• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT27| Nerf Herders

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
Are we going to get a full review of your thoughts on the changes so far?
probably not :p
But Hawkian, they're giving you an exotic fusion rifle equipped in the heavy slot!
ultimately that's all that matters! the class mat unification is a godsend too.
I think this expansion shows there's no need for Destiny 2. They can revamp and improve the game using 40 dollar annual expansions and it works.

No need to discard the foundation that it's there now. Bungie is better off building on top of it than starting over next year.

Next expansion just needs to be next-gen only and that's it.
Yikes, no way.

sleep-stimulant-exotic.png

Hot damm

neoism

Yes it is. To buy the $40 upgrade you need to own everything already. Or if you don't own some DLCs then you can pay $60 and get everything included.

:/

So for $40 I get all the crazy amount of shit in TTK.. not to mention if you was smart and didnt get anything you get all the PVP maps for the other two plus the 8 with TTK so 15 maps.. for $40

and for fucking half that value $20 I get one Raid and and three missions and one strike...in dlc 1

SMFH....
makes sense...

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
I'm probably the only one that thinks this, but they should have left out year 1 exotics from being upgrade-able to new attack levels. This would have fixed the issues of old guns(e.g. thorn, partyhorn) by simply phasing them out. I expect to see it happen either when the next main version of Destiny comes around, or when the next DLC comes out. There were only a handful of exotics used by the community anyway, so I'm sure year 2 exotics will fall into the same pattern. There will be a decent amount of them, but people will only use 3-4 most of the time.
You might not be the only one, but I will be pretty upset if I can't use Hawkmoon until Destiny 2 comes out.

Looks like they've also addressed the Grimoire conundrum with fully voiced and even acted interactions triggered in the game world that expand the lore.

YOU GUYS

I think this expansion shows there's no need for Destiny 2. They can revamp and improve the game using 40 dollar annual expansions and it works.

No need to discard the foundation that it's there now. Bungie is better off building on top of it than starting over next year.

As long as the graphics get a refresh, I'm down with that.

kiguel182

probably not :p

ultimately that's all that matters! the class mat unification is a godsend too.

Yikes, no way.

Why not?

This quite literally is Destiny 2.0.

Yup, it's a huge revamping of the game but based on the great foundation we already have. The name is irrelevant since they are willing to do more than just add content to the game.

Destiny 2 makes as much sense as a WoW 2 did 10 years ago.

No reason they couldn't. If they go next-gen only with the new expansion they could improve on some features that were there because of last-gen limitations. It would be great.

Yeah. I don't know how coding or whatever works for upgrading graphics. Guess it would be the same way there done all these remasters. Clearly it's last gen holding it back.

Honestly I'd rather just pay 60 bucks for a new game, so I hope this wouldn't be the case.

WOW

As an alternative to using or sharding your new higher powered legendary weapons and armor, you can also improve an item you like by sacrificing another piece from the same gear slot

IS THIS REALLY REAL FUCKING LIFE HOLY SHITTTTTTT

Lee

Quotes are cool, just no page scans.

As I explore, occasional objects in the world offer a chance for a deeper narrative. "You're going to hear these cool little audio pips, and it indicates something is scannable nearby," Smith says. "The Ghost becomes the opt-in purveyor of lore. He's going to tell you about a weird worm, or a creepy statue, and maybe it's going to lead to some interaction between him and another character, like Cayde or Eris." My first scan is of a dead Cabal soldier, and my Ghost relays additional detail on the creature's military regiment.

kiguel182

Honestly I'd rather just pay 60 bucks for a new game, so I hope this wouldn't be the case.

Let's wait and see.

Personally I like what I have now and would rather they build on top of it since it's an excellent foundation instead of doing a new game. Doing this more like WoW and less like COD.

We'll find out next year. This year we'll have TTK to enjoy so no worries now.

WWWWHHHAAAAATTTTT

THE MECHANIC EXTENDS TO EXOTICS AS WELL, allowing players to power up exotic weapons and armor that might have a lower attack or defense value

Wouldn't be at ALL surprised if this is why Bungie doesn't want you to shard that stuff just yet. You maybe can't upgrade it, but you can use it to make your Fatebringer 2.0 or whatever more boss.

GhaleonEB

Ding.

Nighte

As I explore, occasional objects in the world offer a chance for a deeper narrative. "You're going to hear these cool little audio pips, and it indicates something is scannable nearby," Smith says. "The Ghost becomes the opt-in purveyor of lore. He's going to tell you about a weird worm, or a creepy statue, and maybe it's going to lead to some interaction between him and another character, like Cayde or Eris." My first scan is of a dead Cabal soldier, and my Ghost relays additional detail on the creature's military regiment.

So metroid prime style story logs from scanning basically? Could be nice

Kyoufu

WWWWHHHAAAAATTTTT

Wouldn't be at ALL surprised if this is why Bungie doesn't want you to shard that stuff just yet. You maybe can't upgrade it, but you can use it to make your Fatebringer 2.0 or whatever more boss.

If I'm understanding that correctly, it means you can sacrifice weapons you don't want to level up your underleveled Exotics. Wonder how much XP you get for that.

Nuszka

Just came from work and reading through - holy moly. Seems like Destiny might be the ONLY game i will play until Dark Souls 3, depending how Fallout 4 will turn out. Ok, back to reading...

Guys I'm getting too hyped for the taken king.

I think they're listening to all our complaints and making the game better than we have ever dreamt.

GhaleonEB

I look forward to people who have not played since launch complaining post-release that Destiny does not have enough content.

TTK is enormous. Now we know what most of Bungie has been up to.

Top Bottom