• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT27| Nerf Herders

Deku Tree

my guess is that a lot of Destiny runs on an unified back end, and that a lot pieces of code are handling data that can be coming from a X360 but a PS4 as well. At a certain point, the code that is running server-side is the same, regardless of platform. I remember reading that it's 'technically possible' for X1 and PS4 players to play together, but other forces do not allow that.

Anyway, getting into the inventory is already a painful experience on last-gen consoles; I doubt adding stuff will make it better.

Playing Destiny on last gen is painful period. I have it on PS3 and you can forget about loading up a raid or a PoE, so slow... Such a bad frame rate.

Virdix

Do we know how the level 40 cap will work? Are we going to start at level 20 or will we start at what light level our characters were at?

X-Frame

Is VoG and CE effectively going to be "pointless" to play come TTK because all the weapons and gear will be sub-optimal?

Seems like Bungie would want to do something to still make those 2 raids relevant -- besides for fun of course.

Is VoG and CE effectively going to be "pointless" to play come TTK because all the weapons and gear will be sub-optimal?

Seems like Bungie would want to do something to still make those 2 raids relevant -- besides for fun of course.

Exotics should still be relevant, though most people will have them by now. I expect a bunch of people to try to get a crux to upgrade to necrochasm

Gammacide

Would be such a shame to leave something as amazing as VoG in the pasture of nostalgia. I really hope they do something with it to keep it relevant.

Carn82

Would be such a shame to leave something as amazing as VoG in the pasture of nostalgia. I really hope they do something with it to keep it relevant.

They could add new difficulty levels, or pull a crux of crota thing; items that youll need to get specific new legendaries. They already said that we should wait sharding our current stuff, and that some new weapons/gear might need some current weapons/gear

Mindlog

Sending you a FR, still looking to get a third!
Thanks for the help. Sorry it took so long a bit buzzed. Probably should have mentioned that beforehand :D

My Warlock is ready to flip all factions. Just about Taken King ready. Good day to get here considering the positive news released today.
Normally I do all 3 at a time, but have to take a break. Also waiting to see if my regular crew is down for runs tomorrow. We could have a spot then.

So...favor time: My 10 year old has been playing a lot of Destiny this summer and has been itching to get into the harder stuff - NF, Raids, etc. He has a lvl 33 warlock that's decently equipped (Bad Juju, Suros, Hawkmoon) and he takes the game seriously. He also just watched me (psn GuerrillaGrodd) run it twice so he knows the good spots for each encounter.

His PSN is DealWithItFool99 if anyone has an open slot.

Hew PM PrivateWHudson.

He has offspring that may be in the zone you're looking for. ;)

Sure do!

I'll have them put "pwh offspring" in the friend request so you know it's not some random sending a request.

MrDaravon

Thanks for the help. Sorry it took so long a bit buzzed. Probably should have mentioned that beforehand :D

My Warlock is ready to flip all factions. Just about Taken King ready. Good day to get here considering the positive news released today.
Normally I do all 3 at a time, but have to take a break. Also waiting to see if my regular crew is down for runs tomorrow. We could have a spot then.

Just saw this sorry. Thanks for the help! My Warlock had the worst gear for that run :(. I also can't believe I got another goddamn Universal Remote, I've had 6 or 7 exotic weapons drop total for me, 2 of them were Patience & Time's and 2 of them have been Universal Remotes :(.

Need two more NF's, anyone running right now?

CLlB3v3VAAAkSzj.png:large

That sure looks like a sword.

Spyder and Haybro, thanks for the quick and painless NF. Sorry couldn't use mic as my son was sleeping next to me and didn't want to take the chance to wake him.

jschreier

Monthly heroic raids is my guess.

D

Doge

Unconfirmed Member
Doing like 6 damage per shot? I find that hard to believe. Maybe in vanilla crucible.

Yes, I used a white sniper in trials. It was a Hieracon LR2, it crits for 289 on head. Yes it can't punish, but you can kill people with a white sniper in trials. Punishing in trials for the most part is a bad thing to do. I try to avoid having to do that in the first place.

Top Bottom