• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT27| Nerf Herders

LTWood12

bring your Vita with you and get good wifi service.

That goes without saying!

I'll actually have my PS4 w/ me, but will be forced to play endless games of NBA2K15 w/ my bro-in-law. I'll be able to get on a bit at least late at night.

Again, I'm putting this behind spoilers:
- story missions are spread across a core campaign, subclass focused events, exotic quests, and additional tasks that open up later
- eight lengthy story missions frame the opening arc of the narrative, tracking your Guardian's infiltration of the Dreadnaught and assault against Oryx
-one sequence include a vertigo inducing platforming sequence in the Cosmodrome
-another moment is you fleeing a horde of Taken in underground passages of the moon
-you'll come across a marauding group of cabal and their crashed ship as you infiltrate the Dreadnaught
-raid is called King's Fall
-new post story missions
- many around an event called the Taken War.
-difficulty is ramped up for these
-one such mission takes you into the Vault
-you'll learn more about Praedyth.

My god, they aint screwing around with this one

ocean

Banned
New Strike spoilers:

here are four new strikes: Fallen Saber (on Earth; you’ll fight against a super-powered Shank); Shield Brothers (on the Dreadnaught; you’ll take out two Cabal leaders); Sunless Cell (hunt down a Hive Darkblade who rebelled against Oryx); and Echo Chamber (this is the PlayStation-exclusive one; it’s yet another Vex mind). Three old strikes are also getting remixed: Dust Palace, Undying Mind, and Cerberus Vae.
These new strikes have “raid-light” mechanics, Bungie says; in other words, you won’t just be killing waves of enemies, thank god. And since the developers are well aware of how repetitive strikes are, they’re triggering these new and revised strikes to change up enemies and even narrations on replays, which could be either really great or really irritating. No in-between.

OK I'm getting caught up on everything and have saved my thoughts until I got all the information out there first before coming to any conclusion. With what I've heard so far, I'm pretty excited.

This especially:
--No more class based armor materials (Hadronic Essence, Plasteel Plating, etc). There will be one armor material that can be used by all classes
--Special vendor that lets you pick up any shader or emblem you have already acquired on your account (no more wasting vault space on shaders). Further vault/storage solutions on the way

2 very important things that can easily get under the radar.

I do like Dinklebot especially "guardian down" but Nolan north is cool, too.

I hope there will be lots of awesome new weapons! They're definitely getting there with customizable everything pretty much, perk driven class items, etc.

I'm hyped for all the new stuff.

Going to gamestop to buy this issue after work for sure. I need to read it all!

Korosenai

Well, a lot of people play for both and personally PVE is just as important.

They're not really spoiling anything at all though. I don't think the name of the raid is a spoiler in itself, its' just the name of it. You still have no idea what happens in it or how it ends... that would be a spoiler.

Namikaze1

-new strikes have "raid-light" (their word not mine) mechanics to keep things mentally engaging
- more enemies to match the increased firepower of high level guardians
-strike encounters alter enemy configurations on subsequent playthroughs between two or three potential fights
-can even face different enemy species
-Bungie has recorded multiple version of narrations

Spoilers ahead:
-new strike called Fallen Saber
-takes you back to Earth in response to a distress call from Rasputin
-takes you deep into the Seraph Vault
-you've seen the strike boss already, it's the big ass shank in the vidoc
- The Shield Brother Strike takes you to the Dreadnaught
-two cabal leaders aim to blow the Dreadnaught up with you on board (I say let them while we run out)
-one has a devastating melee attack
-the other uses a mortar cannon strapped to back
- you fight both at the same time
-The Sunless Cell is a Hive Strike
-you hunt down the Hive Darkblade named Alak-Hul
- he was imprisoned in a dark chamber for rebelling against Oryx
-Echo Chamber is the Playstation exclusive strike
-you head to Venus and hunt down the Restoractive Mind
-it seeks to revive the Nexus Mind we destroyed in the Nexus strike
-completely shielded.
-Only able to harm it after using a specific item to take down its shield
-regularly need to cover in order to dodge a devastating gaze attack

Monster Zero

Special vendor that lets you pick up any shader or emblem you have already acquired on your account (no more wasting vault space on shaders). Further vault/storage solutions on the way

No more hording Achilles shaders for me

todd360

This just in. Shank burn is being upgraded to Shank Extinction. Perk now allows you to vaporize shanks by looking at them.

todd360

zCVJI1Y.jpg

I'm ready to read!

I used to pay $80 a year for an MMO sub. It's about the same price as Destiny at this point, and TTK might finally make the content worth it.

Indeed. Hopefully the hype of TTK is worth it though. I feel like we were this way about HoW, and that was deflated pretty fast imo.

They're not really spoiling anything at all though. I don't think the name of the raid is a spoiler in itself, its' just the name of it. You still have no idea what happens in it or how it ends... that would be a spoiler.

It ends with trance getting no loot and homeboyd getting all the good stuff!!

Namikaze1

The strike info was the last bit of info in the issue. Gonna re-read later on.

Honestly, if I hadn't preordered already, I would have done so right now. I am loving everything I read.

Honestly, if I hadn't preordered already, I would have done so right now. I am loving everything I read.

I agree! so glad I picked up the collectors edition from GS. *hugs future strange coin replica*

LiK

Is it time for me to reveal I have the physical CE preordered already? :3

It's kind of baffling how much of a 180 they are doing. I mean to put it bluntly, they had no idea what they were doing during Year 1. It's painfully obvious with all these amazing changes.

DNAbro

My god if they do all this for their first real expansion, I absolutely can't wait to see what Destiny 2 will end up being like.

There is no longer any excuse for calling Destiny a cash grab. The number of hours of enjoyment we're getting for less than $200 is amazing, especially considering you can spend way more than that on micro transactions in games like Little Big Planet.

Gammacide

Just got my 2nd horn from a NF!! This plus all the amazing news has me way more hyped than I was this morning! This expansion can't come soon enough!!!
EDIT: Hahaha! Thanks Meta!!

neoism

read the GI article...pretty good 8 PVP is surprising...

does anyone know if DLC 1 is required to play TTK??????

Top Bottom