• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT27| Nerf Herders

Holy shit its scrub city in clash goddamn. This is the second match i went 35+ kills:

ucejLFD.jpg

Keep in mind my teamates were the same for the entire match...

Daemul

Two clanmates and I played a few sweaties yesterday which went well, probably because my sniping skills didn't desert me like last time thankfully. Some of our other clan members want us to sign up to the next XBO sweaty tournament, but I don't think we're ready for that at all. Whilst I'm confident that we can go toe to toe with the very best gun skill wise, the tactical side of our game is really lacking and we will end up getting rekt because of it.

We've developed some really bad habits due to spending way too much time pubstomping, and we need to get rid of them first before trying our luck in the tournies, because I really don't want to be facing the likes of Poshy and Fizzor when a vital side of our game is still so unpolished. We'll see, maybe before the end of the year we'll try our luck.

Why did I set her on the trail?
You try and try to explain, but no one ever understands. No one who's not a Warlock. Who hasn't spent a dozen years scouring the ruins for one string of symbols, one clean code, one black talon. Titans just make a hmphing noise, if they've stayed awake. Hunters clean their nails with their knives and look at you like you've grown a third eye.
But when you've spent your life searching through arcana for ancient power, you have the urge to reach out and educate others. Especially if you've had one too many.
Nah, she's not my type at all. We've played dice, cards, war games, you know, the usual stuff. I'd never tried to show off before. I don't know what came over me.
I had a broken vertebrae in my pocket that I'd borrowed from - yes, borrowed, I was going to put it back - what do you think you are, my conscience? It was a fossil, that means mineral replacement, a rock, basically. They can survive a few hours in my pocket. Do shut up.
The Cryptarchs weren't going to miss it. Everyone knows the Ahamkaras were hunted to extinction. There's nothing to be afraid of anymore.
Think of how mysterious this system is, I said. How much life sprang up when the Traveler came. Like the Ahamkara. Do you know the legends? The dragon that made promises? And I pulled out the fossil with a flourish -
She pulled out her knife and started to pick the dirt from her nails. That set me off. You could never have brought down one of these, Isaid. Ever. Not the greatest Hunter, not the brawniest Titan.
Her eyes narrowed. She said, Oh? Is that so? And I saw right then that she wasn't going to pass on the challenge.
I've murdered a Guardian, I thought. She's going to die. It'll be my fault. And I looked at the piece of spine in my hand and wondered - why did I say that? What moved me to such pride?

Hunters get reked by space dragons.

We'll see.

MrDaravon

I apologize for the IB train, that was by far the worst series of performances I have had in this game ever, Jesus Christ. I think I only had one game above a .5 K/D, and after nearly two hours I'm barely going to make it from Rank 1 to Rank 3, fuck. The Rank 4 class item dream is dead, I can't do it anymore.

Edit: And of course my internet dies as I make this post. I better be able to get on to buy my IB gear and last Light :(

Any pvp pros out there wanna help me carry my scrubby friend to Mercury? I'm scared my back is going to break if I try to take on two scrubby friends. :(

Still looking for help? If I don't hear back from eighty(one) about Skolas then I'd be down to try and help. How long will you be playing tonight?

I gotta be honest. An extra jump sounds like a terrible exotic perk.

But maybe I'm missing something.

People just want it because it's the last hard to get exotic from HoW, not because it's super OP.

Elder Cipher drop rate from Skolas is quite high, all other armor but Ram has been sold, and copious/lucky helmet engrams can get the Ram.

MrDaravon

Cool, after my home internet died briefly I can't get back onto Destiny, getting constant different errors on the Connecting screen, currently on my 3rd reboot. I am going to be fucking furious if I grinded out the IB for days and I'm not going to be able to buy my last Light and several pieces of gear that I was literally on my way to the Tower to get before the event ends.

Edit: Thank god, the last reboot did it for some reason. Was about to start flipping tables :(

MildSoss

Still looking for help? If I don't hear back from eighty(one) about Skolas then I'd be down to try and help. How long will you be playing tonight?

