• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT27| Nerf Herders

ich00

I'm starting to feel real bad for my brother: 3 nightfalls, 3 deathsingers and 6 crota kills he got a exodus plan, a hunger, a dragon's breath, and a truth. No gjallarhorn. He's debating 6 atheon kills tomorrow.

I'm starting to feel real bad for my brother: 3 nightfalls, 3 deathsingers and 6 crota kills he got a exodus plan, a hunger, a dragon's breath, and a truth. No gjallarhorn. He's debating 6 atheon kills tomorrow.

3x patience & time all in a row followed by 2x Universal Remote. This is from nightfalls and 2x PoE first character open chests haha. RNG stinks

Ophelion

Shoot, I've done way more than that and I still don't have one either. Sometimes the gods are unkind.

ocean

Banned
I think I might try playing trials with a handicap this week. Since there isn't any loot left from trials that I don't already have.

Celestial Nighthawk only should make for some harder matches.
Take my Warlock along if you want a true handicap.

Oh that stinks. So you can't replay an old mission at a higher difficulty for the xp different haha. Wonder what they'll do to get players to replay old missions or maybe nothing.

RIP Dinklebot. You'll always be my Ghost.

New changes feel good, looking forward to TTK.

Also, Gamescomm hype! I'm totally standing 6 hours in a queue for D
ark Souls 3

Oh that stinks. So you can't replay an old mission at a higher difficulty for the xp different haha. Wonder what they'll do to get players to replay old missions or maybe nothing.

Daily challenges and bounties are the only time I replay missions. I always tried to go through at the highest available difficulty for the experience bonus when first playing. I'll probably do the same with TTK.

ich00

3x patience & time all in a row followed by 2x Universal Remote. This is from nightfalls and 2x PoE first character open chests haha. RNG stinks

Yup RNG is great!

Shoot, I've done way more than that and I still don't have one either. Sometimes the gods are unkind.

He's a day one player and has done 100's of encounters that could drop it. This was just tonight, the game gave him every RL is could just about except the one he wants. A month or so ago I think he got the truth 4 or 5 times in one week.

Daily challenges and bounties are the only time I replay missions. I always tried to go through at the highest available difficulty for the experience bonus when first playing. I'll probably do the same with TTK.

*difference

I assumed you could since you can on weekly heroics but oh well. I'll definitely do them at the hardest from now on. Plus, the challenge.

SPCTRE

Yup RNG is great!

He's a day one player and has done 100's of encounters that could drop it. This was just tonight, the game gave him every RL is could just about except the one he wants. A month or so ago I think he got the truth 4 or 5 times in one week.
He wants it too much.

I'm pretty hyped for all the changes. The only thing that scares me is getting pulled back into doing the daily grind of doing all the bounties x 3 to grind up XP for levels

I'm in a good place with the game now, having broke the grip it originally had on me

I think I might try playing trials with a handicap this week. Since there isn't any loot left from trials that I don't already have.

Celestial Nighthawk only should make for some harder matches.

Or or you can help me see mercury for the first time.:)

Also anyone wanna doe some PoEs?

Cade

Finally got my Hunter up to 22, might be able to reach cap by the time Trials rolls around again. I like self-res, but I feel like I might do better as blade-dancer and maybe can even get to 6 wins!

maomaoIYP

I was thinking of trying to do mercury runs for people who still haven't gone as well. Maybe nami will help me with that.

It seems like there are still a bunch of gaffers who haven't gone.

Yeah there are quite a few of us who haven't gone to mercury, would love to get on this.

Will motes of light or strange coin even be a currency anymore was taken king comes out?

Probably only those.

Etheric Light, Exotic Shards, Ascendant and Radiant energies and materials will be worthless. Along with all Legendary weapons you might still want to have, they will be worthless in 1 months time :E

Cade

I guess I will have to hold off on the celestial nighthawk runs then.

Haha. Yeah, I've only ever got to 5 wins when I play with my standard team, but I feel like half of that is because I'm awful at Burning Shrine. Maybe this week's map will elevate me.

Frenden

Banned
I only tried Trials the first weekend with folks I'd never played PvP with before. Want to run with me Todd? I'll be your handicap, haha. Never made it to Mercury.

rc213

Woah now. I said a handicap. Lol put on ruin wings.

I was thinking of trying to do mercury runs for people who still haven't gone as well. Maybe nami will help me with that.

Mercury!?!!?! I haven't seen the light that is 4 wins. lol

After reading all the TTK news is got me excited but I'm still not 100% on board with all the changes but the good are out weighing the bad. Can't wait!

Well xb1, I have a Hard VoG CP where it starts to matter: Oracles.

Hopefully we can get a group to run it this week like we did last week. I don't mind starting fresh or from Oracles.

We can also do CE at some point. I'd like to start that fresh to try to get an elemental primary :p

Woah now. I said a handicap. Lol put on ruin wings.

Yep I've tried multiple times but haven't gotten there yet :( Would love help from some more skillful gaffers :p

KeRaSh

So I was bored and though it would be fun to do a Nightfall again, after months of not playing Destiny. That Gjallarhorn itch is still there, after all...
Joined two people from my friend list and we killed Sepiks. Then I see that elusive weapon pop up in the log and my heart stops.

My friend got his third horn... :(
AT least I got the Purifyer Robes, which I was still missing so I wasn't that bummed.

So I was bored and though it would be fun to do a Nightfall again, after months of not playing Destiny. That Gjallarhorn itch is still there, after all...
Joined two people from my friend list and we killed Sepiks. Then I see that elusive weapon pop up in the log and my heart stops.

My friend got his third horn... :(
AT least I got the Purifyer Robes, which I was still missing so I wasn't that bummed.

Don't feel too bad, I did 2 runs of nf and got nothing.

Last week I got exotic dupes, and I don't have that many exotics anyway.

PatDH

Whose sick idea was it for arc burn damage, hive & dismantle mines? PoE 32 has never given me this much trouble lol. Get 1 hit by damn wizards :(

aarcane

Got the Titan Alpha Lupi from the Nightfall again. I wouldn't mind so much, except my only character is a Hunter and I can't face the grind of levelling up any alts.

Interested in all the changes to come, but I will need more vault space. I'll never shard my Fatebringer, Found Verdict or Black Hammer. Also a little salty that I ground the last Iron Banner to rank 5 and bought the 2 etheric light, Efrideet's Spear and Timur's Lash, I just hope they're still of use in the crucible.

geordiemp

Finally got my Hunter up to 22, might be able to reach cap by the time Trials rolls around again. I like self-res, but I feel like I might do better as blade-dancer and maybe can even get to 6 wins!

I always play lucky rasberry on trials for hunter.

Its then easy to swap between gunslinger or blink bladedancer depending on the map (is blink advantageous for the map / what enemy is doing).

For example, playing against 3 titans, dont play blade dancer.

I feel like a sucker, I'm starting to get hyped for The Taken King. I was also really hyped for Destiny when it came out.

Don't get me wrong I have a lot of fun with the game and I play it a lot still to this day, I really can't complain, but I'm sure I'm not alone when I say the hype and expectations that proceeded the game didn't come close to being reality.

I'm worried I'm setting myself up again.... but at the same time, fuck yes looks awesome and the changes sound great.

Well that's one cool looking warlock helm.

oXKPVrW.jpg

Top Bottom