• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT27| Nerf Herders

Mindlog

I wonder if they wanted Dinklage back for new dialogue but he said "fuck you" so then Bungie said "no, fuck you! and just decided to replace him entirely.
I think it went something like, 'Shit we need to record a lot of new dialog, but charging more than $40 for DLC is going to hit a nerve. What do we do? ... Nolan North? Done."

Mass Effect solved the problem by using real VA for main characters and famous VA for the side stuff. With that method their main VA was put to work on a lot of side projects while recording mainline stuff. Mark Meer was used for Volusseseisisisisi and Vorcha to great effect.

Arrrammis

Man, I saw all this news and got hyped, then logged in to Destiny. No burn for the nightfall, no combined arms? I don't know what I'm gonna do this week.

They seriously need to have combined arms be permanent or add those maps back in to the regular playlists, because missing out on an additional 3 maps is just annoying to me. Especially because those three maps are the only ones (Shore of Time is borderline) where range matters on weapons, e.g. you can feel the difference using a SR compared to an HC and you won't be out-sniped by Thorn every time.

Ramirez

lmao they are totally incomparable. this conversation is surreal!

No one is comparing their systems or anything. I'm just saying, just like an MMO, Bungie isn't going to throw all of these spaces away anytime soon. It will keep growing and expanding, and the 360/PS3 will eventually stop getting the updates.

I just think you guys are setting yourself up if you think there's a game coming that's trashing everything we have now in favor of new assets and such. They'll just keep expanding and probably reworking current spaces to fit the narrative theme.

For example, them adding a new area on Earth, "Old Chicago" or whatever for example doesn't mean they have to scrap the current stuff. It'll just become another selectable location like the Dreadnaught. This isn't WoW, but like WoW, I think those old zones will always be there, for the foreseeable future at least.

someday

Banned
First nightfall with one other person. We both comment on how we don't have Gjallys yet. At the end, we both end up getting them! I'm so damned happy! Mercury this weekend and a Gjally on Tuesday. Whooo hoooo!

Besides the raid, I think I'm most looking forward to the subclass missions. Will hopefully get some Jaren Ward/Dredgen Yor lore out of the Gunslinger subclass. :3

First nightfall with one other person. We both comment on how we don't have Gjallys yet. At the end, we both end up getting them! I'm so damned happy! Mercury this weekend and a Gjally on Tuesday. Whooo hoooo!
Hey me and my Nightfall guy had a similar conversation.

We got a legendary engram, No Land Beyond, and the Spine of Ahamkara...

:/

Deku Tree

I hope they don't lock any specific exotics behind PvP stuff. I'm ok with them granting you a random exotic chance for doing all the weekly PvP bounties but I don't play PvP at all and I don't want to be locked out of certain exotics.

A_Gorilla

Banned
I hope they don't lock any specific exotics behind PvP stuff. I'm ok with them granting you a random exotic chance for doing all the weekly PvP bounties but I don't play PvP at all and I don't want to be locked out of certain exotics.

Pretty sure Fate of All Fools will be ToO locked.

Carn82

Crucible quest lines are coming, as are new Crucible bounty types. Trials of Osiris will get its own set of bounties, and you’ll be able to play through an array of weekly Crucible bounties that eventually lead you to exotic-caliber rewards.

does look like it.

someday

Banned
Hey me and my Nightfall guy had a similar conversation.

We got a legendary engram, No Land Beyond, and the Spine of Ahamkara...

:/
Yeah, I mention the lack of Gjally in every Destiny activity where exotics drop hoping it will help. I've seen them drop for others, then watched bitterly when that person "finds" an exotic shard soon after since they already have plenty of horns. I'm just glad that we both got it instead of just one of us. I would have hated him (a little) if I had to watch someone else get the drop again while I got legendary boots from an engram..

I'm new to Destiny and so far I suck ass at PvP. Why don't you play PvP.

deafmedal

Meh.

That's all I have to say about that. /gump voice

Fuck me, why can't I be excited for this bullshit? Oh wow! We are getting what probably should have been the game to begin with! *throws money at screen*

I dunno, something about it just rubs me the wrong way.

Anyone want a free NF completion? Helping friends with boss on a character that's already done it, so I am going to leave in a minute with the boss at very low health.

X-Frame

I'm curious why Bungie felt they should keep the same Ghost lines as Dinklebot when they had this opportunity to re-voice the Ghost.

Wouldn't completely new dialogue been a good idea here?

Klyka

Banned
I'm curious why Bungie felt they should keep the same Ghost lines as Dinklebot when they had this opportunity to re-voice the Ghost.

They said they re-recorded his dialogue but it says nowhere that they didn't tweak it. We'll see.

What I love is that they are seamlessly integrating the Dark Below and House of Wolves missions into the "story flow" so to speak via the quest system they are introducing.
For example, when you do the little "Sword of Crota" mission on the moon, from there on you will be put on the quest line to eventually end up killing Crota in Crota's End.
It'll show you which missions to do,make you talk to Eris Morn, etc... and you'll go through a nice little guided Dark Below experience.

It's very VERY cool they do this.

Arrrammis

They should redo everything except for "That wizard came from the moon!"

Klyka

Banned
They should redo everything except for "That wizard came from the moon!"

You mean a line that was never found in the actual game?

All year 1 gear and weapons are dead on Sept 15?! Noooooooo!!!!

*salutes Ice Breaker*

All Non-Exotics.

IceBreaker is fine. Bungie will not get rid of the Exotics cause they are the truly unique items in the game that have very special properties.

X-Frame

They said they re-recorded his dialogue but it says nowhere that they didn't tweak it. We'll see.

This is from this Game Informer article

"Not only does Nolan North play Ghost in the new content in The Taken King, but Bungie also had North re-record all of the original dialogue to create a consistent storytelling experience from beginning to end. “We wanted Nolan North’s version of the Ghost to wake you up at the start of the journey at level one and follow you all the way to level forty,” says creative director Luke Smith. With this change, the Ghost’s script will remain the same, but Peter Dinklage’s voicing of those lines will not be present in the game."

Klyka

Banned
This is from this Game Informer article

"Not only does Nolan North play Ghost in the new content in The Taken King, but Bungie also had North re-record all of the original dialogue to create a consistent storytelling experience from beginning to end. “We wanted Nolan North’s version of the Ghost to wake you up at the start of the journey at level one and follow you all the way to level forty,” says creative director Luke Smith. With this change, the Ghost’s script will remain the same, but Peter Dinklage’s voicing of those lines will not be present in the game."

Ah ok,did not see that!

noomi

I can't even keep up guys, there's game informer info and kotaku info, and all these posts here lol.

I have some catching up to do

Renta

Banned
I'm doing the nightfall if anyone wants in before I solo it. On Devil Walker.

PSN: RentALine

Just add and join if interested

When Tiger Knee goes wrong

uj3vdNi.gif

maomaoIYP

I honestly hope they aren't gonna pull a "recollect every piece of weapon you've already gotten, because they now have a 460 damage cap" BS again.

void666

Banned
My 3x nightfalls were so bad i lost the will to do anything.
I'm really excited about TTK. But i don't feel like playing destiny right now.

Top Bottom