• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT27| Nerf Herders

Finally finished hunting down all of the dead ghosts. Feels good to have them all collected.

Just got to 50 for GLord, mind officially blown how many i've run past

Now my Grimoire is up to a respectable level I can't leave the other 27 and the 200pts on the table so am going to grab them all. Then no doubt i'll be spending hours in siege of the warmind with a side arm

And so it goes on

ocean

Banned
I feel like a sucker, I'm starting to get hyped for The Taken King. I was also really hyped for Destiny when it came out.

Don't get me wrong I have a lot of fun with the game and I play it a lot still to this day, I really can't complain, but I'm sure I'm not alone when I say the hype and expectations that proceeded the game didn't come close to being reality.

I'm worried I'm setting myself up again.... but at the same time, fuck yes looks awesome and the changes sound great.
I think the main difference is that, despite the Beta giving us a fairly good idea of the game people still had crazy expectations on what the scope would be. Like multiple raids, multiple planets etc.

Now we're hyped for changes we understand. We can expect one new Raid, one new Patrol area, half dozen + PvP maps and Strikes, 20+ Exotic weapons, new subclasses, streamlined economy, overhauled leveling system etc. Hard to be disappointed when you know what's coming.

I think the only real room for disappointment are the unknowns: the raid's quality (expectations there are sky high, might fall short? Don't think so but it's possible), how compelling new weapons are (it'll soften the year 1 obsolescence blow if the new stuff is super cool), and how much they manage to improve the delivery of the story.

All in all, expansion hype is less intense than launch hype but also more closely aligned with what we can reasonably expect to get.

Nuszka

Here you can see new titan gauntlets (at least i think) and warlock helmet
11062072_1054722281212778_2281486349248453284_n.jpg

Final update to the list.

I bought the game for xbox to start fresh on that console on June 6th. Today, I have all these things. This is the luckiest streak for sure, I'm missing only a very small number of items in the entire game and it's mostly exotic armors.

Crux aka Necro as soon as it's patched
Thunderlord
Praetorian Foil
Vex Mythoclast x2
Fatebringer x 3
Ice Breaker
Gjallarhorn x 5
Last Word x 3
Thorn
Bad Juju
Suros Regime x2
Red Death x2
No Land Beyond x2
Universal Remote x2
Patience and Time x3
Plan C x3
Queenbreaker Bow
Truth
Black Hammer
Hunger of Crota x2
Word of Crota x3
Praedyth's Timepiece x3
Praedyth's Revenge x4
Corrective Measure x2
Hezen Vengeance x2
Atheon Epilogue x4
Vision of Confluence x4
Oversoul Edict x5
Found Verdict x3
Fang/Song Of Ir Yut
Abyss Defiant
Lord of Wolves
Dragon's Breath

RIP Dinklebot, at least we have the launch trailer to remember you by. And hours upon hours of youtube videos. Given the ghost slot I always thought they would introduce voice packs to the ghosts so you could tune their personalities and have Nolan North, Jennifer Hale, John DiMaggio Bots. That's DLC worth a damn to me.

As I mistakenly posted in the previous OT (that's dead to me!) I've got three more achievements to accomplish before the clock runs out on year one, and I've been meaning to experience the Crota raid and try PoE's various modes, so I'll be down for some Destiny this month along with my Resident Evil HD playthrough and Metal Gear Solid series runs.

- Defeat Crota on hard
- Defeat Atheon on hard.
- Defeat Prison of Elders on Hard

PSN: CedricKnave (PS4)

Well xb1, I have a Hard VoG CP where it starts to matter: Oracles.

Hopefully we can get a group to run it this week like we did last week. I don't mind starting fresh or from Oracles.

We can also do CE at some point. I'd like to start that fresh to try to get an elemental primary :p
Oh shit, I need to get that from you! lol. I'll run it after doing oracles 3 times. Praetorian Foil will be mounted in my vault as a trophy for the next 9 years once I finally get it.

Cade

I always play lucky rasberry on trials for hunter.

Its then easy to swap between gunslinger or blink bladedancer depending on the map (is blink advantageous for the map / what enemy is doing).

For example, playing against 3 titans, dont play blade dancer.

Yeah, definitely situational. I need to get some more exotic armor for my Hunter.

amar212

So, I can't uderstand:

- what happens to current Exotic items?
- what happens with current VoG&Crota weapons?
- will old raids now drop new weapons?
- what happens with all current faction/character levels?

Confusing as hell.

Klyka

Banned
So, I can't uderstand:

Confusing as hell.

- Exotic items carry over and can be upgraded. Only legendaries and lower will become "useless"
- We ar enot 100% but we think "useless"
- we don't know
- we don't know, we only read a remark about a "seamless integration"

So, I can't uderstand:

Confusing as hell.

-All exotics carry over and can be upgraded. They already said that.
-Raid weapons are Legendary, right? They are not upgradable (but may still be used to make your new Legendaries stronger? More info later on).
-No clue. I hope they offer level 40 versions of all the raids with loot tables, but no word yet.
-They stay the same? There has been no implications to the contrary^^

Edit: Beaten like the Vault of Glass.

Carn82

-Raid weapons are Legendary, right? They are not upgradable (but may still be used to make your new Legendaries stronger? More info later on).
-No clue. I hope they offer level 40 versions of all the raids with loot tables, but no word yet.

Wouldnt surprise me that there will be (for example) a Faithbringer v2; that needs your old Faithbringer to fully level; or maybe a special item that will drop in a new high-level VoG hard mode. I'm pretty sure Bungie thought of a way to keep the 'old' raids relevant; and the only way to make something relevant is to have it drop loot / rewards that you need.

Zocano

Wouldnt surprise me that there will be (for example) a Faithbringer v2; that needs your old Faithbringer to fully level; or maybe a special item that will drop in a new high-level VoG hard mode. I'm pretty sure Bungie thought of a way to keep the 'old' raids relevant; and the only way to make something relevant is to have it drop loot / rewards that you need.

Like I said before, assuming they keep to only guns are loot and the only method of play is SHOOTTHEMINTHEFACE then the odds of a "new" fatebringer (i.e. that one weapon everyone fondles themselves over) showing up are astoundingly high.

N

Noray

Unconfirmed Member
Anyone on who wants to do any PoE 32/34/35? Haven't done any of 'em this week yet. PSN: ultrajari

Skele7on

Banned
so bungie say you can put old weapons onto new ones.

I have a few spare Gjallarhorns.. Maybe I SHOULD COMBINE THEM.

I wish when bullets from hawkmoon double/triple proc'd it'd make a hawk cry sound. that'd be cool.

Lnkn52

In the new trailer, who are we supposed to assume was doing the VO? Our Ghost?

BTW, that space battle looks insane, can't wait to view full cinematic.

This is Halo thread?
They lost their home. Let's us guide their light to the promise land that is Destiny. Kappa

Klyka

Banned

They lost their home. Let's us guide their light to the promise land that is Destiny. Kappa

I think that was Zavala,the Titan Vanguard?

noomi

So the voice in the new trailer, was that... Nolan North?

You would think I'd recognize him after playing 120987129376 games with his voice in it lol

Ikkarus

Yeah the space battle looks immense. One day I hope we can have a spaceship battle in Destiny.

Top Bottom