• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT27| Nerf Herders

neoism

I guess some people just want to use the same weapons for years? Weird, give me some new ish to go for.

you know some peps would like to at least keep them but bungie had to make the worst fucking shittacular vault system ive ever seen.... if we had say 1000 slots it wouldnt matter as much...
people says as long as you have fun lolol fun and destiny is a thin red line... doing the shame shit over and over and over again just for the small chance of a gun youve wanted for months is why poeple play destiny..its hardly for fun... i do enjoy the shooting gameplay, if i totally didnt i would play... but its hardly a reward inof its self... i want all the time i put in destiny to mean something for me otherwise i should just wait til year nine and pass on being a beta tester that Has to pay for that privilege...

doing this makes no gun special..its only special for a certain time frame...

Deku Tree

I thought it was known that Bungie are introducing new Heavy weapons classes with TTK. That's why they are nerfing the ghorn so you'll actually use their new stuff.

NeOak

Honestly, I'm just interested to see what happens. People will be pissed no matter what, so Bungie might as well try out changes they think will benefit the game.
They implemented a gear reset with TDB because they thought it would benefit the game.

They forgot to think about the benefit to the players.

Don't really care about legendary gear getting phased out so long as we can still unpgrade exotics, the more variety there the better.

Also transmog because I line the look of my legendary gear :(

Bunta

Fujiwara Tofu Shop
I never downloaded house of wolves, and it's begin quite a while since I last played. I feel like I should play some..

Umm zero doubt new stuff will be better. Sentimentality aside, HoW Legendaries are better than 99% of the 1.0 gear.

Fatebringer is only special because it's the only HC with Firefly.
VoC has auto rifle and the exact same stat roll as a million scouts. Only special because Solar.
Black Hammer is Efrideet's Speer with lower ammo count after the nerf.
Found Verdict is amazing but it's really just a super balanced shotty.

None of these things are particularly or significantly extraordinary. Replacing them with easier stuff should be trivial. For PvP they did it in HoW: the best PvP Pulse, Sniper, Shotgun, Machine Gun, Rocket Launcher were all included without much fanfare. Replacing PvE favorites will be similarly easy, specially with more new weapons than 1.0 had to begin with.

This is a big drama over nothing.
I'm glad you can be so confident. It's true they added lots of great PVP weapons, top-tier in their classes. Meanwhile, all of the House of Judgement, Queen's (besides the sniper), and Skolas weapons are worse. Fatebringer and VoG (along with the other raid weapons) still rain supreme in PVE. Maybe they learned their lesson this time, maybe the new weapons and rewards will actually be worthwhile, but I am absutely not taking that on faith.

nOoblet16

I think Fatebringer will be fine even if it doesn't get upgraded, atleast for now.
Remember it was still the best PvE weapon in game even when other weapons were 331 and it was just 300. I think it will be fine atleast until the level upgrade that comes after TTK.

I am for the decision of moving on to newer weapons and don't believe it was "all for nothing" but Bungie does needs to work into replacing these weapons with something adequate, instead of "we made it too powerful so we'll just get rid of it by making it obsolete".

Here's the part of our regularly scheduled program where I remind people to please refrain from posting "F the devs."

Please criticize and voice your displeasure as much as you want. Try to explain what you don't like and why. Please don't say "fuck you Bungie."

That is all. Thank you.

People can say whatever they want. And if "F Bungie" is what you want to say then by all means say it. Nobody is obligated to explain themselves to anyone.

If someone's pissed off then let them vent and get it out of their system, it's normal.

NeOak

I never downloaded house of wolves, and it's begin quite a while since I last played. I feel like I should play some..

Don't bother. You'll waste your time now.

I think Fatebringer will be fine even if it doesn't get upgraded, atleast for now.

Remember it was still the best PvE weapon in game even when other weapons were 331 and it was just 300. I think it will be fine atleast until the level upgrade that comes after TTK.
HCs are getting nerfed hard.

As a former WoW player none of this is terribly surprising or upsetting.

You guys have seen some of the new weapon designs they are making, right? Keep your Fatebringer for nostalgia, but you should be embracing the idea that they will actually make new gear which is more interesting and useful than something from the first raid.

The future of the game would be so intensely dull if they could never create something better than what they did the first time. Isn't a huge complaint about the House of Wolves that none of the endgame weapons are even remotely interesting?

I was pleased that they allowed us to ascend year one weapons with HoW because there were virtually no weapons introduced worth replacing old gear for. With the weapon foundry philosophy and overall overhaul of the loot in the game, I'm ready for whatever it is. Fatebringer is fun and all, but I want to see if Bungie can create something better.

