• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT27| Nerf Herders

Geez, with all the news that came out today, my interest in the game right now has plummeted. Probably a good time to take a break.

thing to do is get 7-8 5000 xp quests done but not turned in, get 15-18 public event rewards banked (1 per day, each will give 2500 xp) but not collected, and then do nightfall and weekly (if they are fast and easy) and planet bounties to edge all your reps until they are just a few points from rolling over. thats a great spot to be in when the xpac hits imo.

but yeah all the current gear is probably going to end up sharded so no real point in hoarding gear/weapons.

im kinda confused with the new TTK info... so does that mean that trying to level up via light is completely useless now?

Not necessarily. From what I understand, you'll start TTK at the level of your highest light level gear. Could be the difference of hours of XP grinding.

It's from the gameinformer article.

If i've read it correctly, all the Year 1 weapons and armor are pretty much obsolete once TTK comes out.

Planet Destiny has a few articles breaking down everything.

There's a lot of good stuff coming in TTK as well.
I'm confused so you like the news then? Or you don't. Cause usually saying your interest has plummeted means you didn't like any of it. Which makes no sense considering the giant overall they're doing.

I'm totally fine with old weapons hitting the hay. It's not like you couldn't use them in pvp still. I'm sure they'll have some awesome weapons for the DLC.

Edit: unless you mean the news is so awesome that interest in current game form is bleh. Then yeah I so understand that. (._. )

OkayRene

Went to my local gamestop earlier to buy a paper copy of Game Informer. Apparently they won't get the September issue for another 3 weeks.

Logistically I guess that makes sense. But I'm still disappointed. I don't like ebooks or digital magazines.

Deku Tree

Has Bungie ever said anything about he shaders that are apparently in the game but have never dropped for anybody? Was just looking at how they look on DestinyTracker and I really want some of them. :/

Yeah they say that's data mined info and you can't have it in your game... At least not yet.

Frenden

Banned
My Nightfalls were mostly bad (dupe Nothing Manacles with the lowest roll I've ever seen on exotic armor--low to mid forty stats for both).

But then I joined a GAF HM Crota train and got two of the last four exotics I needed in three runs. Monte Carlo and Crux!

I need Fourth Horseman and Bones now.

nOoblet16

Yes They want you to think that but No they could easily add another page like every other game.

I don't think it's possible, remember we are talking about consoles where even one megabyte is of memory is a considerable amount of resource to free up. Remember how Mass Effect 3 could not have both sets of animations for holster and combat together despite the fact that its predecessors did? It was memory limitation.

They could be keeping some resources on reserve for future addition as that's the logical thing to do in a game like this where you add content, since once you allocate that to the game then you can never take it away in the future otherwise past additions won't work. This is the same philosophy used when they reserve more OS memory than currently needed for consoles, so that they can add new features but if the game already takes up that memory then they wouldn't be able to take it away or those games won't work.

It's not as simple as adding another page when it is to be stored into the memory and available for access at any time. The best way to tackle this would be to have vault management on the old consoles completely moved to the app/browser instead.

GutZ31

CLlB3v3VAAAkSzj.png:large

That sure looks like a sword.

This alone would have made me buy TTK if I hadn't already.

Can you imagine swords in crucible?

Magik

I'm confused so you like the news then? Or you don't. Cause usually saying your interest has plummeted means you didn't like any of it. Which makes no sense considering the giant overall they're doing.

I'm totally fine with old weapons hitting the hay. It's not like you couldn't use them in pvp still. I'm sure they'll have some awesome weapons for the DLC.

Edit: unless you mean the news is so awesome that interest in current game form is bleh. Then yeah I so understand that. (._. )

Pretty much what you put in your Edit.

All the new info sounds GREAT for TTK but at the same time, why even bother to play now when all gear/weapon are obsolete?

Everything is getting changed, from the resources, to the vendors, marks etc. I think it might make sense to ease off from the game until Bungie gives more detailed info.

