• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT27| Nerf Herders

rNilla

Wait, will I really be able to purge all these legendaries? I was thinking of doing this anyway but we never know what the future holds.

Because it's 95% of it is crap and the other 5% is totally OP. I'm exclusively using guns I got in the Vault a year ago, with the exception of Black Hammer.

Additionally, old gear doesn't work with their new experience leveling system and new weapons foundries paradigm. It'd be a ton of work to convert them.
Other people should be more upset than me. I haven't even been able to find a Fatebringer or a VoC yet.

Just let me keep my Fang Bungie. :'(

Guys everything is changing... I'm scared.... Someone hold me.

Most of the news is exciting but forget trying to get anymore good weapons. It's time to hoard weapon and armor parts

Considering
A) TK has more new gear than 1.0 shipped with and
B) there's maybe a half dozen legendary weapons, at most, which are truly special,

I don't think it's a big deal. Fatebringer, VoC, Found Verdict and Black Hammer. Hand Cannons with Firefly were shown in the E3 preview; Scouts already have Auto Fire; BH is getting nerfed anyways. Giving us new stuff better than these staples is trivially easy. And literally nothing else is truly special or standout for PvE.

Yeah but geez TBD and HOW arent even that old and those guns are going to be obsolete?

I just hope the variety pool is large enough this time to make up for it

E92 M3

It kinda sucks about having a reset like TDB. Makes it seem like all the collecting and rerolling is for naught. I don't play MMOs - so don't care or know how they do things. I do know that we spend a lot of time playing Destiny and it would suck to have everything becomes useless and be on equal footing to new players. Veterans should get some special perks for all the hours we put in (and emblem doesn't count).

So basically hunting for etheric light is pointless now? Not that mad about that.

Work on leveling up my exotics

So whats going to be the point of year one content now?

Are they going to change them up completely so that you are just living on the limited TTK content?

Lnkn52

Yeah but geez TBD and HOW arent even that old and those guns are going to be obsolete?

I just hope the variety pool is large enough this time to make up for it

So true. It feels like I've been playing this game for years. It hasn't even reached year 1. 0_0

123rl

It's a handcannon

that shoots cannoballs

That explode. And set things on fire. And then reloads immediately. And is perfect :(

The only bad news from this is that legendaries will slowly become irrelevant in the grand scheme of things. Shitty exotics I'll never use? They'll still be around. But the guns I want to use 99% of the time, like Fatebringer or Felwinter's Lie? Am I supposed to just discard them now?

Im ok with this and as long as the loot system is getting improved to have less double stuff from dropping then bring it. But I will still keep some raid weapons just in case.

ocean

Banned
Yeah, that's what I was wondering. Is there even a point to running the old raids once TTK hits?
For fun? Most of us keep playing VoG despite having all the loot because it's a cool experience. I don't have all the Queen's weapons but don't run PoE because it's not (for me) fun. I'm not sure loot is that strong a determinant for long term longevity.

kiguel182

I like this news. Change is good.

No point in holding on the old weapons. Let the grind for better gear start. Let's just hope that grind is enjoyable.

I'll continue grinding the old stuff until then.

The new video has great footage. Seeing the Hunter vanguard move around was amazing.

Also in the video around 0:57 it looks like the Warlock is on the PVP map killing gorgons. . maybe a Warzone like PVP game?

Also I love it when we get to go to Earth. When the guardian was high up on some construction bar---YES!

Homeboyd

Im confused,

No more weapon leveling? So we will be forced to use the new weapons?
Can someone explain this to me
You can use them, but they'll be outclassed quickly by new TTK gear. Season 1 gear is meant to stay in Season 1.

Still wondering why they nerfed the Black Hammer if it will be useless.
You CAN use it in TTK.. you'll just want to leave it behind pretty quickly once you acquire new/better gear.

So whats going to be the point of year one content now?

Are they going to change them up completely so that you are just living on the limited TTK content?
Point of season 1 gear is to help with season 1 content. They're going to be capped where they currently are (365), and the new stuff will likely go to 400+ to match the TTK level caps. So you can bring them along for the story missions etc.. but the harder stuff you'll want TTK gear for.

PuMa

Something regarding the quote about Year One weapons sticks out to me:

Makes me think maybe we'll see something later on in year 2 that 'ascends' the year one weapons.

