• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT27| Nerf Herders

I might have to take back what I keep saying about vault space and how they aren't going to do anything. With today's news that HAVE to do something. There is no way.
They also might not do anything at all. This kinda lines up with what Deej said long ago regarding Vault Space. He said that we would have to leave gear behind and keep stuff that we REALLY want to keep.

I swear based on the reactions to leaving old gear behind, some want to use the same 3-4 weapons for the next few years only to be replaced by whatever god weapon surpasses them.
Perhaps they should make more than just 3-4 good weapons. Just a thought. That's not a reason to kill those 3-4 good weapons.

Honestly, I can totally accept this if raid gear was not affected. Trials gear too because it is functionally raid gear. All of the other announcements sound promising, it's just this boneheaded gear phase-out plan that I take issue with.

Edit:
ITT people worrying about their current gear from Season 1 being worthless in TTK...

Meanwhile Cha is destroying people in trials with a white sniper.

Yeah, too bad he can't use that in trials or iron banner.

I agree with this too. Thing of it is remember this: TDB gear was supposed to replace vanilla gear, some did some didn't. HoW gear was maybe supposed to replace old gear, some did some didn't, and those weapons that couldn’t be replaced could be upgraded.

I'll believe my Fatebringer / VoC / OG Spear (have all 3 elementals) / BTRD / whatever are replaced once I find a replacement.

This is perfectly fine if it's an option to move on to other gear. Make new stuff good, I'll drop the old where there is overlap. Instead, we are being forced and have to hope the stuff is good.

void666

Banned
I love my fate bringer. But to be honest i'm tired of using it. I ascended one. The other two are rotting in my vault. I'm tired of hand cannons. I need new stuff.

Excited for TTK.

People saying that it's good to leave the stuff behind. It literally hurts nothing letting us keep our gear.
So instead of seeing
VoG weapons
CE weapons
And Oryx weapons

You'll see
Oryx weapons.

Why is this better?

You're correct in that everyone will still use the same weapons, but at least there will be a hunt to get the new weapons.

There was no incentive in terms of acquiring gear to much of HoW's content. Besides community, the reason people continue to pour hours and hours into this game is to get loot.

People saying that it's good to leave the stuff behind. It literally hurts nothing letting us keep our gear. If you wanna see new stuff used, well that's on Bungie to make better weapons. Right now in PVE you only see raid weapons. They are clearly better than other legendaries. You think Taken King won't have these too?

So instead of seeing
VoG weapons
CE weapons
And Oryx weapons

You'll see
Oryx weapons.

Why is this better?

Hilarious that you left out PoE.

--------------------

We have almost 0 info on the new weapons system. There were screenshots from E3 that had light levels on weapons. Old weapons were either useless (95% of them) or way overpowered, even if fun (Fatebringer). And old weapons besides raid weapons, aren't compatible with the new foundries paradigm. Which brings me to the other thing I think they're going for:

You'll see (edited):
Oryx weapons.
Foundries weapons

Would not be surprised to see foundries have god-tier weapons. This is a way to increase weapons diversity.

SaganIsGOAT

No lol. I did like his acting. The ghost was awkward, and not a know it all.

But then, what could he do with a shit script and shit story?

Time to drop Destiny and get an Xbox One for H5 I guess.

This.

Fuck you Bungie. You did not learn with TDB.

Holy hissy fit

Fuck you Bungie. You did not learn with TDB.

Here's the part of our regularly scheduled program where I remind people to please refrain from posting "F the devs."

Please criticize and voice your displeasure as much as you want. Try to explain what you don't like and why. Please don't say "fuck you Bungie."

That is all. Thank you.

This is bullshit. There is literally no reason to turn this game on until September then. What a waste of time grinding for all my legendary weapons like HP. Disgusting.

Frenden

Banned
Well I witnessed it first hand. And no, he was destroying kids.
I started a new account this week and got a Mark of the Unbroken and had several 4-6 KDR matches with a white pulse rifle as a level 5.

