• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT27| Nerf Herders

•progression has been reworked entirely since the game launched. Leveling from 1 to 40 is now based entirely on your own actions.

•A new behind-the-scenes reward system pays attention to the gear and weapons you already have, and not only attempts to avoid giving the same reward multiple times, but targets you for new loot that will be valuable for progression.

•You can carry more bounties at any one time, and turn them in without returning to the bounty giver.

•the Cryptarch more reliably provides rewards that match the engrams you give him.

•Quests provide meaningful story progression, and clearly trackable paths through all the game's content, thereby lessening the grind.

•The Crucible has improved matchmaking, and a mercy rule ends matches early when any given contest is dramatically misbalanced.

•Crucible heavy and special ammo drops and economies have been reworked to be more understandable and useable.

• Weapons have been balanced across the board, with the aim to eliminate the dominance of just a few weapons, and make every weapon type a compelling choice.

• Whether your gauge is number of Crucible maps, exotic weapons, or playable mission, Destiny now has more than twice as much content as the original release. While Taken King introduces the first fully explorable new gameplay area, the new story mission zones, raids, and arena add substantial real estate to uncover.

Player UI/UX
Intelligence, Discipline, and Strength abilities now have numbered tiers to strive toward. Tiers are digital thresholds that you cross to reduce the cool down on your core three powers. Instead of a percentage, we want to tell you the time in secnds that your ability is going to come back in.

Music
Newly composed music was made for the early story missions.

Gear (Ghost Shell Hype!)
Weapons, armor, class items, and even your Ghost shell all offer perk customization as well as increased power and light for your hero.

Gunsmith and Armsday
•The Gunsmith has his own reputation meter.

•You can test weapons by borrowing them.

• Hit a certain reputation level and he will open Armsday purchase. You can pay glimmer once a week to order a new legendary weapon. W/ random sets of perks.

Holy cow

There is info spread out everywhere. Is ANYONE compiling this in ONE easy place in an organized fashion so that I can share with my friends?

Even REDDIT is failing to get most of this stuff up

E92 M3

I wish I was in middle school when TTK came out. Damn adult life will not allow playing nonstop. There will be so much to do.

DNAbro

someone posted this on reddit, not sure if true but please let it be

EDIT: Woah guys, amazing stuff. What's awesome is the new exotic Pulse Rifle, "No Time to Explain," which is an exotic version of the Stranger's Rifle. It comes with Black Hammer's pre-nerf perk. And now, the screenshots

dat name

CLldsWYUcAAFEHP.png

giphy.gif

image.php

Lnkn52

Holy cow

There is info spread out everywhere. Is ANYONE compiling this in ONE easy place in an organized fashion so that I can share with my friends?

I've stopped since there is so much info. Plus it's only $5.

FinKL

Lots of great quality of life changes here, but this gets me even more excited after reading all of this info already.
As mentioned. Today = Teaser.. Tomorrow = Madness. I'll be covering it ALL
from @TheLegendBlue

rip everyone hard earned gear......

smh

no reason to play until sep 15th now.

I don't care about the gear. I'm cool with starting over persay, but knowing what I now know why spend time doing anything in game at this point? Etheric Light, Light levels, legendary gear/weapons will all be obsolete in little over a month. So I can see why some would want to put the game down for a few weeks.

I'm just gonna be playing PvP. Gonna log on today after work and start sharding gear/weps I don't use in PvP. I'll keep FB for the memories.

Namikaze1

The new exotic shown in the issue is a fusion rifle that takes up your heavy slot. It's like a rail cannon. It's dedicated to a quest line. It's called Sleeper Simulant.

shamanick

These changes seem amazing, after being pretty disappointed with HoW content (although a lot of the changes were good), I am very excited for September 15. I've already booked the 16th off :)

Namikaze1

You can pledge to factions? Is this confirmed?

I think they're taking out reforging
You have to pledge allegiance to a faction to gain reputation. You no longer have to wear their class items for rep. You can if you want but it's for those who don't like their looks. You can only pledge yourself to one at a time.

A_Gorilla

Banned
He was very polarizing. I didn't mind him though...

His lackluster performance wasn't his fault. 99% of the time its not the actors fault, its the directors for giving shit direction.

Unless they got a new Voice Director for Nolan I don't see the VAs getting any better...

LiK

You have to pledge allegiance to a faction to gain reputation. You no longer have to wear their class items for rep. You can if you want but it's for those who don't like their looks. You can only pledge yourself to one at a time.

so I can finally wear other class items!

His lackluster performance wasn't his fault. 99% of the time its not the actors fault, its the directors for giving shit direction.

Unless they got a new Voice Director for Nolan I don't see the VAs getting any better...

Marty's gone.

and Paul McCartney with him.

lt519

Some more goodness

Crucible:
-ToO bounties
-Week long Crucible bounties (with a 6th for completing the first 5 and a big reward, legendary/exotic)
-Eight new PvP maps
-Zone Control (control without kills for points)
-Rift (steal the bacon game type)
-Playstation exclusive map has platforms in center to create jumping gun battles
-Vex map with a one-way teleporter (hah)

Lnkn52

reddit already screenshot all of the magazine. Those internet savy Warlock Wizards should have no issue finding it.

Some more goodness

Crucible:
-ToO bounties
-Week long Crucible bounties (with a 6th for completing the first 5 and a big reward, legendary/exotic)
-Eight new PvP maps
-Zone Control (control without kills for points)
-Rift (steal the bacon game type)
-Playstation exclusive map has platforms in center to create jumping gun battles
Yooooo, more objective modes!!!

ocean

Banned

I think the script was a bigger problem than the VA. I think he was given a terrible dialogue and it would've sounded strange no matter how he did. I mean here's the pitch: you're gonna play a super futuristic space robot which floats around opening doors and reviving your newfound master. Got it? This takes place a few centuries from now, when we have access to incredible technology but also lost all traces of civilization. Now get into character and read this:

"That Wizard came from the Moon!"

The problem wasn't Dinklage :p

Holy cow

Oh Lord!!

All of that sounds incredible! Why can't they release the patch now!!!

Top Bottom