• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT27| Nerf Herders

X-Frame

Oh, and another thing -- I really hope they confirm 6 person Patrol as well, especially after Patrol on the Dreadnaught is supposed to have harder Public Events, Uber Bosses, and puzzles.

Lnkn52

Oh, and another thing -- I really hope they confirm 6 person Patrol as well, especially after Patrol on the Dreadnaught is supposed to have harder Public Events, Uber Bosses, and puzzles.
I hope so too. No mention of that. Also, I would like to know if it's a manual launch, or the expansion hits on reset.

I would like to plan my day accordingly.

Revenant with Bones of Eao and Trials gear is awesome (ignore baby titan pls). Only missing the Trials helmet now.

OcYjlRF.jpg

GhaleonEB

I've never played Halo in any serious manner. I do remember that melee weapon in Halo 3 which sent out some shockwave but that's it.

The Covenant energy sword from Halo 3 had an "ammo" meter that depleted with each strike, so it could only be used a certain number of times. If there's a sword in Destiny then it makes sense to treat it like a power weapon and put it in the heavy slot, fueled by heavy ammo.

At 329 days since launch that's an averaged 5 million hours a day? Obviously with spikes and large variance but still that's crazy.

I think one of the articles said the average player played for 100 hours which is insane. Many of us have more than that but that is still quite high for the average player.

Kyoufu

The Covenant energy sword from Halo 3 had an "ammo" meter that depleted with each strike, so it could only be used a certain number of times. If there's a sword in Destiny then it makes sense to treat it like a power weapon and put it in the heavy slot, fueled by heavy ammo.

If we're talking energy projectiles coming out of swords, then sure, but how cool would it be to use a melee weapon as a primary/special? :p

I suppose a Ruin Wings Titan build could provide that to some effect.

j_rocca42

Looks like I'll be having a procedure done on my foot right around the time the taken king comes out. Perfect timing for 3 - 6 weeks of couch time!

You know what I want? A heavy weapon that is a sort of Spear. You can either use it as a melee weapon or throw it at people. How badass would that be. And the spear explodes on contact when thrown.

Magik

Geez, with all the news that came out today, my interest in the game right now has plummeted. Probably a good time to take a break.

kudoboi

im kinda confused with the new TTK info... so does that mean that trying to level up via light is completely useless now?

Magik

It's from the gameinformer article.

If i've read it correctly, all the Year 1 weapons and armor are pretty much obsolete once TTK comes out.

Planet Destiny has a few articles breaking down everything.

There's a lot of good stuff coming in TTK as well.

Has Bungie ever said anything about he shaders that are apparently in the game but have never dropped for anybody? Was just looking at how they look on DestinyTracker and I really want some of them. :/

im kinda confused with the new TTK info... so does that mean that trying to level up via light is completely useless now?

When the Taken king releases you will level up through gaining experience like you do from level 1 to 20. Armour will just have better defense ratings on better gear as opposed to also making you higher leveled.

EDIT: top of the page goodness.

Top Bottom