• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT27| Nerf Herders

Namikaze1

- auto rifle that shoots blast of chain lightning
- a sniper that blinds nearby enemies on precision hit
- Pulse Rifle called No Time To Explain
-exotics come with an intrinsic perk upon acquisition
- many are tied to involved quest lines
- one such quest line has you explore the Dreadnaught and looking for hidden pieces sorta like Dead Ghost Hunting.
-Sleeper Simulant, a fusion rifle that takes up heavy slot. Quest Line exotic.

darthbob

I think the script was a bigger problem than the VA. I think he was given a terrible dialogue and it would've sounded strange no matter how he did. I mean here's the pitch: you're gonna play a super futuristic space robot which floats around opening doors and reviving your newfound master. Got it? This takes place a few centuries from now, when we have access to incredible technology but also lost all traces of civilization. Now get into character and read this:

"That Wizard came from the Moon!"

The problem wasn't Dinklage :p

"You can type this shit, but you can't say it." - Han Solo

lt519

Or you could just buy it...

I bought it, it's actually well written, and more hype than reading a list. The guy has a lot of enthusiasm for the game and an understanding of why the updates are important.

Edit: that moved fast, reposting

Crucible:
-ToO bounties
-Week long Crucible bounties (with a 6th for completing the first 5 and a big reward, legendary/exotic)
-Eight new PvP maps
-Zone Control (control without kills for points)
-Rift (steal the bacon game type)
-Playstation exclusive map has platforms in center to create jumping gun battles
-Vex map with a one-way teleporter (hah)

Deku Tree

It's still bizarre to me that people were so insanely hung up on the Light system, or that this change is the thing that makes them want to come back.

The best details about the expansion are actually buried in the Game Informer print article:

-- gain weapon upgrade materials by dismantling old weapons (sounds like an enchanting/jewel-slotting type system, or maybe just the replacement of Ascendent Energy)
--No more class based armor materials (Hadronic Essence, Plasteel Plating, etc). There will be one armor material that can be used by all classes
--Special vendor that lets you pick up any shader or emblem you have already acquired on your account (no more wasting vault space on shaders). Further vault/storage solutions on the way
--Green/white weapons will be more powerful than your current legendaries
--Details about Exotic Weapons -- auto rifle that shoots chain lightning, sniper rifle that blinds enemies on a headshot, pulse rifle that reloads magazine when you land precision shots, fusion rifle that counts as a heavy weapon and acts as a portable rail gun
--Exotic items now have their "defining perk" immediately unlocked (eg You can do a blinding bubble as soon as you acquire Helm of Saint 14, no need to level it up)
--Crucible will have questlines that introduce you to Shaxx and the various faction leaders

Posted in the other thread.

Ryck

image.jpg

I think this is finally the last straw for me... 1300 hours and 300 raid completions and this is the type of shit ive been seeing for almost a year now.

#forevernohorn

Fuck this game

ocean

Banned
Thorn should have a quest line which removes the Void kill requirement and asks that you teabag opponents instead, since even once nerfed it will be the asshole of weapons.

X-Frame

- one such quest line has you explore the Dreadnaught and looking for hidden pieces sorta like Dead Ghost Hunting.

Everything I'm reading today is absolute hype.

No Time To Explain could not be more perfect either, that is gold. Well done Bungie.

But my Fatebringer!

GhaleonEB

Bungie is just killing it with these weapon names. :lol

This hype train is of the super sonic variety. Goddamn.

X-Frame

I just read that the Crucible and Vanguard marks are being combined into one Legendary marks.

Wowwwwww.

Seriously this is Destiny 2.

Anything about vendor reputation? Is it still per character or possibly now account-based like Diablo 3?

ocean

Banned
Sorry guys I can't do the train thing, I have no image skills :(

If someone feels like making a TTK hype train please add me! Do your Photoshop space magic someone.

image.jpg

I think this is finally the last straw for me... 1300 hours and 300 raid completions and this is the type of shit ive been seeing for almost a year now.

#forevernohorn

Fuck this game

Wow, I feel gutted too. Hawkmoon and Gjallarhorn both in the same nightfall. You're at least not alone. I've played since Beta and take some solace knowing there are others out there.

we should update that train with one of these:

bacon_destiny003.jpg

That would be beautiful.

LiK

Bungie is just killing it with these weapon names. :lol

This hype train is of the super sonic variety. Goddamn.

one thing they always did right were the gun names. even the blue guns had some great names. too bad no one really used them, lol

Destiny is finally the game everyone wanted it ti be. But remember gaf. We were here first, us day oners who remember the good times

the dark ages

Namikaze1

Putting the info behind spoilers for those on a blackout
-Sunbreakers Titans are considered a rogue mercenary clan
-you head to Venus for the first step in tracking their whereabouts
-second mission in Mercury. No spoilers in the issue on this.
-one mission includes you fighting a large number of Vex with your super regenerating in seconds. Basically gives you a chance to test out your new abilities.
-for Hunters, it involves tracking down a lone wolf hunter who has gone missing
-warlocks involve a shamanistic ritual in which Ikora indoctrinates you into the power of the storm

ocean

Banned
From Reddit, so hype I'm dead:

Ghost Ship map is a low-grav map in the Reef. Exile is a Hive Prison map on the dreadnought. Memento in the EU dead zone, highly vertical. sector 618, frontier, bannerfall, and crossroads (shown off at E3) also mentioned. Sector 618 is a PS exclusive. -Crucible quests. -crucible bounties redone. No more salvage bounties when salvage isn’t playable that day. 2 bounties dedicated to featured crucible playlist. Each class has their own crucible bounty every day to encourage playing all 3. -one iron banner-styled bounty (in terms of difficulty) shows up as well. 3 Trials of Osiris bounties. -weekly crucible bounties. Complete 5 to obtain a 6th which rewards legendary or exotic weapons. -SKIILL BASED MATCHMAKING

Zoba come back and share the hype with us

reddit already screenshot all of the magazine. Those internet savy Warlock Wizards should have no issue finding it.

Yea. . I can't buy it right now and I have a physical sub so I went to that link. Nice high res images but people should pay if they can. Can't wait to read this later on.

Kamina

Golden Boy
Welp, was running a newbie through Nightfall when my R2 button broke during the bossfight.
We still managed though :)

LiK

Putting the info behind spoilers for those on a blackout
-Sunbreakers Titans are considered a rogue mercenary clan
-you head to Venus for the first step in tracking their whereabouts
-second mission in Mercury. No spoilers in the issue on this.
-one mission includes you fighting a large number of Vex with your super regenerating in seconds. Basically gives you a chance to test out your new abilities.
-for Hunters, it involves tracking down a lone wolf hunter who has gone missing
-warlocks involve a shamanistic ritual in which Ikora indoctrinates you into the power of the storm

hopefully they're just not 3 short missions each

Top Bottom