• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT27| Nerf Herders

ocean

Banned
Until I throw money at Sony to open it.

I start school that Tuesday anyway so i wont have time to play.

Also, I don't have fond memories of low gravity from Halo Reach...

That's ridiculous of them. Hope you sort that out and good luck with school man.

todd360

Again, I'm putting this behind spoilers:
- story missions are spread across a core campaign, subclass focused events, exotic quests, and additional tasks that open up later
- eight lengthy story missions frame the opening arc of the narrative, tracking your Guardian's infiltration of the Dreadnaught and assault against Oryx
-one sequence include a vertigo inducing platforming sequence in the Cosmodrome
-another moment is you fleeing a horde of Taken in underground passages of the moon
-you'll come across a marauding group of cabal and their crashed ship as you infiltrate the Dreadnaught
-raid is called King's Fall
-new post story missions
- many around an event called the Taken War.
-difficulty is ramped up for these
-one such mission takes you into the Vault
-you'll learn more about Praedyth.

c9ShDUL.gif

WHAT!!!! THOSE LAST TWO!!! THAT WHOLE LIST!!!! GHASFOH:G NRSWZHdjmhg,cih

GhaleonEB

I wonder why Bungie is revealing everything about the content. Leave some surprises.
They're mostly talking about systems, not content. They're not showing the raid, or story missions, or strikes, or patrols, or new public events. I'm sure they're preview some of those things, but the Dreadnaught is designed with exploration in mind - they will keep most of it under wraps until the game is out.

Now this is interesting,
it says that after the main story arc is complete, you tackle more difficult/harder missions under an event called The Taken War; one of the missions (this is a pretty legit spoiler)
is called Unsealed Paradox where you go into the Vault of Glass and get some answers of the fate of Preadyth

Are you reading this in the online article or are people leaking more info?

E92 M3

it's refreshing. tired of them holding back info

Well, there needs to be a fine balance.

They're mostly talking about systems, not content. They're not showing the raid, or story missions, or strikes, or patrols, or new public events. I'm sure they're preview some of those things, but the Dreadnaught is designed with exploration in mind - they will keep most of it under wraps until the game is out.

I see a lot of posts about end game content, missions, introductions and other small details. I don't much of the end game should be talked about.

Gah so hyped. Can't deal. Wake me up when September begins.

I'm honestly strangely exited to use white weapons again. Gimme the 400 damage hiercon lr5 lol.

Namikaze1

They really want you to take your time exploring the hell out of the Dreadnaught. I won't say no more on this.

Bungie, you guys already know I'll be spending hours in that shit looking for everything.

LiK

Well, there needs to be a fine balance.

I see a lot of posts about end game content, missions, introductions and other small details. I don't much of the end game should be talked about.

I don't mind knowing everything. I play for PVP so all the stuff we learn for PVE is fine with me.

Namikaze1

Are you reading this in the online article or are people leaking more info?
It's all in the issue. Heck, it's where I got the story and endgame info below from. Still reading the issue.

- story missions are spread across a core campaign, subclass focused events, exotic quests, and additional tasks that open up later
- eight lengthy story missions frame the opening arc of the narrative, tracking your Guardian's infiltration of the Dreadnaught and assault against Oryx
-another moment is you fleeing a horde of Taken in underground passages of the moon
-you'll come across a marauding group of cabal and their crashed ship as you infiltrate the Dreadnaught
-new post story missions

I'm confused. I have all the dlc but the only way to get to level 4 is to get etheric lights or things like that. . . Why are people saying not to bother wasting this?

Will story mode taken king rewards give us Gear that can get us up to 40 without needing to use etheric lights and stuff?

In future will Gear come with enough level to level you up without needing these Special components?

-new post story missions

I'm done. T A K E N B O Y Z

SeanR1221

The teams were both much smaller and had less time. This is what most of Bungie has been up to. Next year's DLC model will likely not be what this year's was.

This is the first time in a while I've felt literally overwhelmed with details for a game. I'm really quite floored with how much Bungie is upending with TTK.

Well you've Been saying you were told to wait and see. Bungie definitely brought it.

rNilla

I'm confused. I have all the dlc but the only way to get to level 4 is to get etheric lights or things like that. . . Why are people saying not to bother wasting this?

Will story mode taken king rewards give us Gear that can get us up to 40 without needing to use etheric lights and stuff?

In future will Gear come with enough level to level you up without needing these Special components?

Based on the Game Informer article it sounds like most (all?) gear from TTK will be better than your Year 1 gear. Even new whites and blues that are better than Year 1 purps.

Did Bungie get the stick out of their ass on buying faction shaders and ships, or is it still firmly placed there? If we can buy all those in the new expansion i'll finally jump in and get my pre order.

Who am I kidding. I'm just waiting for my next credit card billing cycle to begin so I can preorder it.....dammit ; ;

Edit: Just watched that gameinformer video where that guy said his guardian is way cooler than MC....that guy is cray.

I really like the idea of gaining faction rep without having to wear the class item.

Finally I can wear what I want and still not get Revenant.

hydruxo

The teams were both much smaller and had less time. This is what most of Bungie has been up to. Next year's DLC model will likely not be what this year's was.

This is the first time in a while I've felt literally overwhelmed with details for a game. I'm really quite floored with how much Bungie is upending with TTK.

I seriously have a headache right now trying to take in all these new details. It's great.

Top Bottom