• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT27| Nerf Herders

noomi

OH man, that is the real test.

"We've awoken the hive!"

I saw on the trailer the big ships the fallen use flying together with the seekers so could that mean some truce to fight against oryx.

noomi

Alright, about to finally pre-order.

Going digital with TTK, I assume there will be a big pre-load prior to the actual release so that when it hits we can get into it right away :D

Still no word on what level we start at with existing characters in TTK huh?

The trailer looks cool. Nice to see some emphasis on story and more obvious world building. I'll take those warlock antlers now please.

ocean

Banned
But that was then, this is now! This is the future!

Seriously though...there needs to be some use for spaceships in this game aside from loading screen icons.
There's a lot to be excited about with what's been announced. Speculating about useable space ships will only set you up for disappointment :p

Maybe Destiny 2? I freaking love the FPS/Spaceship seamless gameplay coming to Star Citizen. Destiny on something like that would reach ergjkknghhfd hype.

noomi

It appears that Bungie is gearing up for a PC game. According to this recent job listing, Bungie is looking for a PC Compatibility Tester for a new project. The candidate must be willing to execute complicated regression scenarios using multiple PC configurations, must have deep knowledge of PC gaming hardware, as well as previous experience working on a shipped PC title.

From what we know so far, Bungie is only working on Destiny, therefore it is safe to assume that this game will be coming shortly to our platform. That, or Bungie is secretly developing a new PC game.

Source

Pure speculation...... BUT... if Destiny ever does come to PC, would you make the switch? I would be veeeeery tempted do, but if it would prevent from playing with my beloved DGAF... then no. The bond is too strong.

I hope so. I was under the impression that since light is going away it will start us at 20. Hopefully it gets clarified today.

Hmmmm never considered that.

It's possible, since the game has been calculating all your XP in order to give you your motes of light that it will immediately transfer your progress to the new system so you'll end up in like the mid-30s?

But then people who've been power playing since Day 1 would be like level 412.

HMMMM.

Hmmmm never considered that.

It's possible, since the game has been calculating all your XP in order to give you your motes of light that it will immediately transfer your progress to the new system so you'll end up in like the mid-30s?

But then people who've been power playing since Day 1 would be like level 412.

HMMMM.

Also, found this on Reddit, from the Activision community blog.

"every edition of Destiny: The Taken King will include one character boost, which allows players to instantly level up any existing or newly created guardian to the minimum level required to play The Taken King."

I am usually a glass half full type of guy but...

I'm sure their are some folks who love filling up bars but I would rather just load up TTK, be level 34 and go.

Edit: I am probably being too cynical about nothing. It's the old man gamer in me.

noomi

^ posted that yesterday noomi

Ahh damn, I missed it sorry haha. Hard to keep up with the thread since yesterday, so much excitement!

every edition of Destiny: The Taken King will include one character boost, which allows players to instantly level up any existing or newly created guardian to the minimum level required to play The Taken King.

Source https://blog.activision.com/communi...-taken-king-we-are-guardians-trailer-released

This is great, I guess I will finally delete one of my hunters and make a warlock. Platinum here I come!

I would hope that this character boost would also level one or both of the subclasses as well...

There's a lot to be excited about with what's been announced. Speculating about useable space ships will only set you up for disappointment :p

Maybe Destiny 2? I freaking love the FPS/Spaceship seamless gameplay coming to Star Citizen. Destiny on something like that would reach ergjkknghhfd hype.

Oh, I'm not setting myself up for anything. I know it won't be coming with Destiny any time soon if at all, but it seems like it should be something that would be in a game like this...

GutZ31

"every edition of Destiny: The Taken King will include one character boost, which allows players to instantly level up any existing or newly created guardian to the minimum level required to play The Taken King."

I'm sure their are some folks who love filling up bars but I would rather just load up TTK, be level 34 and go.

Edit: I am probably being too cynical about nothing. It's the old man gamer in me.

Light levels will no longer be used, so I am pretty sure 20 is all of our levels.

To be fair though, your level needed to finish the main game is like 17.
The content after that has started at around 18~24 base level.

I am sure we will be starting around the 20 mark if light is being dismantled.

Oh, I'm not setting myself up for anything. I know it won't be coming with Destiny any time soon if at all, but it seems like it should be something that would be in a game like this...

DUDE

YOU KNOW they are gonna do space ships for Destiny 2. Its like one of the most requested features ever.... its also the most ambitious though... it would be like making two games

MY idea though is that they make ships just like your Main character. Equipment slots, leveling, and everything in the UI just like your guardian but with the ship.

The ship would have Primary, Special and Heavy weapons slots. Controls would mostly be the same. Its basically a second guardian but in space.

I'm actually sad Dinklebot's gone. I liked his soothing lifeless form of expression and sound. I also like Nolan North, but I'm kinda worried he'll inject too much emotion into the Ghost. Works on Drake, but I don't think it appropriate for our robotic companion.

And no, I'm not being sarcastic.

deafmedal

SMH. Agreed, take my prestige level (as tracked by Destiny Tracker) and convert that to what level I should be. If the focus is to eliminate level being gated by drops and my XP is my XP, then let my lvl 106 Warlock start at max, or min level to start TTK.

Shit, I may not preorder at this pace. Makes me kinda sad as it looks like the only thing I want from this is the raid so I may wait out impressions which leads to possible spoilers and difficulty going in blind... ughhh :(

GutZ31

I'm actually sad Dinklebot's gone. I liked his soothing lifeless form of expression and sound. I also like Nolan North, but I'm kinda worried he'll inject too much emotion into the Ghost. Works on Drake, but I don't think it appropriate for our robotic companion.

And no, I'm not being sarcastic.

Have any idea how many voices hes done for EVERYTHING?
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nolan_North

I don't have enough fingers to count.

Homeboyd

every edition of Destiny: The Taken King will include one character boost, which allows players to instantly level up any existing or newly created guardian to the minimum level required to play The Taken King.

Source https://blog.activision.com/communi...-taken-king-we-are-guardians-trailer-released
It won't level your subclasses for you though. If you're thinking about making a new character, still worth it to do it now to have your subclasses ready by the time ttk drops.

Deku Tree

would actually pay for power level 1-34 as grinding the story is the bane of my life.

You can actually do that. There was a playboy article about Destiny a few weeks back that linked to some players that do power leveling, mercury runs, and skolas kills for cash.

Top Bottom