Gear is fluid. I'm ready for new stuff. Exotics sound like they're coming along for the ride and that's good enough for me.

ocean

Banned
Fatebringer and vision of confluence were used extensively because they are great weapons, yes. I say the solution is to create other weapons on par with these, guns that are actually fun to use like these two. Given the track record of the weapons they added in the previous two dlc expansions, are you really confident they can deliver other fun, worthwhile weapons on the same level?

Rather than saying, "You're having too much fun with fatebringer, we want you to use something else. It's now obsolete, use these new weapons." The sentiment should be, "Fatebringer is a fun and incredibly useful weapon, here are some more that compliment that experience."

TL;DR
They need to make us want to use other guns by making them fun and effective, not force us to my making the fun guns ineffective.
Umm zero doubt new stuff will be better. Sentimentality aside, HoW Legendaries are better than 99% of the 1.0 gear.

Fatebringer is only special because it's the only HC with Firefly.
VoC has auto rifle and the exact same stat roll as a million scouts. Only special because Solar.
Black Hammer is Efrideet's Speer with lower ammo count after the nerf.
Found Verdict is amazing but it's really just a super balanced shotty.

None of these things are particularly or significantly extraordinary. Replacing them with easier stuff should be trivial. For PvP they did it in HoW: the best PvP Pulse, Sniper, Shotgun, Machine Gun, Rocket Launcher were all included without much fanfare. Replacing PvE favorites will be similarly easy, specially with more new weapons than 1.0 had to begin with.

This is a big drama over nothing.

Perhaps they should make more than just 3-4 good weapons. Just a thought. That's not a reason to kill those 3-4 good weapons.

Honestly, I can totally accept this if raid gear was not affected. Trials gear too because it is functionally raid gear. All of the other announcements sound promising, it's just this boneheaded gear phase-out plan that I take issue with.

They nerf everything anyways, All my beloved weapons are garbage anyways after the nerf. So I guess it really doesn't matter.

I just feel bad for neglecting my GF for the last year, and sheltering myself from my family to grind and grind..for nothing really.

Im just upset.

You're correct in that everyone will still use the same weapons, but at least there will be a hunt to get the new weapons.

There was no incentive in terms of acquiring gear to much of HoW's content. Besides community, the reason people continue to pour hours and hours into this game is to get loot.

yeah but I think the older content is all getting redone with new remixes and challenge tiers so that it will still be relevant to players wanting to hunt new gear

Omgg im so fucked im already 7 pages behind this thread and havent read any of the other new threads and i wont be able to catch up for a few hours fuckkk. But it seems like TTK will be a MAJOR change.

Here's the part of our regularly scheduled program where I remind people to please refrain from posting "F the devs."

Please criticize and voice your displeasure as much as you want. Try to explain what you don't like and why. Please don't say "fuck you Bungie."

That is all. Thank you.

Lol I love you Drizz. You could be President one day, if you grind enough marks.

My Hopscotch will be worthless?!

;'(

As Ocean reminded me earlier...

Unless there's even more dramatic changes to PvP, your Pilgrim search should go on. Being stuck at 365 attack means it won't be viable for high level PvE content but you weren't gonna use the Pilgrim there anyways. And in Crucible attack stat is irrelevant so your gun will be just as good as it is now.

Can't wait to play this, hype so real.

It's one of those...wait and see things right now.

PuMa

This is bullshit. There is literally no reason to turn this game on until September then. What a waste of time grinding for all my legendary weapons like HP. Disgusting.

Is it all supposed to be relevant forever? What kind of loot-based system works that way?

kiguel182

They nerf everything anyways, All my beloved weapons are garbage anyways after the nerf. So I guess it really doesn't matter.

I just feel bad for neglecting my GF for the last year, and sheltering myself from my family to grind and grind..for nothing really.

Im just upset.

You should feel bad for neglecting your GF and family regardless. It's just a game.

Homeboyd

Yeah but what about adults? Can he revive snipe an adult with a white sniper? I think not!
Put anything in front of him in pvp, and it'll get sniped. He ALMOST pulled out a good sniper on a sweaty round 5... but nope. Stuck with the ol trusty white.