I have faith.

It's a good Dlc, especially if you like PvP. You can see most of it in a day or two. Just don't worry about trying to get sweet gear or hitting the level max since that will change in a bit over a month.

Ophelion

I do feel bad.

I have left work early with a chance of getting caught and fired
I have really neglected my GF
I don't answer the phone from family for days at a time.

Dude, maybe this is a blessing in disguise for you then. Take August off maybe. Take your girl out on the town, see some family, put in some work to earn some brownie points with your boss or whatever and then rejoin us all in September.

Zocano

Wait have people never played a loot game before?

This is standard-fare and how loot progression *should* work.

The other option is to not have loot. The middle ground that we've had so far isn't better than the two sides at all. Every bit of "new" loot that comes out is met with "why do I need this?". Well now there's an actual reason.

Wait have people never played a loot game before?

This is standard-fare and how loot progression *should* work.

The other option is to not have loot. The middle ground that we've had so far isn't better than the two sides at all. Every bit of "new" loot that comes out is met with "why do I need this?". Well now there's an actual reason.
Every three months. Sure it is.

Lnkn52

I just woke up. What did I miss?

tumblr_mstuhpd9F11s4ov53o1_500.gif

Dude, maybe this is a blessing in disguise for you then. Take August off maybe. Take your girl out on the town, see some family, put in some work to earn some brownie points with your boss or whatever and then rejoin us all in September.

I have requested 2 days off in Sept for TKK, of course I will be there, Im just a little hurt at the weapons decision. Im sure it will be fine.

I do feel bad.

I have left work early with a chance of getting caught and fired
I have really neglected my GF
I don't answer the phone from family for days at a time.

I uh... I don't know you man, but regardless of what's happening in Destiny, its probably a good time to step back and reevaluate things.

Its your life of course.

I just started my last nightfall of the week and my buddies had to get off line. Sadly it's my titan, but don't hold that against me. Anyone want to join in on the fun before I wipe like a scrub?

PSN same as gaf.

Zocano

I hope they have guns similar to Fatebringer and VoC since I never got either one of them.

Unless they *really* start branching out of the typical boring ass gun mold they've been using for every type of loot drop since launch, then the odds of that happening are astronomically high.

Until they start messing around with actual unique "guns" that give you more roles than SHOOTHIMINTHEFACE, then we'll keep having guns that are just copy-pastas of each other.

Lunar FC

you know some peps would like to at least keep them but bungie had to make the worst fucking shittacular vault system ive ever seen.... if we had say 1000 slots it wouldnt matter as much...
people says as long as you have fun lolol fun and destiny is a thin red line... doing the shame shit over and over and over again just for the small chance of a gun youve wanted for months is why poeple play destiny..its hardly for fun... i do enjoy the shooting gameplay, if i totally didnt i would play... but its hardly a reward inof its self... i want all the time i put in destiny to mean something for me otherwise i should just wait til year nine and pass on being a beta tester that Has to pay for that privilege...

doing this makes no gun special..its only special for a certain time frame...
Um wow, maybe you should just wait until year 9.

Lee

So, it's Taken King launch day. I load up as a 34 hunter. Do I take off my legendary gear immediately and drop to 20 to start leveling up to 40? Or do I stay a 34 with my legendary gear, levelling up from 20 to 34 in the "background" so to speak as I play, and then I start leveling up from 34 to 40 regardless of what gear I'm wearing?

So strange.

NeOak

Unless they *really* start branching out of the typical boring ass gun mold they've been using for every type of loot drop since launch, then the odds of that happening are astronomically high.
This is one of the reasons I'm pissed about the weapons.

It will be like the old ones, but worse, and look the same.

Until they start messing around with actual unique "guns" that give you more roles than SHOOTHIMINTHEFACE, then we'll keep having guns that are just copy-pastas of each other.

Very true.

coinmaryhelen

Neo Member
Wait till the last day. Pre-ordering makes zero sense, unless you're trying to get a physical version. I'm gonna hit that pre-order button 5 mins before TTK is launched or made ready for pre-load.

Related to this:

I'm really confused about which edition I need. If I am a year one player with DB and HOW and completed the 10 "year one" stuff, what exactly do I need to buy to get everything? Can I preorder this 40$ digital download and buy the 20$ bonus content and walk away with everything? Or would it make more sense to buy something physical with the BBGCU discount?

Blunoise

Have you guys not played MMO's before. Why would I want to use the same guns for 9 more years
Edit: oh crap top of the page.......um my Guardian is better than the whole Master Cheif collection

Top Bottom