• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT27| Nerf Herders

Frenden

Banned
Heh, Lik. I'm holding on to everything until we know more. Even if there's no upgrade path, there are a few legendaries I plan to keep (OG Jolders, Prudence II, my perfect Benevolence roll, Fatebringer, etc.).

Not available in my country. Goddamn Google.

GhaleonEB

•progression has been reworked entirely since the game launched. Leveling from 1 to 40 is now based entirely on your own actions.

•A new behind-the-scenes reward system pays attention to the gear and weapons you already have, and not only attempts to avoid giving the same reward multiple times, but targets you for new loot that will be valuable for progression.

•You can carry more bounties at any one time, and turn them in without returning to the bounty giver.

•the Cryptarch more reliably provides rewards that match the engrams you give him.

•Quests provide meaningful story progression, and clearly trackable paths through all the game's content, thereby lessening the grind.

•The Crucible has improved matchmaking, and a mercy rule ends matches early when any given contest is dramatically misbalanced.

•Crucible heavy and special ammo drops and economies have been reworked to be more understandable and useable.

• Weapons have been balanced across the board, with the aim to eliminate the dominance of just a few weapons, and make every weapon type a compelling choice.

• Whether your gauge is number of Crucible maps, exotic weapons, or playable mission, Destiny now has more than twice as much content as the original release. While Taken King introduces the first fully explorable new gameplay area, the new story mission zones, raids, and arena add substantial real estate to uncover.

Player UI/UX
Intelligence, Discipline, and Strength abilities now have numbered tiers to strive toward. Tiers are digital thresholds that you cross to reduce the cool down on your core three powers. Instead of a percentage, we want to tell you the time in secnds that your ability is going to come back in.
Please cross post this into the Game Informer thread on the Gaming side.

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1089939

kiguel182

Everything I hear from TTK sounds like a step in the right direction.

It's all about execution and quality of their content now. Can't wait. Don't drop the ball on this Bungie!

LiK

Everything I hear from TTK sounds like a step in the right direction.

It's all about execution and quality of their content now. Can't wait. Don't drop the ball on this Bungie!

Bungie: "wait wait, people are liking this update too much. Need to add another update to nerf everything."

P44

I originally hated the idea of weapons not going from year to year, but as long as exotics do...

fuck it

let's do it

also, cheers Inapplicable.

Namikaze1

Dammit. Forgot to add the year(s) to that final pic. Fuck it. Was too busy looking for footage of the Guardian Awakening scene when I did that image.

Just started skimming the GI article.

They saw over a dozen new exotic weapons and roughly 6 new exotics per class.

Specifics mentioned are an AR that shoots chain lightning. Looks like the feedback fence as a gun. Awesome.

A sniper that blinds on precision shots.

The arc stranger rifle is Called No Time to Explain and returns ammo on precision hits.

Signature perks don't need to be unlocked

GI Screen

You might want to edit out that "scan." I believe it's bannable.

Skele7on

Banned
INFO OVERLOAD. Everyone just buy the magazine. It's great for your Destiny Collection.

I've got all the scans so fire away any questions, just don't believe in stealing all the info they probably paid a bunch for.

LOL people posting @thelegendblues pics already I'm on skype with him now may have given him those scans....

I've got all the scans so fire away any questions, just don't believe in stealing all the info they probably paid a bunch for.

LOL people posting @thelegendblues pics already I'm on skype with him now may have given him those scans....

Hit me up with that pm link of the scans :) /jk

My physical copy won't be coming until sometime :(. I might make the plunge of buying the copy when I get back home

flkraven

So I'm guessing that 'light' will be entirely eliminated as a stat, and all our gear will have light removed from it? So we all shrink back to level 20 once the patch hits?

Top Bottom