• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT27| Nerf Herders

Nolan North though... Bungie burning Dinklage hard with the re-recording.

I'm glad it looks like the story might be delivered properly. The cut scene with Holiday and Kayde already gives them more character.

Hopscotch Pilgrim is a bad example as its a PVP weapon and should still be fine for the regular crucible. However your point stands for popular PVE weapons.

You're right. But I was thinking about Trials for the most part.

noomi

Firelord?

4k5osaF.png

Vilam

Maxis Redwood
So with this recent news, I should probably stop grinding for a Hopscotch Pilgrim... right? Naaa... normalized weapon damage in Crucible; the grind continues.

I'm mostly mad at myself for spending so much time decking out three guardians for every eventuality.

Also, rip Fatebringer. This world was never meant for one as beautiful as you.

ocean

Banned
If my agreement with someone's way of expressing displeasure makes me a "helplessly socially inadequate adult" then please explain because that statement makes absolutely no sense. You cannot possibly ascertain my character and social skills simply based on a comment I've made.
Look I don't know you and I apologize for any offense you may have taken, but this sort of thing happens way too often and it's an embarrassment to be associated with a community that expresses itself in such insulting and immature ways towards people who are just doing their job as best as they know how.

Shito

As someone who loves filling up useless bars in games, I'm pretty excited to get new level bars to fill up in TTK...
Like, really excited.

Vilam

Maxis Redwood
TIL there are people who would rather keep Dinklebot

edit: not here, on the twitters.

I'd rather keep Dinklebot for the base game content. I've spent way too much time listening to him to not catch some feels at the thought of never hearing those lines again.

Zocano

I'm mostly mad at myself for spending so much time decking out three guardians for every eventuality.

Also, rip Fatebringer. This world was never meant for one as beautiful as you.

Welcome to standard MMOs where every expansion trivializes all prior progress. The whole "just buy Light Level 32 vendor gear" thing is the standardiest of standard ass standard MMO loot progression with each new expansion.

Lnkn52

•progression has been reworked entirely since the game launched. Leveling from 1 to 40 is now based entirely on your own actions.

•A new behind-the-scenes reward system pays attention to the gear and weapons you already have, and not only attempts to avoid giving the same reward multiple times, but targets you for new loot that will be valuable for progression.

•You can carry more bounties at any one time, and turn them in without returning to the bounty giver.

•the Cryptarch more reliably provides rewards that match the engrams you give him.

•Quests provide meaningful story progression, and clearly trackable paths through all the game's content, thereby lessening the grind.

•The Crucible has improved matchmaking, and a mercy rule ends matches early when any given contest is dramatically misbalanced.

•Crucible heavy and special ammo drops and economies have been reworked to be more understandable and useable.

• Weapons have been balanced across the board, with the aim to eliminate the dominance of just a few weapons, and make every weapon type a compelling choice.

• Whether your gauge is number of Crucible maps, exotic weapons, or playable mission, Destiny now has more than twice as much content as the original release. While Taken King introduces the first fully explorable new gameplay area, the new story mission zones, raids, and arena add substantial real estate to uncover.

Player UI/UX
Intelligence, Discipline, and Strength abilities now have numbered tiers to strive toward. Tiers are digital thresholds that you cross to reduce the cool down on your core three powers. Instead of a percentage, we want to tell you the time in secnds that your ability is going to come back in.

Music
Newly composed music was made for the early story missions.

Gear (Ghost Shell Hype!)
Weapons, armor, class items, and even your Ghost shell all offer perk customization as well as increased power and light for your hero.

Gunsmith and Armsday
•The Gunsmith has his own reputation meter.

•You can test weapons by borrowing them.

• Hit a certain reputation level and he will open Armsday purchase. You can pay glimmer once a week to order a new legendary weapon. W/ random sets of perks.

NeOak

No actually. It's the calling people "smart guy" and now "mom" that I was referring to. Not mature. Have you popped in here from the Gaming side?
Been here since the Beta OT.

Also,

1. That wasn't at you, internet white knight.
2. He didn't read what I said.
3. He hasn't said anything else. You have. And he can reply himself.

But hey, if your want to continue being the self appointed defender, send me a PM instead.

Still wonder how this will work.
Will we all start again from level 1?
I wonder how exactly it will work too. Like wIll you be assigned a new 'base level' based on the highest light gear you own? /shrug

I doubt it will be a full reset just going off the quote from the GI article.

GameInformer said:
In my hands-on time, my existing level 34 guardians transitioned seamlessly into the new system, and leveling during subsequent story missions was smooth and engaging.

•progression has been reworked entirely since the game launched. Leveling from 1 to 40 is now based entirely on your own actions.

•A new behind-the-scenes reward system pays attention to the gear and weapons you already have, and not only attempts to avoid giving the same reward multiple times, but targets you for new loot that will be valuable for progression.

•You can carry more bounties at any one time, and turn them in without returning to the bounty giver.

•the Cryptarch more reliably provides rewards that match the engrams you give him/

•Quests provide meaningful story progression, and clearly trackable paths through all the game's content, thereby lessening the grind.

•The Crucible has improved matchmaking, and a mercy rule ends matches early when any given contest is dramatically misbalanced.

this almost sounds to good to be true

Shito

I wonder how exactly it will work too. Like wIll you be assigned a new 'base level' based on the highest light gear you own? /shrug

I doubt it will be a full reset just going off the quote from the GI article.
Hmmm, maybe you will start from your current light level...

Just had a thought, that small clip of the arc warlock on Blind Watch probably isn't horde mode or anything else we don't already know. We know from an earlier trailer that the three locations for finding the subclasses are Venus (Hunter), Mars (Warlock), and Mercury (Titan). What's probably going to happen is that we have a separated mission from the world like in Shadow Thief and we'll find the subclass there and then be given a brief tutorial in the form of a mission, such as fighting off the Vex that attack you soon after acquiring the subclass.

Top Bottom