• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT27| Nerf Herders

I don't know guys, the raids are still pretty fun. I have a loot thirst but most of my motivation for doing anything in this game has been for fun--especially raids. None of the Vault drops have been necessary to enjoy TDB or House.

Mhm. Any VoG run I've done in the past 6 months or so has been purely for fun. I already have everything I want from it.

It's a good thing BH is getting nerfed in 2.0 now that Bungie has confirmed old legendaries will still have relevance going forward. Wait, what?
i think the nerf will impact end-game activity level players. There will still be people playing/leveling through crota's end and receiving the BH as a reward. they'll use it during the course of their activities and a lvl 30+ player. But once they start hitting TTK activities, the BH won't be the ideal "meta" for that level player.

Nighte

Guess i have to enjoy thorn pvp while it lasts. First run with upgraded thorn and i go up to 3 in kdr. Thats not my skill level :p

Cant wait for the New exp with the info coming out.

Zocano

I personally don't want to be forced to do anything. That just seems kinda dickish if they implemented that.

You're not forced to do end-game content either but it's there. I don't see how this is a problem.

If you want to get to new end-game content, you have to do the older end-game content. It's like doing the previous story missions to do the new ones, I don't see how that's a problem.

By the way my friends have been helping me out, I am confident that I can hit level 34 before the 15th of September. Hopefully I can try out some of these famed legendaries before they're replaced.

lt519

Playing a game for fun?! Nonsense!!! I killed Skolas 10 times last week out of masochism (;

I'm just assuming that maybe in year two there will be a trade for these, stock up while you can, because maybe.... JUST MAYBE.... we will be able to trade them in for something usefull OR there will be another use for them.

I'm guessing you'll be able to trade everything in for glimmer. It'd be interesting if they let you trade in old raid weapons/armor for new gear, buffs, etc instead of just sharding them and then trading in the shards for motes of light.

Be a man and dismatle two of them like I did... way back when I was young and stupid.
;_;

But I don't want to be a man.

noomi

Damn I got a etheric light. That's the worst drop for trials players. I have over 50 of these damn things.

I'm just assuming that maybe in year two there will be a trade for these, stock up while you can, because maybe.... JUST MAYBE.... we will be able to trade them in for something usefull OR there will be another use for them.

PuMa

What I meant is that they need to fix their netcode. They had Standbyers in H2 and dealt with it on Halo 3. What happened?

I didn't play those games. Sooo...what happened?

Mhm. Any VoG run I've done in the past 6 months or so has been purely for fun. I already have everything I want from it.

Exactly. At the end of the day, I play because it's fun. It's not always about the loot drop. Just like why I still have a blast playing Trials. I don't really need anything from it any more. It's just challenging and fun.

todd360

Maybe I can trade them in for boots of eao.

Wahhhhhh ghaleon! Fig is picking on me!

ocean

Banned
People can say whatever they want. And if "F Bungie" is what you want to say then by all means say it. Nobody is obligated to explain themselves to anyone.

If someone's pissed off then let them vent and get it out of their system, it's normal.
If I disagree with your opinion on this, I could quote you and say "fuck you". I wouldn't be obligated to explain myself, but expressing myself in this fashion would loudly state what an asshole I am while at the same time contributing absolutely nothing of worth to the rest of the thread's readers.

If you think telling a person "fuck you" because you don't happen to agree with decisions they make in their professional life, when said decisions merely affect aspects of entertainment they provide you, is an acceptable manner of discourse, I'll resign to assume you're an angsty teenager or a helplessly socially inadequate adult.

macewank

They said that, yeah. But that is just a band aid solution.

What I meant is that they need to fix their netcode. They had Standbyers in H2 and dealt with it on Halo 3. What happened?

What exactly do you propose to solve the problem? It's not as simple as "just fix yer code lulz" You're talking about a major re-factor at a minimum, and probably a complete re-design in reality. Most if not all P2P games suffer from these sorts of issues.

noomi

I'm perfectly fine with older legendary weapons staying behind, but I will not dismantle them, no fucking way.

They are my trophies... digital trophies that I have earned over hours of in-game play time. In the year 2025 I will pull out my Fatebringer in Destiny 4 and everyone will marvel over what a magnificent weapon I am wielding that had been lost to time.

Seriously though, I'm not dismantling shit, and if that means I will have no vault space for new stuff... well then I'll bitch and cry about it every day.

Deku Tree

If I disagree with your opinion on this, I could quote you and say "fuck you". I wouldn't be obligated to explain myself, but expressing myself in this fashion would loudly state what an asshole I am while at the same time contributing absolutely nothing of worth to the rest of the thread's readers.

If you think telling a person "fuck you" because you don't happen to agree with decisions they make in their professional life, when said decisions merely affect aspects of entertainment they provide you, is an acceptable manner of discourse, I'll resign to assume you're an angsty teenager or a helplessly socially inadequate adult.

Think what you want, but Predator is neither of those things... He's a cool guy to play with and he just feels differently about the use of the f-bomb term than you do. That is all.

NeOak

What exactly do you propose to solve the problem? It's not as simple as "just fix yer code lulz" You're talking about a major re-factor at a minimum, and probably a complete re-design in reality. Most if not all P2P games suffer from these sorts of issues.
What part of "they've already done it with Halo 3" you didn't get, smart guy?

every single change is amazing holy shit. I can't wait.

I have every single exotic weapon and almost every single exotic armor (minus TOO stuff)

Just give me new stuff to chase!!

X-Frame

It seems like there is literally no reason to have multiple characters of the same class anymore?

So I have to choose to kill and then remake 2 of my Titans ..

rc213

The reason I'm not too confident in Bungies weapons plan is this. I was chatting with a friend and talked about Skolas. Great new boss encounter that came with HoW. Some people say it's cheap that they just throw you in there under leveled and I agree it's somewhat cheap but I enjoy the counter greatly. What confuses me is that they introduced this boss level but none of the weapons introduced with HoW are something you can point to and say, yea I need that for Skolas.

0 Weapons

So that's why I feel it's going to be cheap if in the end all we end up with is being forced to grind for 2.0 of the classic weapons. They haven't shown anything that tells me that things will change. We'll be back right to where we are now.

I agree that they need to retool VoG/Crota so that drops are relevant after TTK drops. I have every weapon but I still enjoy running those raids with DGaf.

Karl2177

Hopefully they keep the Speaker's material exchange for a short time after 2.0. I would hate for year 1 gear shards to only be worth 50 glimmer + useless mats.

Iceman829

I wonder if Trials will continue in "Year 2" or if it will become more rare like IB.

IB 2 gear was worse than the original IB gear or had the same exact stats. I wouldn't get excited over any major changes to the gear in either mode. When it comes to Destiny just set the bar low and you might come out excited at the end of the day.

E92 M3

It seems like there is literally no reason to have multiple characters of the same class anymore?

So I have to choose to kill and then remake 2 of my Titans ..

Yes, having 3 characters is the definitive way to play Destiny. I deleted two hunters and made 1 of each. Best Destiny decision ever. Couldn't be happier.

Top Bottom