• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT27| Nerf Herders

I've leveled through the story 4 times... all of it. Including TDB and HoW content....

I don't want to do it again, but with the redesign I probably wouldn't mind. Would be nice to see what's changed.

I started 2 characters over the last month and leveled 1-20 through the Crucible. Can't bring myself to do the story again. But with these changes coming it might be worth doing again.

P44

So, I want to start maybe getting this ready.

Who wants to run Kings Fall blind with me. Asking now to make sure I can get a group together that stays blind :p

Lnkn52

So, I want to start maybe getting this ready.

Who wants to run Kings Fall blind with me. Asking now to make sure I can get a group together that stays blind :p

Would love to join you if i'm not already snatched up, as I suspect I already am.

I know we are more than a month away but maybe a week before the 15th to confirm status. But I'm for sure taking the 16th off and starting my day early, maybe around 8 AM EST

Namikaze1

Plan for the 15th is to do the new content across all characters and wait for the old raid team to reassemble to take down Oryx.

Lnkn52

Plan for the 15th is to do the new content across all characters and wait for the old raid team to reassemble to take down Oryx.

The fun part would be getting that raid crew and exploring the Dreadnought. Who will be the first to discover the exotic chest?!

rNilla

Why isn't this your new avatar?

CLpTPPnUEAEvoAe.jpg

As far as I know, you can't get weapon engrams from Tiger or Roc strikes, just armor.

Also, I saw people talking about making new characters to get grimoire? I don't think I ever made an exo character and I'm not missing any grimoire related to it.
Are you sure you didn't create one and delete it? You have 8 deleted characters according to http://wastedondestiny.com/.

I never created a human and am still missing the grimoire for it.

Deku Tree

Wonder if we will get more then just the new ones announced coming with the CE.

I am hoping that there are a lot of emotes in the game now similar to BB and Dark Souls. Hopefully the pre-order ones are just a taste and there are a large number of emotes in the game that you can collect while playing.

Then again it turned out that the only other ghost shell you could get was the pre-order one so...

Namikaze1

The fun part would be getting that raid crew and exploring the Dreadnought. Who will be the first to discover the exotic chest?!
I'm teaming up with whoever is on from my old raid team for story and Dreadnaught exploration. One of them is gonna be on all day with me.

Why isn't this your new avatar?

CLpTPPnUEAEvoAe.jpg
He looks like he's taking a massive dump. :p

I'm there but Zoba ain't coming back.
Zoba must come back! We can't be the A Team without him! ;__;

Kyoufu

Does anyone know if the $60 Legendary Edition will be available on PSN for the same price? It's $80 right now which is silly.

X-Frame

I'll play the campaign from scratch to hear the new dialogue and mess around with new weapons and abilities.

But I won't delete a character :p I can just start over on an existing one. Re leveling every faction to rank 3? Ain't nobody got time for that.

My issue is that my Titan main is a female Awoken and I want my main Titan going forward to be a male. So unless Bungie offers the functionality to completely change a characters looks and race then I'm sort of stuck there.

I managed to get my Crucible, Vanguard and FWC rep to level 3 on my Hunter in just over my week by doing every single bounty that came along and playing PvP like crazy. It was made easier by the fact that as you're levelling up the postmaster gives you those tokens which allow you to do extra bounties for the day, so it was pretty much a breeze.

I'm on Holiday though so I had spare time to do all this, if I was back at Uni this would have taken me closer to a month.

Yeah I'm going to take the rest of that week off which should help, haha.

I'm going to re-post the recruitment post I just made on bungie.net. Looking to add members to our Xbox One clan for The Taken King. If anyone is interested in joining, shoot me a message and/or request permission on bungie.net.

https://www.bungie.net/en/Clan/Detail/174077

Progenitor is a Destiny clan that formed before the game's release. We raided the Vault of Glass heavily as a group and some of us have continued on to run Crota's End, Prison of Elders and Trials of Osirus together. Many of our members consider each other friends whether in real-life, or through the game.

As The Taken King approaches, we are looking to bolster our numbers once more so we regularly have a good sized player pool. As with any game that maintains a player base, sometimes people come and go, but we want Progenitor to remain and continue on, especially with exciting new content on the way. All we ask is that you be competent at the game and have a desire to get things done. Members are encouraged to use the Destiny app to communicate with fellow clan members to coordinate runs.