Magik

thing to do is get 7-8 5000 xp quests done but not turned in, get 15-18 public event rewards banked (1 per day, each will give 2500 xp) but not collected, and then do nightfall and weekly (if they are fast and easy) and planet bounties to edge all your reps until they are just a few points from rolling over. thats a great spot to be in when the xpac hits imo.

but yeah all the current gear is probably going to end up sharded so no real point in hoarding gear/weapons.

Who knows if any of that will even be relevant as everything seems to be getting revamped.

GutZ31

I feel like you'd just get rocketed to hell and back when heavy spawns.

Strange quirk about blade dancers in mid attack animation; they can take a damage reduction up to two thirds (2/3) letting some blade dancers survive 2 rockets, and die on a third.

Now imagine that kind of bullshit going on with a striker Titan, skating across the map, as well as sword swinging in the air to get in favorable position to fist of panic the masses.

Man, looking at the new subclasses again, Stormcaller is going to be ridiculous. I can't wait to have even more overpowered lighting grenades with greased lightning and more crazy melee with tempestuous.

Magik

At one point I had an LDR sniper but I guess I discarded it because I ran out of space. Is there no way to get another one again?

Run Roc Strikes and pray. PRAY that the game gives you a blue engram at the rewards screen and that can decrypt into a LDR.

Honestly, you're better off getting a her Benevolence and roll it as close as possible to the best LDR set up.

At one point I had an LDR sniper but I guess I discarded it because I ran out of space. Is there no way to get another one again?
No, it's unavailable now unfortunately. You'll have to find a replacement out of the new crop of rifles.

Edit: You can get these (and other old guns) from the older strike playlists? Does that work for old vendor guns as well?

Run Roc Strikes and pray. PRAY that the game gives you a blue engram at the rewards screen and that can decrypt into a LDR.

Honestly, you're better off getting a her Benevolence and roll it as close as possible to the best LDR set up.

I have a Her Benevelonce with what I've read is a perfect roll - Hidden Hand, Hand-laid stock, Unflinching and Shortgaze. I was under the impression that a perfect LDR would still be a bit better?

Magik

No, it's unavailable now unfortunately. You'll have to find a replacement out of the new crop of rifles.

Edit: You can get these (and other old guns) from the older strike playlists? Does that work for old vendor guns as well?

For Dark Below yes. Don't know about Vanilla gear.

Regardless, it's probably the most brutal in terms of RNG.

1) You need to get a blue engram from the reward screen which is not guaranteed
2) That blue engram needs to decrypt to a vender weapon
3) If you happen to get the weapon hope that it comes with a good roll.

That's at least 3 layers of RNG... mother of god.

CREMSteve

All this new info sounds great, but has anyone heard anything about a potential UI update that makes the HUD transparent? Been asking for this for like a year, I play the game way too much and that mofo leaves an image behind that takes a long time to get rid of.

Budgie, are you listening?!

Do we know how they're going to handle the old exotics? Is there going to be a way to upgrade them, or are they going to completely obsolete them?

Magik

I have a Her Benevelonce with what I've read is a perfect roll - Hidden Hand, Hand-laid stock, Unflinching and Shortgaze. I was under the impression that a perfect LDR would still be a bit better?

Unflinching at this moment is useless as it really doesn't do much at all. I'm certain its glitched.

Good luck trying to get a perfect LDR. If you do get a perfect LDR somehow... go play the lottery cause luck is shining on you.

Yes and no. You can get old legendaries, armor or guns, from the strike playlists or any non-daily missions that rewarded them in the past (ie. doing TDB missions for the first time on a character), but the chance of it happening is VERY low.

1. You need an engram to drop at the rewards screen, not during the mission.
2. Purple engrams were not rewards in Tiger or Roc and still aren't.
3. While armor engrams drop with some frequency, it's about 1/5 strikes for a weapon engram.
4. Old engrams follow the old decryption rules. You may find a legendary quality item, but it could be shards.
5. Even if one manages to show up despite all of the above and the multiple hours it would take to even get them, all of the old gear's perks and stat rolls are determined on creation and cannot be rerolled. You could get that LDR 5001 or Jacknife 1.1, but they could have such wonderful perks as Mulligan, or in the case of armor, low Intellect/Strength rolls.

So yeah, you can, but it's not worth it.

Top Bottom