• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT27| Nerf Herders

Skele7on

Banned
You can actually do that. There was a playboy article about Destiny a few weeks back that linked to some players that do power leveling, mercury runs, and skolas kills for cash.

But like $100 bucks allowing anon internet kids on my acc no thanks.

Was.

New Questification will revitalize the story in new and exciting ways.™

but still the 1-20 grind was a sweet jesus nightmare. Unless they also redid year one.
( i doubt that, but hell anything is possible at the moment)

Well, that second half was hype!

*gets into business man mode*
How much are you willing to pay?

$10-20 dollars for those I need that gear this week raid times :p

I can actually see the current DLC being scrapped and them selling shaders,dances,power levelling to then fund future expansions. It all makes too much sense.

I would prefer this idea as I will buy cool stuff and reap the "free dlc placebo effect"

Skele7on

Banned
Imagine playing Destiny for the first time and never knowing what an actual bastard this game was the first year, GUARDIANS THESE DAYS NO NOTHING.

Auto_aim1

MeisaMcCaffrey
The design is so good.

143877312845.jpg

Owensboro

Siiigh, all this info on The Taken King is making me want to buy it. I didn't see a list in the OP so I'm going to ask here: What are the different ways to buy the expansion? What's the best bang for your buck if you already own the base game + the two current expansions?

Also, I somehow managed to cut the everliving hell out of my pointer finger last night and had to spend 4 hours in the ER getting stitches. It sucks to have an injured trigger finger :( . Hopefully anyone forced to group up with me for the Weekly HS or raids I try don't mind carrying an injured soldier.

noomi

would actually pay for power level 1-34 as grinding the story is the bane of my life.

I've leveled through the story 4 times... all of it. Including TDB and HoW content....

I don't want to do it again, but with the redesign I probably wouldn't mind. Would be nice to see what's changed.

bitsurugi

Back from vacation... and ofc, the hype from GI reveal made me behind like 40 pages.... well, good read to me!

PS: hype is real! Want TTK now! ^^

PuMa

I've leveled through the story 4 times... all of it. Including TDB and HoW content....

I don't want to do it again, but with the redesign I probably wouldn't mind. Would be nice to see what's changed.

We're supposed to be able to skip cut scenes this time around at least. I still don't want to do it again though. Better not have to.

noomi

Who is this Nami you speak off? I'm Iman! Can't you tell the difference? I have a glorious beard. This Nami You speak of does not.

I feel like I don't even know you anymore.

Back from vacation... and ofc, the hype from GI reveal made me behind like 40 pages.... well, good read to me!

PS: hype is real! Want TTK now! ^^

Welcome back bits, hope you had a nice holiday :)

We're supposed to be able to skip cut scenes this time around at least. I still don't want to do it again though. Better not have to.

I know they've mentioned skippable cutscenes, I just hope that they actually follow through with it for TTK.

OkayRene

Alright, about to finally pre-order.

Going digital with TTK, I assume there will be a big pre-load prior to the actual release so that when it hits we can get into it right away :D

The patches are the pre-load.

The download from the store will likely just be a 5kb activation file.

X-Frame

Besides vendor reputation, is there anything else that I would be starting fresh with if I delete my main character to create a new one?

Seconded. I definitely would not want to start from the beginning again.

It's great that the content is getting remixed, but I can just watch a YouTube video to see that stuff. I want to knockdown the door of the Dreadnaught on day one and start busting skulls.

How much grind do you guys thing their will be to get to the new raid? I wonder if that will be locked by a week like Vanilla Destiny.

Daemul

Besides vendor reputation, is there anything else that I would be starting fresh with if I delete my main character to create a new one?
You'd need to level up the subclasses again, which isn't too hard to do if you play PvP alot and are good at it, I managed to level up both Hunters subclasses in 4 days because of this, whilst it took me like 2 weeks on my launch Titan since I was relying on bounties to level my Defender lol

I have a feeling the booster class items in the collector's are so you can unlock basic subclass powers (jump, nade, etc) in like the first fight lol

E92 M3

It's great that the content is getting remixed, but I can just watch a YouTube video to see that stuff. I want to knockdown the door of the Dreadnaught on day one and start busting skulls.

How much grind do you guys thing their will be to get to the new raid? I wonder if that will be locked by a week like Vanilla Destiny.

Maybe by next Tuesday after launch people will have access to normal. In fact, I am sure they will. Some folks will play this for ten hours a day. I wish I could, at least.

noomi

The patches are the pre-load.

The download from the store will likely just be a 5kb activation file.

Very good :D

I just wonder if it will be available upon reset like with TDB, or mid-day like with HoW.

I pray for reset release... or better yet Midnight release!

I'm actually sad Dinklebot's gone. I liked his soothing lifeless form of expression and sound. I also like Nolan North, but I'm kinda worried he'll inject too much emotion into the Ghost. Works on Drake, but I don't think it appropriate for our robotic companion.

