• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT27| Nerf Herders

ich00

Just dinged 91 levels of Dead Orbit....and still no damn ship. Why does it have such a low drop rate....WHY!?!?!?!?

I have about a combined 40 or 45 rank in DO and still haven't seen a shader or ship. my bother on the other hand is at like rank 15 and has all of the shaders. RNG gonna RNG.

All good points.

What's weapon of choice for Small Arms? Whenever it's NOT small arms I use Fatebringer. But when it is I kind of like to use Fang.

I've been using a Wolf's Leash (the Skolas scout rifle) with Arc and suppress captains. It's pretty legit, but the suppression doesn't proc often enough to make it noticeably better than Fang or even Scholar. Fate Bringer is still good of course, but I prefer the range on scouts since a lot of the add clearing will be long range.

Any Arc primary is fine, I've also used Messenger. Fang is probably "best" imo.

ocean

Banned
I just know that TTK will change the Faction's drop loot table. That's my luck. They'll take out Hanged Man from the loot table before I ever get one :(

Hope they don't do this.

E92 M3

Wish we could get you in there too :)

Secretly hopes Hawkian gets XB1 so noob raids can go viral and multi platform :)

Lol every time I write "Lonely Boners" I wait for Trance's reply. Lol high five man! :)

Hahah just dispelling the old stigma ;)

phen0m24

The Xbox One controller triggers are SO much better.

Other than that, PS4 is the better way to play.

While the trigger feel is better I personally like the size and shape of the DS4 better, and very much agree on the PS4 comment.

Still awaits Lamonster's GT that I may already have and just don't know or forgot

ocean

Banned
I've been using a Wolf's Leash (the Skolas scout rifle) with Arc and suppress captains. It's pretty legit, but the suppression doesn't proc often enough to make it noticeably better than Fang or even Scholar. Fate Bringer is still good of course, but I prefer the range on scouts since a lot of the add clearing will be long range.

I find that the captain stun perk procs more consistently on high RoF weapons like the Pulse Rifle and Auto Rifle. Still not a good enough reason to use those; Hand Cannons and Scouts are the only decent choices.

Don't even know what to say...

NF 1 = Gjallerhorn 6th
NF 2 = Icebreaker 4th
NF 3 = HAWKMOON! 1st

and meanwhile my nightfall partner is weeks in a row without even a single exotic.. he has them all though.

LTWood12

Yeah I use Fang in Round 5 against the Pilot Servitor. Scout just seems like the better choice w/ the damage buff, & range for taking out the ads. I haven't tried using my arc scholar, but might play around w/ that. Still don't have any elemental Skolas primaries.

todd360

Still no Bones for me. Got a Truth, No Land Beyond, and a legendary pulse rifle. Bleh.

Got nighthawk and vanguard pulse rifle. Not sure if I'm even going to bother playing through on my warlock since the chance of bones there is slim to none. I can only remember 1 time when I got armor for a different class I was playing as on NF.

Deku Tree

I like Scout Rifles. They are my favorite weapons class.

Against Vex I use my Void Scholar because Praetorians.
Against Hive I use VoC to take down the Wizards with Solar Shields.
Against Fallen I use Fang to take down the Captians with Arc Shields.

todd360

Scout rifles are good. Makes me stay back. I get overconfident with fatebribger sometimes.

LTWood12

I'd use a void scout on Vex if I had it. As is I switch back and forth between a void summoner and void jewel. Maybe Word every once in awhile.

Against Hive I almost always use Fatebringer. If I want to change things up I use Oversoul Edict. But Firefly is just too useful for taking out the trash, and then use Black Hammer/Spear on the Wizards. Gjallarhorn when I'm in a pinch.

Fatebringer most of the time on Fallen too. But I think Scouts take better advantage of the small arms perk, and w/ the importance of taking out ads in that fight, the range and big mag makes me really like Fang.

I'd use a void scout on Vex if I had it. As is I switch back and forth between a void summoner and void jewel. Maybe Word every once in awhile.

Against Hive I almost always use Fatebringer. If I want to change things up I use Oversoul Edict. But Firefly is just too useful for taking out the trash, and then use Black Hammer/Spear on the Wizards. Gjallarhorn when I'm in a pinch.

Fatebringer most of the time on Fallen too. But I think Scouts take better advantage of the small arms perk, and w/ the importance of taking out ads in that fight, the range and big mag makes me really like Fang.

Right Now i use Fang on Fallen

Elemental Shotguns for just about any tough enemy. Primaries can get the job done but Shottys are just so reliable

Fatebringer is slowly becoming very useful now that I am leveling it up

I don't know, Math. We're all going to be DGAF hipsters eventually once Unstable and the Double Dutchies Twitch streams officially blow up. We've seen nghtly and legend kind of explode, imagine how our little Destiny haven would react/deal/exist with loads of new people who may or may not share our values of helpfulness, kindness and consideration? Might be a little crazy. I feel like letting it grow organically is the way to go. :)

Holy crap I'm dragging bro. Did 2 NF's and a 34 on PS4 and then our 28 and 32 on Bone and i. Need. Sleep. Lol

Quote from RNG: "Send them home crying!" ;)

Hahaha I can tell. When you start yawning and being quiet, I know the wall has been hit! I think you used every ounce of energy left to kill Mr. Burns haha.

Both of us not having a ghorn makes the game more... interesting :p

Aww not noticeably better than Fang?! Sadface.

Lnkn52

Meh Microsoft

mIhQL3M.png

Was there supposed to be an embargo lifting for TTK coverage today or was that later this week? I remember seeing tweets of youtubers saying they'd be uploading stuff.

Crackdown looks kinda lame.

Ugh I hate work. Want my Destiny fix.

I woke up early today so I can try going to the gym before work. Managed to do it and make breakfast. While the oven was heating up I also manage to get 1 NF in before I had to hop in the shower.

I was tempted to try to go for another one. .

I got the Messenger last night. It's amazing as is but not yet leveled up. I was doing a bit better with Thorn still. Anyone have any feedback on how much better it is (or isn't) with all the perks unlocked?

PuMa

I got the Messenger last night. It's amazing as is but not yet leveled up. I was doing a bit better with Thorn still. Anyone have any feedback on how much better it is (or isn't) with all the perks unlocked?

It's like night and day in my opinion. Perfect Balance is the best.

Manp

I just know that TTK will change the Faction's drop loot table. That's my luck. They'll take out Hanged Man from the loot table before I ever get one :(

Hope they don't do this.

don't worry man, it's not that great anyway :|

it's fucking awesome :°°°

Top Bottom