Doing a card really quick to try and get them at least 5 wins but i'll be on all night. If i see you on i'll shoot you a message. Thanks Drizz. :]

Kurumi

Why did I set her on the trail?
You try and try to explain, but no one ever understands. No one who's not a Warlock. Who hasn't spent a dozen years scouring the ruins for one string of symbols, one clean code, one black talon. Titans just make a hmphing noise, if they've stayed awake. Hunters clean their nails with their knives and look at you like you've grown a third eye.
But when you've spent your life searching through arcana for ancient power, you have the urge to reach out and educate others. Especially if you've had one too many.
Nah, she's not my type at all. We've played dice, cards, war games, you know, the usual stuff. I'd never tried to show off before. I don't know what came over me.
I had a broken vertebrae in my pocket that I'd borrowed from - yes, borrowed, I was going to put it back - what do you think you are, my conscience? It was a fossil, that means mineral replacement, a rock, basically. They can survive a few hours in my pocket. Do shut up.
The Cryptarchs weren't going to miss it. Everyone knows the Ahamkaras were hunted to extinction. There's nothing to be afraid of anymore.
Think of how mysterious this system is, I said. How much life sprang up when the Traveler came. Like the Ahamkara. Do you know the legends? The dragon that made promises? And I pulled out the fossil with a flourish -
She pulled out her knife and started to pick the dirt from her nails. That set me off. You could never have brought down one of these, Isaid. Ever. Not the greatest Hunter, not the brawniest Titan.
Her eyes narrowed. She said, Oh? Is that so? And I saw right then that she wasn't going to pass on the challenge.
I've murdered a Guardian, I thought. She's going to die. It'll be my fault. And I looked at the piece of spine in my hand and wondered - why did I say that? What moved me to such pride?

Hunters get reked by space dragons.

The hell they would. As a hunter myself I refuse to believe that.

ethomaz

Banned
Thanks for the trials run. A couple bad breaks, but a pretty decent card. Im just excited to retire my titan from trials for good... or until I actually get good with him.
Thank too... I wanted the weapon to do the weapon parts grind but it was all good... some mistakes from my part make us lost some matches :(

I'm really bad with Titans lol I miss every time the Striker's super.

todd360

Unstabie showed to me how 4 jumps do wonders in PVP :p

He has the bones and used them in trials with great results?

I demand HD video

You know nothing Kurumi-chan.

"YOU WILL DREAM OF TEETH AND NOTHING ELSE"
"Reality is the finest flesh, oh bearer mine. And are you not…hungry?"
"Look at all this life, oh bearer mine. There is so much left to burn... "

These are creatures of the void. Who knows the void as well Voidwalkers?

We can easily speculate that warlocks are the ones who hunted them to extinction.

phen0m24

We'll see.

Panda!!

I helped my friend (we used to work together) do 2 Nightfalls and then the 34. See, I do play on PS4. I know I'm evil and
shhhh I don't like the Xbone controller - my hands are possibly too small for it

My brother is playing Last of Us. So cool. I got him the Batman bundle and he's playing TLoU. Smart dude.

Two clanmates and I played a few sweaties yesterday which went well, probably because my sniping skills didn't desert me like last time thankfully. Some of our other clan members want us to sign up to the next XBO sweaty tournament, but I don't think we're ready for that at all. Whilst I'm confident that we can go toe to toe with the very best gun skill wise, the tactical side of our game is really lacking and we will end up getting rekt because of it.

We've developed some really bad habits due to spending way too much time pubstomping, and we need to get rid of them first before trying our luck in the tournies, because I really don't want to be facing the likes of Poshy and Fizzor when a vital side of our game is still so unpolished. We'll see, maybe before the end of the year we'll try our luck.

Only way to get better is to play against better players. How else are you going to get that level of competition? Throw yourself into the deep end I say, even if you stink up a few tournaments. That's the whole problem with pub stomping, there's no risk involved.

Slight tangent off your post:
For beginning players, a ToO carry train is a great place to learn and improve. There are so many basic things they don't know. But for intermediate or more ambitious players it won't help much. You have to put yourself in the difficult positions, where you have to make the decisions and make the plays that win or lose the match.

Don't let that crazy Warlock fool you. He's really a Hunter at heart anyway. ;)

Panda!!

I helped my friend (we used to work together) do 2 Nightfalls and then the 34. See, I do play on PS4. I know I'm evil and
shhhh I don't like the Xbone controller - my hands are possibly too small for it

My brother is playing Last of Us. So cool. I got him the Batman bundle and he's playing TLoU. Smart dude.

He is a very smart dude. :p

Maybe one of these days we'll be playing on PS4 at the same time. Imagine that!

If you find yourself short on scrubs to run trials with just send me an invite. No need for mercury, just want to play without getting stomped every round.

