgun would probably suit you better for Rumble. ;)

Like I said, enjoy it while you can.

lol

you max'd your Gjallarhorn yet?

No. Every time I start doing pvp bounties I end up getting dragged off by Nami to play trials or hunt for the bones of eao. I have three more upgrade circles I think.

Namikaze1

No. Every time I start doing pvp bounties I end up getting dragged off by Nami to play trials or hunt for the bones of eao. I have three more upgrade circles I think.
Wait! You can't blame me for the Bones of Eao hunt. I'll be resuming the hunt tomorrow.

As for Trials, you weren't going to say no to math anyway. :p

maomaoIYP

I just got the game and I have friends who are helping me speed level up and I am getting my ass KICKED in PvP. The learning curve is steep and all of my guns suck compared to PvP meta guns. :(

If I'm not wrong the fastest way to level up is simply to play the main story quests and complete the bounties as they come up. Doing so puts you at level 18, and completion of the main story gives you The Stranger's Rifle, which is an excellent gun for PvP. Once that happens just play control in PvP to learn the maps and the mechanics. A general rule of thumb, don't sprint everywhere, don't be afraid to crouch, don't shy away from using cover and don't forget to use your super.

MildSoss

Any pvp pros out there wanna help me carry my scrubby friend to Mercury? I'm scared my back is going to break if I try to take on two scrubby friends. :(

todd360

Wait! You can't blame me for the Bones of Eao hunt. I'll be resuming the hunt tomorrow.

As for Trials, you weren't going to say no to math anyway. :p

I can! The bones are too tempting! You kept talking about the hunt and I had to join!

I can't say no to math.

znN5xZa.jpg

You haven't got long with it. Cherish it.

Xur will sell the Bones. #believe

We hyped the bones up too much. Bungie won't sell it now because they know we want it. Plus Ahamkara bones are super rare as it is. Xur has trouble getting a hold of them.

Dyno

I need a couple Guardians to help me kill Xyor the Unwed for my Thorn bounty.

I can do anyrhing after that.

PSN Dynovac

As much as I would like a Cabal raid, I'd really fucking like an Ahamkara raid. I wanna kill a Dragon and make clothes out of its bones. B)

todd360

As much as I would like a Cabal raid, I'd really fucking like an Ahamkara raid. I wanna kill a Dragon and make clothes out of its bones. B)

Why did I set her on the trail?
You try and try to explain, but no one ever understands. No one who's not a Warlock. Who hasn't spent a dozen years scouring the ruins for one string of symbols, one clean code, one black talon. Titans just make a hmphing noise, if they've stayed awake. Hunters clean their nails with their knives and look at you like you've grown a third eye.
But when you've spent your life searching through arcana for ancient power, you have the urge to reach out and educate others. Especially if you've had one too many.
Nah, she's not my type at all. We've played dice, cards, war games, you know, the usual stuff. I'd never tried to show off before. I don't know what came over me.
I had a broken vertebrae in my pocket that I'd borrowed from - yes, borrowed, I was going to put it back - what do you think you are, my conscience? It was a fossil, that means mineral replacement, a rock, basically. They can survive a few hours in my pocket. Do shut up.
The Cryptarchs weren't going to miss it. Everyone knows the Ahamkaras were hunted to extinction. There's nothing to be afraid of anymore.
Think of how mysterious this system is, I said. How much life sprang up when the Traveler came. Like the Ahamkara. Do you know the legends? The dragon that made promises? And I pulled out the fossil with a flourish -
She pulled out her knife and started to pick the dirt from her nails. That set me off. You could never have brought down one of these, Isaid. Ever. Not the greatest Hunter, not the brawniest Titan.
Her eyes narrowed. She said, Oh? Is that so? And I saw right then that she wasn't going to pass on the challenge.
I've murdered a Guardian, I thought. She's going to die. It'll be my fault. And I looked at the piece of spine in my hand and wondered - why did I say that? What moved me to such pride?

Hunters get reked by space dragons.

What PvP modes are you playing? Iron Banner and Trials will be really rough since level advantages are enabled. Some of the blue or even green weapons are halfway decent in normal Crucible playlists.

PvP strongly favors people who have a lot of time to play, it's the same as practicing to improve any skill. Better weapons help, but experience helps more.

Top Bottom