And no, I'm not being sarcastic.

He is incredibly versatile though, won't be doing the default Drake voice. He can deliver an emotionless robot just fine.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SeJiZyGyUvY

X-Frame

Some of your stats/completions/chests disappear so check your triumph checklist. But beyond that nothing meaningful

Oh good point. I only need a Skolas kill and I get that emblem. Might as well do that first.

You'd need to level up the subclasses again, which isn't too hard to do if you play PvP alot and are good at it, I managed to level up both Hunters subclasses in 4 days because of this, whilst it took me like 2 weeks on my launch Titan since I was relying on bounties to level my Defender lol

Haha, I don't mind re-leveling the subclass skill tree. And yeah I love PvP. I recently started a new character and took them from Level 3 to 20 with just PvP, it was fun. I have 3 Titans which is why I want to delete 2 to make other classes, so in a way it'll be new to me too since I haven't played the other classes since last Fall.

What I care about more is grinding vendor rep on the Titan that I want to keep, which is not my original main Titan and this Titan barely has any vendor rep.

But now with pledging coming, way more bounties to grab and hold, and ways to turn in materials to gain vendor rep it should be much easier to catch up.

Daemul

Whilst it seems many people are looking to create one of each class due to the changes, I on the other hand am greatful that I can finally go back to only using one character. Having 3 characters was much more of a chore than anything else tbh, running nightfalls, weekly's, raids etc 3 times just burnt me out and shone a bigger spotlight on all the flaws in the game, which eventually led to my 3 month hiatus. Since HoW I've made sure to only play on my alts if I need something important, choosing to focus mainly on my main, this has made Destiny far more enjoyable to me.

Now that I pretty much main Hunter, I'll delete my alt Titan but I'll probably keep my OG Titan around as nostalgia since I put way too many hours into him and he has all the Titan exotics lol.

Namikaze1

Damn. With all the news yesterday, I forgot to check what Brother Vance is selling.

I see through your disguise.

Also that Suros trailer was pretty good.
If I wasn't making breakfast right now, I would replace my new avatar with yours but with blue slippers instead of pink. :p

I feel like I don't even know you anymore.
I don't even know myself anymore. :p

you are fooling no one.
You sure about that?

Nuszka

Very good :D

I just wonder if it will be available upon reset like with TDB, or mid-day like with HoW.

I pray for reset release... or better yet Midnight release!

The counter on my psn preorder shows the reset time.
Btw thinking on deleting my ex warlock to do the story again just for fun after the tTK launches.

noomi

The counter on my psn preorder shows the reset time.
Btw thinking on deleting my ex warlock to do the story again just for fun after the tTK launches.

Save it, maybe we can level together :) Plus we have that red bull xp boost thing.

Daemul

Haha, I don't mind re-leveling the subclass skill tree. And yeah I love PvP. I recently started a new character and took them from Level 3 to 20 with just PvP, it was fun. I have 3 Titans which is why I want to delete 2 to make other classes, so in a way it'll be new to me too since I haven't played the other classes since last Fall.

What I care about more is grinding vendor rep on the Titan that I want to keep, which is not my original main Titan and this Titan barely has any vendor rep.

But now with pledging coming, way more bounties to grab and hold, and ways to turn in materials to gain vendor rep it should be much easier to catch up.

I managed to get my Crucible, Vanguard and FWC rep to level 3 on my Hunter in just over my week by doing every single bounty that came along and playing PvP like crazy. It was made easier by the fact that as you're levelling up the postmaster gives you those tokens which allow you to do extra bounties for the day, so it was pretty much a breeze.

I'm on Holiday though so I had spare time to do all this, if I was back at Uni this would have taken me closer to a month.

ocean

Banned
I'll play the campaign from scratch to hear the new dialogue and mess around with new weapons and abilities.

But I won't delete a character :p I can just start over on an existing one. Re leveling every faction to rank 3? Ain't nobody got time for that.

Trakan

Run Roc Strikes and pray. PRAY that the game gives you a blue engram at the rewards screen and that can decrypt into a LDR.

As far as I know, you can't get weapon engrams from Tiger or Roc strikes, just armor.

Also, I saw people talking about making new characters to get grimoire? I don't think I ever made an exo character and I'm not missing any grimoire related to it.

Nuszka

Save it, maybe we can level together :) Plus we have that red bull xp boost thing.

I am bored of my exo warlock look, if they do not allow us to recustomize our guardians then yes. But first view days i will rain fire upon poor souls with my huge hammer lol.

GutZ31

Damn. With all the news yesterday, I forgot to check what Brother Vance is selling.

If I wasn't making breakfast right now, I would replace my new avatar with yours but with blue slippers instead of pink. :p

I don't even know myself anymore. :p

You sure about that?

giphy.gif

Nighte

Got worried for a second that I arranged a trip on release date...thankfully im back 2 days before release...yeeeey :)

Top Bottom