• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT27| Nerf Herders

noomi

So they're going to address vault space right? I mean Cozmo hinted at it on reddit, Luke Smith in the GI article.... Something is bound to happen before TTK releases....

Please please please.

SnakeEyes

Banned
As much as I enjoyed the last year with Dinklebot, I'm glad that since they're introducing Drakebot they're getting him to rerecord all of the old dialogue and using him from the start of the game too.

Can't wait to see how RNG treats me this week.

My exotic weapons in order of being dropped so far:

TLW (started off fantastic!)
Universal Remote #1
No Land Beyond
Patience & Time #1
Ice Breaker #1
Patience & Time #2
Patience & Time #3
Patience & Time #4
Ice Breaker #2

I have no idea what the odds of getting 4x & 3 in a row but yea.. I guess it's not different than getting a Dragon's Breath hahaha

If I get 1 more P&T or the future P&T, ice breaker, in any of this week's activities, I will cry. On Xbox live kinect stream.

Wow so here's the update after 3x nightfalls on xb:

TLW (started off fantastic!)
Universal Remote #1
No Land Beyond
Patience & Time #1
Ice Breaker #1
Patience & Time #2
Patience & Time #3
Patience & Time #4
Ice Breaker #2
Universal Remote (nightfall #2 today)
Universal Remote (nightfall #3 today)

This is just insane. I started off with a crappy scout legendary (one to one synth) from the 1st NF, then 2 UR back to back -_-

My last 6 exotic drops were all dupes. How can I get so many dupes in a row when I have barely anything hahaha I so can't wait for 2.0 :p

Carn82

So they're going to address vault space right? I mean Cozmo hinted at it on reddit, Luke Smith in the GI article.... Something is bound to happen before TTK releases....

Please please please.

No new vault space yet. Says Luke Smith to GI: “We’re still bumping into a technical limitation for vault space. We are exploring options for getting stuff out of players’ inventories via these kiosks that we’ve placed around the tower, but we’re still working toward a solution that we’re excited about.”

I guess that vault space will be the same, but that they're are actively searching for options to get stuff out of your vault.

Nuszka

Please please please.

http://planetdestiny.com/20-reasons-taken-king/ They mentioned about a device in the tower that allows to access all previously acquired shaders and emblems , it's a good summary as well. Really need to go to sleep now but the mind is buzzing.

I guess that vault space will be the same, but that they're are actively searching for options to get stuff out of your vault.
I feel like this is vault issue is such a weird oversight by Bungie. Like did you not count how many weapons, armor, and items you were making in comparison to the vault space?

noomi

http://planetdestiny.com/20-reasons-taken-king/ They mentioned about a device in the tower that allows to access all previously acquired shaders and emblems , it's a good summary as well. Really need to go to sleep now but the mind is buzzing.

Damnit, I really need them to do something about this. I just can't get rid of my weapons :(

Carn82

“All of the original mission have been reorganized, contextualized, and placed within a larger quest framework. Even older subclasses…have dedicated quest lins that explain their use and place with the world.”

I do hope the 'year 1 veterans' can play all that :v

NastyBook

When Tiger Knee goes wrong

uj3vdNi.gif
Lightswitch vs Brawler = Double K.O.!
Damnit, I really need them to do something about this. I just can't get rid of my weapons :(
Same here. They need to put a legacy marker on the Y1 items or something.

nowai

Just finished reading the GI article and I am properly hyped.

The new quality of life changes regarding shaders/emblems, quests etc. Ditching vanguad and crucible marks for one unified currency. No more class mats! Again, one unfied currency. Upgrading new gear with your old gear like Kanai's Cube in Diablo 3.

Armsday sounds great. Tues/reset, Wed/Armsday, Fri/Xur,Trials.The new pvp bounties sound fantastic.

I want that new exotic sniper rifle that blinds on critical!

Overall, I am super excited and good on Bungie. I just wish the weapon balancing patch came out now so we could enjoy our current gear in Trials before it becomes obsolete.

Carn82

I feel like this is vault issue is such a weird oversight by Bungie. Like did you not count how many weapons, armor, and items you were making in comparison to the vault space?

well, I do think that moving emblems/shaders out of the vault would be a great start. They should add ships to that list tho, and class items if possible. Personally, I wouldnt mind if Bungie halved the armor space and added that to the weapon space; combined with the emblems/shaders moving out it would be a massive improvement

nowai

well, I do think that moving emblems/shaders out of the vault would be a great start. They should add ships to that list tho, and class items if possible. Personally, I wouldnt mind if Bungie halved the armor space and added that to the weapon space; combined with the emblems/shaders moving out it would be a massive improvement

They should just make three distinct vaults. There are three kiosks in the Tower. Make one for armor, weapons, items etc.

Or just make the vault one big open bin and let me fill the whole thing up with spinmetal if i cared to.

hew9753

So...favor time: My son has been playing a lot of Destiny this summer and has been itching to get into the harder stuff - NF, Raids, etc. He has a lvl 33 warlock that's decently equipped (Bad Juju, Suros, Hawkmoon) and he takes the game seriously. He also just watched me (psn GuerrillaGrodd) run it twice so he knows the good spots for each encounter.

Let me know if anyone has an open slot.

phen0m24

So...favor time: My 10 year old has been playing a lot of Destiny this summer and has been itching to get into the harder stuff - NF, Raids, etc. He has a lvl 33 warlock that's decently equipped (Bad Juju, Suros, Hawkmoon) and he takes the game seriously. He also just watched me (psn GuerrillaGrodd) run it twice so he knows the good spots for each encounter.

His PSN is DealWithItFool99 if anyone has an open slot.

Hew PM PrivateWHudson.

He has offspring that may be in the zone you're looking for. ;)

Carn82

They should just make three distinct vaults. There are three kiosks in the Tower. Make one for armor, weapons, items etc.

Or just make the vault one big open bin and let me fill the whole thing up with spinmetal if i cared to.

Well, imho it would be better if they used the NPCs for that; so they have some actual use. Hell, make the Speaker a 'bank'; he is already trading shit all the time.

MrDaravon

Just got on for the night, anyone have room or looking to do 3 x NF and 3 x Weeklies? Grabbing the bounties right now (Eris always has the Nightfall one which gives 3 motes IIRC). PSN: MrDaravon

nowai

Well, imho it would be better if they used the NPCs for that; so they have some actual use. Hell, make the Speaker a 'bank'; he is already trading shit all the time.

Sure, I don't care where they put it. I just fail to see how they couldn't break up the vaults if the older console memory was such a limitation.

Don't give them the 3D models. Just open a vault with pictures that access a database.

Carn82

Yes They want you to think that but No they could easily add another page like every other game.

my guess is that a lot of Destiny runs on an unified back end, and that a lot pieces of code are handling data that can be coming from a X360 but a PS4 as well. At a certain point, the code that is running server-side is the same, regardless of platform. I remember reading that it's 'technically possible' for X1 and PS4 players to play together, but other forces do not allow that.

Anyway, getting into the inventory is already a painful experience on last-gen consoles; I doubt adding stuff will make it better.

Carn82

Sure, I don't care where they put it. I just fail to see how they couldn't break up the vaults if the older console memory was such a limitation.

Don't give them the 3D models. Just open a vault with pictures that access a database.

When vault space increases, I really hope Bungie does a GDC talk or something explaining why it was such a big deal.

Top Bottom