• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT27| Nerf Herders

neoism

6 levels... thats better ....

rip in piece peter....lol
north :D guess ill delete my titan and start over.. in September

i so wish i wouldnt have gotten destiny until this year.... dont care how good it looks im not getting D2 until a year out....

Arrrammis

So the level cap is now 40 for our actual level without armor being considered?

So right now we are all level 20? Imagine when TTK drops Bungie removed all of our nice legendary and exotic armors and weapons. Won't be able to use them until level 40. Time for some PVE/story grind.
Unless they go back to some footage way back before the game was released, where you can find and equip any weapon at any level, then it scales down to your level (showed one guy getting and using a thunderlord at like lvl. 5). I think that would be awesome.

Well, at least I don't have to do anymore strikes for the Pilgrim now. I am happy and sad.

Hopefully we get some really awesome "if you loved the Fatebringer you'll love this gun in TTK" type stuff.

Why would they just drop ALL of those guns off though

They have to be at least somewhat useable in the new content right?

I just don't get this. I'm sure I'll have no problem finding new gear that I like. But if I really want to keep my beloved Fang and be competitive why not let me? Dudes doing hundreds of strikes for a Hopscotch Pilgrim just SOL? Seems like a bad choice to me.

And yet my Red Death can come along for the ride? I don't care about that gun at all.

todd360

I still think that tyrion voice was OK. I guess this is for the best though since it makes no sense from a story standpoint why ghost doesn't talk anymore in new dlc.

Definity

Yeah, I'm glad to see the light level stuff go. Using standard XP across the board makes much more sense.

Looks like it's time to shard a few legendary weapons I've been holding in my vault.

So this is Destiny 2, essentially. I mean the weapons balance patch is called 2.0, but the rest of the game is getting relaunched and rebooted.

• Totally redone quest system.
  • Totally redone leveling system.
  • Totally redone weapons organization (e.g. foundries)
  • Totally redone Ghost
  • Totally new loot drop system
  • Probably more

They're hitting the reset button for Year 2. This is very exciting. I really hope they nail it.

LTWood12

Something regarding the quote about Year One weapons sticks out to me:

Year one legendary armor and weapons are not set to progress in power as year 2 begins.

Makes me think maybe we'll see something later on in year 2 that 'ascends' the year one weapons.

ocean

Banned
Well, at least I don't have to do anymore strikes for the Pilgrim now. I am happy and sad.

Hopefully we get some really awesome "if you loved the Fatebringer you'll love this gun in TTK" type stuff.
Unless there's even more dramatic changes to PvP, your Pilgrim search should go on. Being stuck at 365 attack means it won't be viable for high level PvE content but you weren't gonna use the Pilgrim there anyways. And in Crucible attack stat is irrelevant so your gun will be just as good as it is now.

Can't wait to play this, hype so real.

Yeah, I'm glad to see the light level stuff go. Using standard XP across the board makes much more sense.

Looks like it's time to sharding a few legendary weapons I've been holding in my vault.

Where is the confirmation that all year one weapons are being left in the dust?

Ok just found it

DAYUM

But I have just grown to love my year one guns and many of them took some work!

Damnit!

Deku Tree

Whelp now we know how they are handling the vault space problem. "Destroy your old stuff because its now worthless Guardians!" We gonna reset your progress yet again! Keep grinding!

neoism

We were also told that Destiny’s loot system will now pay closer attention to the loot you have already received when determining an appropriate drop, so that players will more consistently receive armor and weapons that provide meaningful power growth, items that vary their gear slot from one drop to the next, and fewer drops of items that a player has already attained.

whhy did it take them a year to figure this out ...
this is needed in any gane with loot...

smh

Wait armor too? Fuck that. They need to introduce a transmogrification system. Make it require Jibby-Jabby Crystals from the Taken King or whatever, but for armor they really would need to increase the amount of variety in order to make up for it. Lest they have a situation where everyone is wearing the same armor from the Taken King Fight because it's the best.

Or maybe this is their answer for not increasing vault space, guaranteeing that our old armor will be shit that we'd want to delete it.

Whelp now we know how they are handling the vault space problem. "Destroy your old stuff because its now worthless Guardians!" We gonna reset your progress yet again! Keep grinding!

