• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT27| Nerf Herders

Gammacide

1.V1ctIm
2.Lnkn52
3.EroticSushi
4.Baliis
5.xx_BATMANx
6.McArkus

Great run guys! Smooth and easy. My postmaster had a nice little Found Verdict waiting for me for my troubles too! One of the last weapons I really wanted! Too bad it's so bittersweet with today's news. Still, definitely going to level it for another month of fun at least!

EDIT: Yeah, big congrats Dweller! That was me last week with a Vex (my first) and a VoC (my second). Enjoy them while you can. :)

1.V1ctIm
2.Lnkn52
3.EroticSushi
4.Baliis
5.xx_BATMANx
6.McArkus

Great run guys! Smooth and easy. My postmaster had a nice little Found Verdict waiting for me for my troubles too! One of the last weapons I really wanted! Too bad it's so bittersweet with today's news. Still, definitely going to level it for another month of fun at least!
Thanks for putting it together. Probably the easiest HM VoG I've done.

Enjoy the FV (for now). I know your pain with my brand new VoC. :(

Ok guys, anyone wanna join me for Crota? I've still never played it and I can never find a team to go through it with here, I really want to play this raid at least once before TTK. Don't care if normal or hard

Yo, I got you. Send me a FR on PSN (Reignofsparrows). I'd be happy to take you through Normal and Hard this week.

todd360

I'm having a great time with galak-z. If your looking for a game to play while waiting for the taken king you should check it out.

Nothing good all reset day long when I barely have anything, stinks!! Smart loot needs to be implemented now :)

Maybe a hard VoG tomorrow. Fatebringer will still be cool in my eyes

todd360

Nothing good all reset day long when I barely have anything, stinks!! Smart loot needs to be implemented now :)

Maybe a hard VoG tomorrow

I'm afraid of smart loot. What if the loot only wants to be used by the top players in destiny? Then it won't choose you. What if some loot likes to be handled by people who have no idea what they're doing? Smart loot is the end of the world as we know it.

I'm afraid of smart loot. What if the loot only wants to be used by the top players in destiny? Then it won't choose you. What if some loot likes to be handled by people who have no idea what they're doing? Smart loot is the end of the world as we know it.

What if the loot starts replicating itself and replaces us? o_O

Maybe a hard VoG tomorrow. Fatebringer will still be cool in my eyes

I did a nightfall for the first time in ages today. Got 12 strange coins to add to my 500 or so. Needless to say, I won't be doing any more for a while.

Dinklebot really isn't going away. He's the smart loot. "I'm starting to sense a pattern"

Truelize

Steroid Distributor
I miss Firebase Delphi and Blind Watch.
I only saw each of these maps one single time last week during Iron Banner. That's with leveling four characters to level three and one character to level 5 (two different profiles).

What happened to these maps? Where did they go?

Sky Walker

I was farming keys in PoE when suddenly :

jI7clLx.jpg

It's funny because I tried to farm it week ago but I gave up :p so what do you recommend for the best pvp roll ?

Flunkie

Banned
Ok fine I'm back in.

I bought it again and played tonight and picked up from where I left off with my level 15 Warlock. How do I get to the glorious DestinyGAF circle jerk in-game? I also see they've added matchmaking to strikes? Nice.

ocean

Banned
I miss Bastion and First Light. Sucks that so many people complained about them because I really enjoyed them.

Having sniping battles across a ginormous map was <3

Oh yea I need this too on both platforms haha
Skyshock feels like a PvP patrol area. But First Light is lovely. It shows the game's draw distance and high zoom scopes are actually useful. Sniping for daaaays

Ok fine I'm back in.

I bought it again and played tonight and picked up from where I left off with my level 15 Warlock. How do I get to the glorious DestinyGAF circle jerk in-game? I also see they've added matchmaking to strikes? Nice.

Bounties. Bounties all the time.

Get yourself up to rank 2 for vanguard or crucible rank. Once you get to rank 20 and get to rank 2 for either of those, buy the legendary gear from the venders. Then once you get to mid twenties you can start doing that glorious Vault of Glass raid with us.

