• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT27| Nerf Herders

P44

Running nightfalls, no mic because I'm mid moving house just got to get the important things done...

join on PXLIV

kiguel182

Calling the upgraded Stranger's Rifle "No Time To Explain" is genius. That in and out of itself deserves my 40 euros.

Also, do you guys think they'll ever address the Stranger and continue that story in the future?

New Taken Enemy Abilities

Captains have a solar shield. Throw blinding orbs.
Knights have AoE scorch.
Centurions fire tracking shots that track around corners.
Wizards summon thralls.
Psions split in two.
Vandals have a bubble shield they can shoot out of.
Phalanxes have an AoE that push you backwards.
Thrall can teleport.

LunaticPuma

dresses business casual
Calling the upgraded Stranger's Rifle "No Time To Explain" is genius. That in and out of itself deserves my 40 euros.

Also, do you guys think they'll ever address the Stranger and continue that story in the future?

The Stranger was the only thing that brought the main quest line together. I can't see how they don't continue using the Stranger.

X-Frame

I just need to know now if there will be a Barbershop in the Tower to change my guardian's appearance (and gender!).

My Titan main is a female Awoken and I'd rather have a male Exo, but I would loose all that vendor reputation on my main Titan. Grrrr.

Gear (Ghost Shell Hype!)
Weapons, armor, class items, and even your Ghost shell all offer perk customization as well as increased power and light for your hero.

Figure as much. After the E3 footage I noticed the Ghost was now on the main page under the heavy weapon.

darknil

Wow, everything sounds really good.

So, what should be done on Destiny after this information is now on the open? Is the grind still necessary?

It's so ambiguous they could take that plot line almost anywhere. My bet is on yes.

Deku Tree

•progression has been reworked entirely since the game launched. Leveling from 1 to 40 is now based entirely on your own actions.

•A new behind-the-scenes reward system pays attention to the gear and weapons you already have, and not only attempts to avoid giving the same reward multiple times, but targets you for new loot that will be valuable for progression.

•You can carry more bounties at any one time, and turn them in without returning to the bounty giver.

•the Cryptarch more reliably provides rewards that match the engrams you give him.

•Quests provide meaningful story progression, and clearly trackable paths through all the game's content, thereby lessening the grind.

•The Crucible has improved matchmaking, and a mercy rule ends matches early when any given contest is dramatically misbalanced.

•Crucible heavy and special ammo drops and economies have been reworked to be more understandable and useable.

• Weapons have been balanced across the board, with the aim to eliminate the dominance of just a few weapons, and make every weapon type a compelling choice.

• Whether your gauge is number of Crucible maps, exotic weapons, or playable mission, Destiny now has more than twice as much content as the original release. While Taken King introduces the first fully explorable new gameplay area, the new story mission zones, raids, and arena add substantial real estate to uncover.

Player UI/UX
Intelligence, Discipline, and Strength abilities now have numbered tiers to strive toward. Tiers are digital thresholds that you cross to reduce the cool down on your core three powers. Instead of a percentage, we want to tell you the time in secnds that your ability is going to come back in.

Music
Newly composed music was made for the early story missions.

Gear (Ghost Shell Hype!)
Weapons, armor, class items, and even your Ghost shell all offer perk customization as well as increased power and light for your hero.

Gunsmith and Armsday
•The Gunsmith has his own reputation meter.

•You can test weapons by borrowing them.

• Hit a certain reputation level and he will open Armsday purchase. You can pay glimmer once a week to order a new legendary weapon. W/ random sets of perks.

Does GI really say RaidS as in more than one?

bungie's a person .... lol
corporations_are_people_too_by_biotwist-d4hnskt.jpg

Thank you, bought it with google space bucks.

•A new behind-the-scenes reward system pays attention to the gear and weapons you already have, and not only attempts to avoid giving the same reward multiple times, but targets you for new loot that will be valuable for progression
Then I will get a Gjallarhorn and a Hawkmoon one day??

ocean

Banned
Cozmo:

I would hold off on dismantling anything just yet. We have a lot of information to share. As soon as the away team gets back from gamescom we will let you know our plan for a series of Twitch shows to answer all of the questions you have about the transition into year two with The Taken King. It's happening.

DNAbro

It's still bizarre to me that people were so insanely hung up on the Light system, or that this change is the thing that makes them want to come back.

The best details about the expansion are actually buried in the Game Informer print article:

-- gain weapon upgrade materials by dismantling old weapons (sounds like an enchanting/jewel-slotting type system, or maybe just the replacement of Ascendent Energy)
--No more class based armor materials (Hadronic Essence, Plasteel Plating, etc). There will be one armor material that can be used by all classes
--Special vendor that lets you pick up any shader or emblem you have already acquired on your account (no more wasting vault space on shaders). Further vault/storage solutions on the way
--Green/white weapons will be more powerful than your current legendaries
--Details about Exotic Weapons -- auto rifle that shoots chain lightning, sniper rifle that blinds enemies on a headshot, pulse rifle that reloads magazine when you land precision shots, fusion rifle that counts as a heavy weapon and acts as a portable rail gun
--Exotic items now have their "defining perk" immediately unlocked (eg You can do a blinding bubble as soon as you acquire Helm of Saint 14, no need to level it up)
--Crucible will have questlines that introduce you to Shaxx and the various faction leaders

from another thread

Special vendor that allows you to pick up any emblem or shader you have acquired sounds amazing.

ALSO PORTABLE RAIL GUN. IN LOVE

kiguel182

The Stranger was the only thing that brought the main quest line together. I can't see how they don't continue using the Stranger.

I hope they do but they seem to kinda ignore vanilla story in the two DLCs and this expansion is focused on something totally different so it could go either way.

Maybe next's years expansion/Destiny 2 will go back to that.

It's so ambiguous they could take that plot line almost anywhere. My bet is on yes.

That's why I'm so curious about it. It could go in a different number ways so they can use it to tell a great story.

EDIT: Hopefully with skippable cutscenes for when we are replaying them later.

"You can pay glimmer once a week to order a new legendary weapon. W/ random sets of perks."

Yuck. Get this 'everything is random' shit out of here. I hope the best weapons in the game have static perks. So sick of same-y garbage which is all we get with randomized perks.

The Gunsmith will have rep.

You'll borrow weapons from him and complete gun specific bounties.
This will allow you to buy special legendaries on Armsday (Wednesday) with randomized perks..

This is how you get the foundry weapons shown.

Today is a good day for games getting changes.

Like, between this and League of Legends changing my favorite champion(MORDEKAISER CAN HAVE A PET DRAGON NOW), it is a good day

Blunoise

The Gunsmith will have rep.

You'll borrow weapons from him and complete gun specific bounties.
This will allow you to buy special legendaries on Armsday (Wednesday) with randomized perks..

This is how you get the foundry weapons shown.
My GoD a new day to be excited for each week

E92 M3

Tomorrow is supposed to be even more info. Bungie is showing too much of their hand!

I'm just a baby when it comes to spoilers lol.

todd360

Oh no. I'm getting too hyped! I can't wait to raid every week with my raid team again! Its been so long.

Ah, so now we have the bladedancer version of a thrall, with blink and arc claws, those ark, lightswitch nighfalls are gonna be something else.

Lol even Billy can blink now. Get reked titans.

Top Bottom