• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT27| Nerf Herders

3 Nightfalls -Monte Carlo, Peregrine Greaves and Armamentarium. Where's my fucking Bones

Does anyone have a HM Crota or DS checkpoint, I need to get my weekly disappointment at not getting The Crux out of the way

Lee

I would really love them to get rid of reforging though. I think it has ruined a lot of PvP because everyone looks for the same roll using the same guides online so I am killed by nearly the exact same shotgun every single time. It's boring to the extent that I love being killed by something out of the ordinary.

100% with you on this. I've avoided reforging for the most part. Spending all of your motes, money, and weapon parts in the most boring way possible just so you can have the slightly broken shotgun that everyone else uses is my least favorite thing I've done in Destiny.

neoism

If I disagree with your opinion on this, I could quote you and say "fuck you". I wouldn't be obligated to explain myself, but expressing myself in this fashion would loudly state what an asshole I am while at the same time contributing absolutely nothing of worth to the rest of the thread's readers.

If you think telling a person "fuck you" because you don't happen to agree with decisions they make in their professional life, when said decisions merely affect aspects of entertainment they provide you, is an acceptable manner of discourse, I'll resign to assume you're an angsty teenager or a helplessly socially inadequate adult.

bungie's a person .... lol

Zocano

Didn't hear about the scrapping of the light system.

Honestly that's just weird. There was nothing "wrong" with the light system. It just made certain aspects of MMO loot progression incredibly obvious and made people realize that you actually need the loot to be able to do the content. Now it'll just be obfuscated like every other MMO and people won't realize it for.... reasons?

I guess you could say we're getting two NOLANd buffs ;)

tumblr_inline_ns25aaD7lG1qb6vwz_500.gif

DNAbro

Apparently the digital version of the Game Informer magazine is live. Anybody got a subscription and can give us more details?

Skele7on

Banned
We now have a constant system for levelling that won't change every five minutes.
Yes gear will still have stat rolls which will be more important as the way they level and what they level is going to change slightly.

What is nice is it becomes a constant and we'll no longer have such a nightmare that was the continually changing economy
and Bungie having to consistently upon every expansion have to make a loop hole/change to how weapons/armour ranked
then implement a way to then make the older upgrade materials become something more useful.

you're better than this

Am I?

At least I hope we can update the exotics. I doubt they have created 20+ exotic weapons, not to mention the exotic armor
This is a potential deal breaker for me. Let me find new legendary gear sure, I'll probably find something similar. But exotics? There's a lot of fun pieces of exotics and making them obsolete would suck. I doubt that's the case though if we already know they're retuning a lot if exotic weapons.

ocean

Banned
Think what you want, but Predator is neither of those things... He's a cool guy to play with and he just feels differently about the use of the f-bomb term than you do. That is all.
I don't know who Predator is, but it's not a "bomb", it's an insult. Directed towards people who happen to read this forum.

Insulting people over petty changes in their entertainment is not acceptable behavior between educated adults, regardless of how "cool to play with" someone is.

Ophelion

Vex? On Blind Watch? Wut

It'd be cool if there was a multiplayer mode with alien forces as a third faction, a little bit like how Titanfall works where you can earn a few points for you team killing vex or fallen around the map, but the lion's share of your points still come from taking out guardians on the other team.

Vilam

Maxis Redwood
I'm perfectly fine with older legendary weapons staying behind, but I will not dismantle them, no fucking way.

They are my trophies... digital trophies that I have earned over hours of in-game play time. In the year 2025 I will pull out my Fatebringer in Destiny 4 and everyone will marvel over what a magnificent weapon I am wielding that had been lost to time.

Seriously though, I'm not dismantling shit, and if that means I will have no vault space for new stuff... well then I'll bitch and cry about it every day.

I couldn't agree more. No fucking way will I dismantle my old weapons. At bare minimum I'm keeping full sets of raid weapons/gear, the full Trials set, and every single exotic. That alone already has me squeezed for space, and doesn't account for a number of other favorites.

If the choice comes down to dismantling that stuff or not getting new stuff, then I won't get the new stuff until they resolve the storage issue. You can't make a loot game then ask me to get rid of my loot... my time investment needs to mean something, even if that's just that a few years from now I can pull out my badass year one gun and have a fun time tooling around with it in its now weakened state.

Interesting. Definitely not dismantling anything until it's time.

I'm glad they're getting rid of light levels. They're just silly!

OT 27: Dying Light

If I disagree with your opinion on this, I could quote you and say "fuck you". I wouldn't be obligated to explain myself, but expressing myself in this fashion would loudly state what an asshole I am while at the same time contributing absolutely nothing of worth to the rest of the thread's readers.

If you think telling a person "fuck you" because you don't happen to agree with decisions they make in their professional life, when said decisions merely affect aspects of entertainment they provide you, is an acceptable manner of discourse, I'll resign to assume you're an angsty teenager or a helplessly socially inadequate adult.

If my agreement with someone's way of expressing displeasure makes me a "helplessly socially inadequate adult" then please explain because that statement makes absolutely no sense. You cannot possibly ascertain my character and social skills simply based on a comment I've made.

Shito

goddammit. lol I NEED TO WAKE UP EARLY
Found it!
It was not a tweet, but a reddit post:

I would hold off on dismantling anything just yet. We have a lot of information to share. As soon as the away team gets back from gamescom we will let you know our plan for a series of Twitch shows to answer all of the questions you have about the transition into year two with The Taken King. It's happening.

lt519

So should I just stop playing Destiny until TTK? I just got back into the game a few weeks ago and I'm level 26 now.

Keep playing if you are having fun, go for the year 1 triumph. There's probably a lot of good content you haven't experienced.

Hm.

So that new heavy wepaon, the sword like thing, do you think that's the Titan exclusive weapon?

They did mention class weapons this time around..

Just finished my Nightfalls, still the gjallarhorn and hawkmoon elude me. One day they'll drop, right?

You're not forced to do end-game content either but it's there. I don't see how this is a problem.

If you want to get to new end-game content, you have to do the older end-game content. It's like doing the previous story missions to do the new ones, I don't see how that's a problem.

I could agree if the end game content was linked together with a coherent story which benefited from a linear play through of the raids.

Blunoise

You see that people! The Warlock is in front of the Fireteam ready to take the Taken Kings soul because we are fearless and the Master race of all.

But yea that game informer cover art is great

phen0m24

I don't know guys, the raids are still pretty fun. I have a loot thirst but most of my motivation for doing anything in this game has been for fun--especially raids. None of the Vault drops have been necessary to enjoy TDB or House.

Me X and GK doing PoE with him on painkillers wasn't as epic as our Crota HM. Haha

neoism

So should I just stop playing Destiny until TTK? I just got back into the game a few weeks ago and I'm level 26 now.

yes... but if your having soo much fun you just cant stand it by all means... play other stuff..until TTK or at least until the 1st...smfh such a terrible fucking date for the patch it should be this month if not the 15th of August

ich00

I have faith.

My only problem is that the newer legendary elemental primaries since Destiny first came out havent been bested. The way I play the game now, those are the ones I care most about.

Cozmo has a GAF account. And this is his first post from the other thread. If you can see this post then welcome to GAF Cozmo!

Finally. Let's not ruin this opportunity guys, let's make him feel welcomed.

Someone tell him it's safer over here, gaming side can be a little scary.

Edit: gah, top of the page and I'm at work, gonna have to find something good on limited internet!

Edit2: just cause this always makes me laugh:

vMn3g5.gif

Top Bottom