Of course. That's how they get you to come back after the first big lull.

That explode. And set things on fire. And then reloads immediately. And is perfect :(

The only bad news from this is that legendaries will slowly become irrelevant in the grand scheme of things. Shitty exotics I'll never use? They'll still be around. But the guns I want to use 99% of the time, like Fatebringer or Felwinter's Lie? Am I supposed to just discard them now?

They say that the 365 power is still good for the opening segments of TTK but then become to weak the further you go in

This blows my mind since TTK isnt really THAT huge of content drop. Or maybe it is?

Im confused

E92 M3

They put us in the same situation when TDB launched.

And everyone hated it, so they reverted back in HoW.

My torch is lit, but not rioting yet. I don't want to feel slight by Bungie again and don't want to feel like year 2 noobs are on equal footing to the originals. Otherwise we've all been collecting shit for nothing except temporary satisfaction.

Year 1 players should have the ability to carry a few weapons over to TTK levels as a reward of dedication.

The new video has great footage. Seeing the Hunter vanguard move around was amazing.

Also in the video around 0:57 it looks like the Warlock is on the PVP map killing gorgons. . maybe a Warzone like PVP game?

Also I love it when we get to go to Earth. When the guardian was high up on some construction bar---YES!

where is the video?

You can use them, but they'll be outclassed quickly by new TTK gear. Season 1 gear is meant to stay in Season 1.

You CAN use it in TTK.. you'll just want to leave it behind pretty quickly once you acquire new/better gear.

Point of season 1 gear is to help with season 1 content. They're going to be capped where they currently are (365), and the new stuff will likely go to 400+ to match the TTK level caps. So you can bring them along for the story missions etc.. but the harder stuff you'll want TTK gear for.

Man

I almost rather they find an interesting way to remix and remake eveything so that build variety is even better

TTK content doesnt look THAT huge

Im a little upset right now. I knew thay wanted an easy way for us to swallow losing the Gjallhorn, and Fatebringer, without pissing everyone off, a "clean slate" to undo their own mistakes, I think this is a huge middle finger to everyone.

Another week another Gjallarhorn, smh. Think this is number #13 now. I've had at least one drop every week for the past 4 weeks.
OuRq8eW.jpg

Thanks but no thanks Bungie. Gimme Bones nao.

Im confused,

No more weapon leveling? So we will be forced to use the new weapons?
Can someone explain this to me
All of the year one weapons and armor will be unable to upgrade to the new year 2 stats. You can still use it for early taken king stuff but for end game the new gear is the way to go.

Idk about this. I actually like the light system. I feel like it made the gear mean something and made it all feel more valuable. I think a flat xp based leveling system sounds so boring.

Hopefully it turns out well.

Unless there's even more dramatic changes to PvP, your Pilgrim search should go on. Being stuck at 365 attack means it won't be viable for high level PvE content but you weren't gonna use the Pilgrim there anyways. And in Crucible attack stat is irrelevant so your gun will be just as good as it is now.

Can't wait to play this, hype so real.

Good point. I do feel like a lot of folks are banking on the idea of the Pilgrim becoming one of the new "best guns for PvP".

I imagine with them wanting us to ditch old weapons a new Pilgrim will arise in TTK.

ocean

Banned
And everyone hated it, so they reverted back in HoW.

My torch is lit, but not rioting yet. I don't want to feel slight by Bungie again and don't want to feel like year 2 noobs are on equal footing to the originals. Otherwise we've all been collecting shit for nothing except temporary satisfaction.

Year 1 players should have the ability to carry a few weapons over to TTK levels as a reward of dedication.
Temporary satisfaction as in getting cool stuff and using it? Lol Fatebringer has given us pleeeenty of kills, it won't have been "collected for nothing" if it's no longer the best option in a month. And I suppose we do get to carry over our Exotics. And our current gear will probably still be viable in PvP unless there's some huge changes there as well.

PuMa

I'd be ok with the phasing out of year one legendary weapons if Bungie would confirm that there would NEVER be an option to upgrade them. It's the unknown that makes me want to hold on to them. They stumbled through year one without a clear long-term gameplan, and I definitely sharded some stuff I wish I had kept when upgrade options became available.

Top Bottom