I'm glad I'm not the only one who came to the same conclusion <3

Carn82

So this is Destiny 2, essentially. I mean the weapons balance patch is called 2.0, but the rest of the game is getting relaunched and rebooted.

• Totally redone quest system.
  • Totally redone leveling system.
  • Totally redone weapons organization (e.g. foundries)
  • Totally redone Ghost
  • Totally new loot drop system
  • Probably more

They're hitting the reset button for Year 2. This is very exciting. I really hope they nail it.

We have additional details about the Ghost in this month’s cover story, including ways in which the character now presents a new optional avenue into learning about Destiny’s lore.

so my guess you can also add 'in game grimoire' to that :)

Meh Microsoft

mIhQL3M.png

834.gif

Where is the confirmation that all year one weapons are being left in the dust?
Ok just found it
DAYUM
But I have just grown to love my year one guns and many of them took some work!
Damnit!

I'm actually glad they're forcing us to ditch our old weapons. Give us new carrots to chase that are actually worthwhile.

I wonder how old armor is going to be treated. Strip the light but keep the perks? I'd hate to ditch my VoG and Trials sets.

Auto_aim1

MeisaMcCaffrey
yea, smart loot was a sham. i'll believe it when I see it.. can't believe it took me so long to get the Hawkmoon
Smart loot was only for CE raid gear and weapons. I think it worked pretty well. Reached level 32 in no time and got all the raid weapons pretty fast.

I'm actually glad they're forcing us to ditch our old weapons. Give us new carrots to chase that are actually worthwhile.

I wonder how old armor is going to be treated. Strip the light but keep the perks? I'd hate to ditch my VoG and Trials sets.

That's the kicker. I figure armor will actually mean something now that Light is gone(And was the main stat for determining how much damage you took.)

I mean, armor as it is right now is meaningless because Light determines everything. Which means that old armor will significantly be shittier.

Dave_6

I don't see how anything can replace the Fatebringer, but if there is something I'm anxious to see what it is.

Pouring one out for the legendary items that'll be dismantled starting on 9/15.

I'll miss you both, Vision of Confluence and Fatebringer. It's been fun.

There is no reason to not have an Etheric Light- like system for year 2.

Why would you willingly get rid of like 2/3 of the gear in your own game?

it's almost certainly coming with the final expansion before year 3. our ascended 365 legendaries will continue to be viable for a while, and then will be gradually eclipsed by Taken King guns, and then as the expansions keep going, they'll use ascending to add more variety to the loot pool as things stagnate again.

It's the circle of life.

Thats whats bothering me

Like they are being very clear that TTK has moutains of gear rivaling year one in its entirety

Thats really great but why not mix everything together? Who knows but honestly its a net positive either way

Just a shame that so many cool weapons are going to be mostly forgotten

Because it's 95% of it is crap and the other \5% is totally OP. I'm exclusively using guns I got in the Vault a year ago, with the exception of Black Hammer.

Additionally, old gear doesn't work with their new experience leveling system and new weapons foundries paradigm. It'd be a ton of work to convert them.

I kind of wish they created a story mission where Ghost gets damaged and they have to rebuild the AI somehow to explain the voice change instead of just retconning dinklebot but whatever.

Peters lines were pretty fucking bad.

ocean

Banned

Considering
A) TK has more new gear than 1.0 shipped with and
B) there's maybe a half dozen legendary weapons, at most, which are truly special,

I don't think it's a big deal. Fatebringer, VoC, Found Verdict and Black Hammer. Hand Cannons with Firefly were shown in the E3 preview; Scouts already have Auto Fire; BH is getting nerfed anyways. Giving us new stuff better than these staples is trivially easy. And literally nothing else is truly special or standout for PvE.

Thats whats bothering me

Like they are being very clear that TTK has moutains of gear rivaling year one in its entirety

Thats really great but why not mix everything together? Who knows but honestly its a net positive either way

Just a shame that so many cool weapons are going to be mostly forgotten

The weapons I can understand.

The armor however, there should be an option for cosmetic armor. Like...in the UI screen of your gear have it so you have an 'Active' Armor slot and a 'Cosmetic' Armor slot. Bam, done, problem solved.

Top Bottom