In the weeks leading up to The Taken King, many of us will be doing Nightfall, raids, Trials, Prison, etc. But what we're really looking for are members who are going to dedicate themselves to running new content in The Taken King when it hits in September. If you're looking for an Xbox One clan to play with once The Taken King hits, look no further. Request permission to join Progenitor and you're in. We look forward to exploring the Dreadnaught with you.

Just leveled up my first alt to 20. Titan.
Leveled via Crucible.
Gave him Helm of Saint. Now he's 22.
What now? What's the quickest way to 32-34? Any tips?

Deku Tree

OMG: 21 weeks, 6 days, 10 hours of Game Time

C9oeAD5.png

Something wrong with their code. Leaderboard says 3682 but searching the username says

http://wastedondestiny.com/playstation/policemam

3852 hours...

isn't it $60 if you own both expansions?

No, there is a $40 version that you can buy off PSN if you own all the expansions etc. If not you can buy the $60 version which contains all the content. The $80 version is the CE that includes the bonus junk.

PSN will probably sell the $60 Legendary edition on Sept. 15. They don't sell it now IMO because it would be the cheapest way to buy all of Destiny. Right now you can only order the $80 CE off PSN.

ocean

Banned
I can't take days off work. I'll have to wait until Friday before I can raid, hopefully there's others on the same boat and we can have a weekend blind raid :)

Namikaze1

Okay, Hunter Osiris helmet has Discipline which is already better than the Strength one I have. Would've prefer it to be Intellect.

Warlock's is shit compared to the one I own. Mine's all intellect while Vance's is Strength + Discipline.

Titan's is barely better than the one I own. Both have Intellect + Discipline. Only difference is Vance's Helmet has just slightly worse Discipline (2 points difference), better Intellect (7 points difference), and Infusion. May pick it up.

Definitely going for the Hunter helmet this weekend.

OkayRene

Very good :D

I just wonder if it will be available upon reset like with TDB, or mid-day like with HoW.

I pray for reset release... or better yet Midnight release!

Damn, I'm kind of banking on a mid-day release. Took a half day on 9/15. Hope it works out. :-/

Deku Tree

Yeah, very weird. The leaderboard probably hasn't been updated.

I think I figured it out.

Am I ranked against every player in the world?
No, you are only ranked against every player whose name has been entered on this website.

So the leaderboard only includes players who put their PSN or Gamertag into the website. So the time on the leaderboard probably is the total time played from the last time that ID was put into the website and the leaderboard is probably updated every 24 hours or something like that.

Skele7on

Banned
I'm honestly reconsidering my collectors edition to just get the game and then get digital items in the separate pack that's coming out...

Just waiting for price confirmations before cancelling my order as well, I don't want to get burned. But the strange coin is pretty...

Maybe I will get the collectors edition too and just sell/giveaway the codes for TTK providing it's not disc based which as of yet hasn't been confirmed.

#Hype

I can't take days off work. I'll have to wait until Friday before I can raid, hopefully there's others on the same boat and we can have a weekend blind raid :)

Do we have confirmation that the raid is coming out right at release? Haven't had a chance to look through the thread in awhile so maybe this was already answered.

Also, I'm thinking the grind from 20 to 40 will take at least a little while so people aren't going to be able to jump in right away if the raid is out.

Gammacide

I'm already off on the 15th and will be taking the 16th off as well to run new content, including the new raid, nice and blind. If any of you need or want another fun-loving guardian in your group, please think of me. :)

Hyun Sai

I'm already off on the 15th and will be taking the 16th off as well to run new content, including the new raid, nice and blind. If any of you need or want another fun-loving guardian in your group, please think of me. :)

Are you sure the Raid will be available day 2 before taking your day off ?

LiK

Do we have confirmation that the raid is coming out right at release? Haven't had a chance to look through the thread in awhile so maybe this was already answered.

Also, I'm thinking the grind from 20 to 40 will take at least a little while so people aren't going to be able to jump in right away if the raid is out.

i didn't check but even if it was, I don't think it's worth playing the raid day one. isn't the boss gonna much higher level anyway?

Top Bottom