• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT27| Nerf Herders

Gammacide

Any VoG interest right now? Either normal or hard. I don't care. I just love it. I'll gauge interest below.

1. V1ctIm (my PSN)

:)

Sky Walker

Nami needs the Bones of Eao to reach his true potential.

I, too, need these bones so bad. I've been opening PoE chests all the time and doing the nightfall 3 times a week since the first week of HoW and still boneless :(

I hope that xur bring it this week or else I'm gonna cut off his tentacles from his stupid face.

I, too, need these bones so bad. I've been opening PoE chests all the time and doing the nightfall 3 times a week since the first week of HoW and still boneless :(

I hope that that xur bring it this week or else I' gonna cut of his tentacles from his stupid face.

Thatescalatedquickly.png

Ok guys, anyone wanna join me for Crota? I've still never played it and I can never find a team to go through it with here, I really want to play this raid at least once before TTK. Don't care if normal or hard

1. davidbloop

njean777

so from the changes that I read does it mean that light levels are going to go away? Like are you just going to get to 40 and not worry about light levels anymore?

Did someone say...Bones?
FzefoxEMr_RZBCRL.png

Those boots tho. Give them to me.

For Dark Below yes. Don't know about Vanilla gear.

Regardless, it's probably the most brutal in terms of RNG.

Yes and no. You can get old legendaries, armor or guns, from the strike playlists or any non-daily missions that rewarded them in the past (ie. doing TDB missions for the first time on a character), but the chance of it happening is VERY low.

Oof, that does not sound fun, especially in light of weapons phasing out in taken king. Think I'll just stick with the easier drops. Thanks for the clarity!

btkadams

Are they really going to make all the cool guns right now worthless in TTK? I'd hate to see Fatebringer, Found Verdict, and others become sharded. I'm fine with a new item like etheric light upgrading stuff to max damage. I really liked how this expansion let us upgrade any legendary. It really shows off the variety of the weapons in the game when we aren't forced to just use the new ones.

SheHateMe

Anyone need PSN NF? After almost 11 months of playing, I finally got my first exotic bounty, so I'm eager to get it started.

Instant__Vintage (that's two underscores)

I am really curious what level your existing characters start at in TTK. I would imagine 20, because of no more light stuff. I would hope 34. Hopefully they cover that sooner than later.

Aside from that, I think I'm good with everything.

So I'm just catching up on all the press (looooong day at work today). I want to buy into the hype, but then I remember what happened at launch, and how HoW was supposed to fix stories and quests, and how TDB was supposed to fix competitive multiplayer and loot, and it's just been underwhelming disappointment after disappointment (y'all are the only thing keeping me around).

So on that, do you guys really think this is the real deal? I'm still a bit dubious that TK is as good as they claim it to be (we've fixed loot! Hey, look, cutscenes and explosions! Wow!). Maybe I'm just jaded and grumpy :/

Also, isn't the expansion like $60? :/
Edit: nvm I guess it's $40 of you have the other expansions. Lol Idk why I find the pricing for this game so damn confusing x.x

Are they really going to make all the cool guns right now worthless in TTK? I'd hate to see Fatebringer, Found Verdict, and others become sharded. I'm fine with a new item like etheric light upgrading stuff to max damage. I really liked how this expansion let us upgrade any legendary. It really shows off the variety of the weapons in the game when we aren't forced to just use the new ones.

Supposedly, this is par for the course with games like WoW and other MMO's. Makes sense, or else you don't really have to keep grinding, which is what feeds the addiction.

As long as my favorite exotics stay current, I'm ok.

Wilde

Anyone need to do the Weekly Heroic x3?

I'd rather play with people that know what they're doing, than try to carry randoms in matchmaking.

ocean

Banned
At one point I had an LDR sniper but I guess I discarded it because I ran out of space. Is there no way to get another one again?
Possible, but extremely unlikely.

You need to play Roc strikes until you get a Legendary Special Weapon engram (extremely rare) which happens to decrypt into an LDR (1/dozens of options), and further pray that the perks are worthwhile.

There is no way something this unlikely is worth it. Her benevolence is a re rollable substitute which is as good in basically every way except for the ability to roll Field Scout and Final Round.

Super smooth VoG run. Thanks Gaf.

After being RNG's bitch for so long. I surprisingly got a VoC and a Mythoclast for taking down Atheon. I'd feel better about the VoC if not for the news today. But oh well. It will be a good month.

I also got two pairs of the raid boots that had eluded me to this point. I didn't really care, but it's still nice to have them.

Top Bottom