Is it just legendaries we have to worry about? Are year one exotics going to be secondary to TTK exotics too

I don't think they mentioned specifics just yet but I highly doubt that. I think they're adding 10 exotics? This goes in tune with the weapon changes as QUOTE to a few exotics will be tuned on Weapon Balance 2.0. I'm guessing an exotic shard to make it max level again but not sure.

Ok fine I'm back in.

Welcome back! Did the latest info released by GI pursuade you to get back or what exactly? They've added matchmaking to the weekly heroic. Also for PoE if you have HoW expansion.

Skyshock feels like a PvP patrol area. But First Light is lovely. It shows the game's draw distance and high zoom scopes are actually useful. Sniping for daaaays

Oh yea I forgot about Skyshock. That I didn't mind as much as I heard the hate since I expected it to be bad, but maybe because I got one of my few 15-0 matches on there :p

SnakeEyes

Banned
No official word yet, but I would guess that there will be some path to upgrade them to whatever the current max level is.
Nope, still on par (except for the aforementioned nerfs that we were made aware of last week.)

It's just Legendaries that're going down the gurgler. I wonder if that'll include current Iron Banner and Trials weapons.

I hope so.

todd360

I was farming keys in PoE when suddenly :

jI7clLx.jpg

It's funny because I tried to farm it week ago but I gave up :p so what do you recommend for the best pvp roll ?

Lolololol the jokes on you! Greens will be better than that gun next month! MUAHAHAHAHAHAHAH! I TOLD YOU FOOLS IT WAS WORTHLESS! ZEHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH

todd360

I hope that's not Sodium Chloride I smell on your breath there Todd... ;-)

Nah. I don't like pulse rifles is all haha. I just don't like their play style. The pulse rifle buff didn't really do anything for me. I just think the gun is overhyped here.

The only thing I still want before taken king is those damn bone boots.

So Monte Carlo is a lot of fun. Do you guys run aggball and forego the stability? Wondering if that changes the TTK.

Love them Agg balls. I think it increases TTK but it's tough because it's harder to get crits. I need to test in normal crucible, last time I used it was in Iron Banner and it wasn't fully upgraded.

Borrowing and testing guns is going to be fantastic! Can't wait

I wish gunsmith had rank now. I'd be rank 179 after my 1000+ rerolls that I've done so far

Ok fine I'm back in.

Also, don't be afraid to ask questions or for help completing things on here. I stopped playing a couple months after launch and came back about a month ago. Destiny GAF has been super helpful with helping me getting back in to the swing and get leveled up.

A lot of really cool, nice people on here.

todd360

Borrowing and testing guns is going to be fantastic! Can't wait

Its like borrowing books from a library. Only you kill stuff instead of read.

Then you tell your librarian that you finished reading the book/killed a lot and expect them to be impressed with you thus raising your social link/rank

Ophelion

I loathe PoE with a fury that burns like ten billion suns. My anger toward it is quite possibly the source of renewable energy the world is looking for. Now that I know what's up going forward, I'm never playing that shit again. I've never encounter a game mode in any other game I love as much as Destiny that can take me from riding high to wanting to bash my head all the way through the nearest wall.

todd360

I loathe PoE with a fury that burns like ten billion suns. My anger toward it is quite possibly the source of renewable energy the world is looking for. Now that I know what's up going forward, I'm never playing that shit again. I've never encounter a game mode in any other game I love as much as Destiny that can take me from riding high to wanting to bash my head all the way through the nearest wall.

So your like a magical girl from madoka magica. Kinda.

GhaleonEB

I really like PoE. Probably my favorite activity in the game so far.

What I hope they do is bring the method of building alternate encounters from the new strikes into PoE, so the wave formations are no longer predictable. That would really improve it, along with some refinements to the modifiers.

Ophelion

So your like a magical girl from madoka magica. Kinda.

It's a good show. I'll take it.

I really like PoE. Probably my favorite activity in the game so far.

What I hope they do is bring the method of building alternate encounters from the new strikes into PoE, so the wave formations are no longer predictable. That would really improve it, along with some refinements to the modifiers.

Out of genuine curiosity, what is it that you like about it? Since I'm your polar opposite on this subject, I really want to understand.

todd360

I think I might try playing trials with a handicap this week. Since there isn't any loot left from trials that I don't already have.

Celestial Nighthawk only should make for some harder matches.

Top Bottom