• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT27| Nerf Herders

Arrrammis

Welp, time to close this thread for myself. Even with the spoiler tagging, stuff will still slip through. See you all on the 15th!

ocean

Banned
No hype, can't play

Crap how long is the ban for? Sucks that Sony support doesn't respond more quickly to refund situations. There's a low-gravity map Zoba. Imagine the mid-air knife throwing fuckery you can get done over there :p

Why is more and more info being released. . . Will all of the knwn info be put onto the first page of the thread?

P. S is all this part of the taken king and it's patch?

ethomaz

Banned
The classic:

RlyF5ZH.jpg
Please put my back in this train.

I don't care about the gear. I'm cool with starting over persay, but knowing what I now know why spend time doing anything in game at this point? Etheric Light, Light levels, legendary gear/weapons will all be obsolete in little over a month. So I can see why some would want to put the game down for a few weeks.

I'm just gonna be playing PvP. Gonna log on today after work and start sharding gear/weps I don't use in PvP. I'll keep FB for the memories.

Cozmo said not to dismantle just yet. Wait for more info.

E92 M3

I bet all of the secrets of Hive Ship will be revealed by reddit within one week. I can't even imagine the jealous I'll feel when someone gets a super exotic early. I remember the Vex Mythoclast days.

Granted, I got it within a week of hype, it was still long.

Putting the info behind spoilers for those on a blackout
-Sunbreakers Titans are considered a rogue mercenary clan
-you head to Venus for the first step in tracking their whereabouts
-second mission in Mercury. No spoilers in the issue on this.
-one mission includes you fighting a large number of Vex with your super regenerating in seconds. Basically gives you a chance to test out your new abilities.
-for Hunters, it involves tracking down a lone wolf hunter who has gone missing
-warlocks involve a shamanistic ritual in which Ikora indoctrinates you into the power of the storm

Where was this info find? Is it in GI? Wow they are giving out big story plots

DNAbro

Why is more and more info being released. . . Will all of the knwn info be put onto the first page of the thread?

P. S is all this part of the taken king and it's patch?

it's all coming from game informer. I'm reading through it right now for details people missed. And yes it all comes in the patch with TTK.

LiK

all these changes make me feel even less inclined to play more before TTK comes out. I just wanna play the new shit instead.

SeanR1221

I'm definitely not dismantling anything but I'm also not re rolling or using any light on my weapons.

I love the renting weapons idea. Gets rid of the "you can't sit with us" problem.

New crucible game type called zone control. Killing doesn't award points, just holding and keeping zones. (YEEEES)

Always seemed odd that this never existed beforehand. Although this will definitely highlight the problems with control point placement.

Haybro

I can't believe how much is changing in TTK. It's so overwhelming, and I love it.

Just requested the 15th and 16th off work.

Definity

all these changes make me feel even less inclined to play more before TTK comes out. I just wanna play the new shit instead.
Yeah. Think I will play the nightfall this week x3 and then hit my backlog of games until release.

Kyoufu

TTK changes and additions sound great. Even more excited for it now!

That Exotic Fusion Rifle Heavy Railgun thingy sounds fun.

Shito

I can't believe how much is changing in TTK. It's so overwhelming, and I love it.

Just requested the 15th and 16th off work.
Still didn't take holidays at all this year; I will probably take two weeks when TTK releases.
This topic will be madness. :)

GhaleonEB

This makes the first two expansions look like intern work.

The teams were both much smaller and had less time. This is what most of Bungie has been up to. Next year's DLC model will likely not be what this year's was.

This is the first time in a while I've felt literally overwhelmed with details for a game. I'm really quite floored with how much Bungie is upending with TTK.

Crap how long is the ban for? Sucks that Sony support doesn't respond more quickly to refund situations. There's a low-gravity map Zoba. Imagine the mid-air knife throwing fuckery you can get done over there :p

Until I throw money at Sony to open it.

I start school that Tuesday anyway so i wont have time to play.

Also, I don't have fond memories of low gravity from Halo Reach...

Namikaze1

Again, I'm putting this behind spoilers:
- story missions are spread across a core campaign, subclass focused events, exotic quests, and additional tasks that open up later
- eight lengthy story missions frame the opening arc of the narrative, tracking your Guardian's infiltration of the Dreadnaught and assault against Oryx
-one sequence include a vertigo inducing platforming sequence in the Cosmodrome
-another moment is you fleeing a horde of Taken in underground passages of the moon
-you'll come across a marauding group of cabal and their crashed ship as you infiltrate the Dreadnaught
-raid is called King's Fall
-new post story missions
- many around an event called the Taken War.
-difficulty is ramped up for these
-one such mission takes you into the Vault
-you'll learn more about Praedyth.

DNAbro

Now this is interesting,
it says that after the main story arc is complete, you tackle more difficult/harder missions under an event called The Taken War; one of the missions (this is a pretty legit spoiler)
is called Unsealed Paradox where you go into the Vault of Glass and get some answers of the fate of Preadyth

Trakan

I really like all the changes I'm reading about but it feels like there really are different teams at Bungie working on things and they don't communicate at all. Why introduce things like etheric light, reforging, etc just to remove them all in a few months?

I really like all the changes I'm reading about but it feels like there really are different teams at Bungie working on things and they don't communicate at all. Why introduce things like etheric light, reforging, etc just to remove them all in a few months?

this is all speculation but things were changed close to release. obviously.. I think it was catch up.

Top Bottom