LTWood12

Would anyone be up for helping me get to 5 wins (or more)?

Only way to get better is to play against better players. How else are you going to get that level of competition? Throw yourself into the deep end I say, even if you stink up a few tournaments. That's the whole problem with pub stomping, there's no risk involved.

Slight tangent off your post:
For beginning players, a ToO carry train is a great place to learn and improve. There are so many basic things they don't know. But for intermediate or more ambitious players it won't help much. You have to put yourself in the difficult positions, where you have to make the decisions and make the plays that win or lose the match.

Help me ;)

Kurumi

He has the bones and used them in trials with great results?

I demand HD video

You know nothing Kurumi-chan.

"YOU WILL DREAM OF TEETH AND NOTHING ELSE"
"Reality is the finest flesh, oh bearer mine. And are you not…hungry?"
"Look at all this life, oh bearer mine. There is so much left to burn... "

These are creatures of the void. Who knows the void as well Voidwalkers?

We can easily speculate that warlocks are the ones who hunted them to extinction.

Nope. I don't believe that. We're called Hunters for a reason.

Dat complete IB armor:

Looks slick! I have full OG IB sets which I mostly like better but that Warlock is damn nice. Not nice enough to make me ever play IB again, but still nice.

Are you down for resets? Pretty sure I still have Oracles, no HM Crota though. I'm assuming Jigga will be there, I think ZW said he would be, not sure about Unstable or a Ruthless replacement.

coy

All the beer talk had me grab more. Nothing like a Monday buzz!
Did it last IB, but just couldn't bring myself to do it again. Rank 5 on 1 character this go.
This is the first and last time I'll do it. Not that it wasn't fun but some of the decision making was puzzling and grating to witness firsthand. GAF saved much of the sanity thankfully.

todd360

Wait... That grimoire card is confusing me now. The warlock confirms that everyone believes the ahamkara to be extinct. He proceeds to have a panic attack about the hunter who wants to kill a ahamkara. He seems to believe that only warlocks have the ability to take them on. He also believes them to be extinct. So why did he have a panic attack about a hunter looking for a creature that doesn't exist anymore. Either this is sloppy writing or the spine in his hand somehow helped him sense that at least one more is alive. Or something.

There has to be a at least one left.

Frenden

Banned
I kept my OG Iron Banner chest piece and Jolders that prove I went full Rank 5 the first time Banner hit. That was a grueling week of randoms dropping out of games as soon as the match went in the opposing team's favor because there were no medallions. And buffs weren't nearly as good.

I couldn't bring myself to use etheric light on the chest. It's like refinishing an antique or something.

A_Gorilla

Banned
Looks slick! I have full OG IB sets which I mostly like better but that Warlock is damn nice. Not nice enough to make me ever play IB again, but still nice.

Are you down for resets? Pretty sure I still have Oracles, no HM Crota though. I'm assuming Jigga will be there, I think ZW said he would be, not sure about Unstable or a Ruthless replacement.

I'm down as always.

If you find yourself short on scrubs to run trials with just send me an invite. No need for mercury, just want to play without getting stomped every round.

Lol well I'm going to do the dishes real quick then log on. If I haven't heard back from eighty(one) about Skolas by then I'll be down for Trials. If Soss wants to run then I'll play some with him but I'll be around all night until reset.

Not sure if any other experienced players are around, but we could either try two Mercury runs or just aim for 3+ wins (5+ w boons). Sunday night is usually the weakest competition, so we'll see.

Wait... That grimoire card is confusing me now. The warlock confirms that everyone believes the ahamkara to be extinct. He proceeds to have a panic attack about the hunter who wants to kill a ahamkara. He seems to believe that only warlocks have the ability to take them on. He also believes them to be extinct. So why did he have a panic attack about a hunter looking for a creature that doesn't exist anymore. Either this is sloppy writing or the spine in his hand somehow helped him sense that at least one more is alive. Or something.

There has to be a at least one left.

And I'm gonna kill it.

LTWood12

Lol well I'm going to do the dishes real quick then log on. If I haven't heard back from eighty(one) about Skolas by then I'll be down for Trials. If Soss wants to run then I'll play some with him but I'll be around all night until reset.

Not sure if any other experienced players are around, but we could either try two Mercury runs or just aim for 3+ wins (5+ w boons). Sunday night is usually the weakest competition, so we'll see.

Sweet. Hopefully I don't hit enrage before then.

Top Bottom