Yes this was in TRIALS.

Umm zero doubt new stuff will be better. Sentimentality aside, HoW Legendaries are better than 99% of the 1.0 gear.

VoC has auto rifle and the exact same stat roll as a million scouts. Only special because Solar.

None of these things are particularly or significantly extraordinary. Replacing them with easier stuff should be trivial. For PvP they did it in HoW: the best PvP Pulse, Sniper, Shotgun, Machine Gun, Rocket Launcher were all included without much fanfare. Replacing PvE favorites will be similarly easy, specially with more new weapons than 1.0 had to begin with.

Why not just remix everything and make a larger pool of viable choices?

Leave the tiered shit to whites, greens and blues... hell make whites, greens and blues interesting too

I don't mind any changes, what I do mind is the drip feed of important info, the post Cosmo made on reddit being a case in point

Just release it all at once in plain English

chur

I just hope they add new difficulty levels to the old raids and hopefully they'll drop the new legendaries/materials.

Lnkn52

[heavy breathing]

Looks like a hot pepper Kappa

red-hot-chili-pepper-isolated-white-background-34443372.jpg

JHall

I swear based on the reactions to leaving old gear behind, some want to use the same 3-4 weapons for the next few years only to be replaced by whatever god weapon surpasses them.

I wanted to use Fatebringer, found verdict/black hammer, gjallahorn combo all the way through my 10 year journey with Destiny. I don't like change, it scares me.

rNilla

I don't mind any changes, what I do mind is the drip feed of important info, the post Cosmo made on reddit being a case in point

Just release it all at once in plain English

This is still Bungie's biggest problem. Communication both inside and outside of the game is generally poor.

GhaleonEB

After some consideration, I'm totally on board with all of the changes. I'd initially resisted the idea of legendaries carrying forward, but given the leveling redesign and the way they will use loot to imbue important new passives, combined with the complete refresh of the perk trees and perks, sure. I'll take it.

It sounds like exotics will continue to carry forward, which is a good middle ground, IMO.

Also, if there was any doubt that Destiny will continue to expand MMO style, rather than get a stand alone sequel, this puts that doubt to rest. Totally rebuilding the leveling system from the ground up; recasting Dinklebot; the quest structure applied to the original campaign content. It's a full reboot to establish a platform for the long term.

NeOak

That is all. Thank you.

It feels like they say "Fuck the players" whenever they can't fix all the crap in the game and give us a bigger vault.

Also, you will hear it again if they bring back "Professor Broman" for their twitch reveals.

I don't mind leaving legendaries behind so long as TTK offers better weapons which I'm sure it will based on the previous Dlc.

I am interested to see if they do anything to make the old raids compelling still now that they will be trivial in terms of difficulty and without meaningful rewards.

That said I will still play for fun but I'm not going to waste time searching for Hypescotch or Black Hammer.

I wanted to use Fatebringer, found verdict/black hammer, gjallahorn combo all the way through my 10 journey with Destiny. I don't like change, it scares me.

its not about that

its about perserving and expanding the catalog of choice

but hey Im not SUPER down about it since they say they made a but load of guns

Frenden

Banned
The reason current legendaries are so precious is the horrendous loot system made them rare as hen's teeth. That's hopefully changing too.

I know what you're saying, but it's not that simple. People form attachment to guns. A Day 1 player who grinded HM Templar x3 since launch and just got Fatebringer last week shouldn't have only a month to enjoy arguably the best legendary in the game.

And what about people like me who never got Black Hammer? Now, I'll never know why it was so good. I'm excited about new content, but I wish there could be a middle ground between nothing and everything getting ascended.

What about super-hard-to-get versions of Etheric Light that can ascend Year 1 legendaries?

Arrrammis

Honestly, I'm just interested to see what happens. People will be pissed no matter what, so Bungie might as well try out changes they think will benefit the game.

PuMa

Everyone saying they've grinded to get gear all for nothing...how many hours have you spent USING said gear? It's not all for nothing. Chill, winston.

CSPdMa6cUqwV2.gif

Top Bottom