• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT27| Nerf Herders

Lnkn52

Do we have confirmation that the raid is coming out right at release? Haven't had a chance to look through the thread in awhile so maybe this was already answered.

Also, I'm thinking the grind from 20 to 40 will take at least a little while so people aren't going to be able to jump in right away if the raid is out.

Stock up on some Red Bulls. The buff only lasts 30 minutes. Playing maybe a 8 hours max that day, that's 16 cans worth of codes x $3 a can; that's about $48 USD.

OkayRene

Stocking up on some Red Bulls. The buff only lasts 30 minutes. Playing maybe a 8 hours max that day, that's 16 cans worth of codes x $3 a can; that's about $48 USD.

Don't forget about factoring in the cost of medical bills after drinking that much Red Bull. lol

ocean

Banned
Do we have confirmation that the raid is coming out right at release? Haven't had a chance to look through the thread in awhile so maybe this was already answered.

Also, I'm thinking the grind from 20 to 40 will take at least a little while so people aren't going to be able to jump in right away if the raid is out.
It'd make sense that the Raid is either not open at all or not feasible until about a week after launch while we level up and get new, adequately powered gear (lest we wander into a raid, blind, at the minimum level, with blue weapons like we did frustratingly back in September :p).

But at any rate whether it's the first Friday of the second after launch, I'll absolutely have to wait until the weekend. If this thing is larger than VoG I can't be thinking about work the next day :p

noomi

Am I showing online on psn?

Stupid remote play can't connect but switched on my ps4 :/

How the hell do I switch it off now?

You were online the other day.... I have mine set to auto off in 10min :eek:

Maybe ask someone to turn off the console... so it doesn't overheat or something....

*edit*

just checked you are currently online.

LiK

Probably not cause I tried remote play 2 days ago and I've been told I'm still showing online on psn.

no one can help you turn it off? maybe try remote play again later.

Sony should make it automatically turn off in 10 minutes if remote play connection disconnects.

Lnkn52

ofcourse he has the Bones of Eao.

syEaiqe.png

GutZ31

Destiny |OT♦28| The Taken Role
Destiny |OT♦28| Nolan Beyond
Destiny |OT♦28| Nolancasm
Destiny |OT♦28| You've Awoken The Drake

Edit: I am Partial to this one as well.

E92 M3

It's funny to see the Bones being so hyped these days. I've been wanting them before the release of HoW and fortunately got it from the Mercury chest. Did not expect Gjallarhorn levels of hype for the bones though.

They are one of the best exotics in the game, though.

You were online the other day.... I have mine set to auto off in 10min :eek:

Maybe ask someone to turn off the console... so it doesn't overheat or something....

*edit*

just checked you are currently online.

Damn. No one can turn it off, I locked the house and have the keys with me, 16000 kms away :/

no one can help you turn it off? maybe try remote play again later.

Sony should make it automatically turn off in 10 minutes if remote play connection disconnects.

I'll try remote play again when I can, hopefully it can connect long enough for me switch it off...Else it will remain on till 29th aug when I get back.

Two things:

1.) How do people want to handle spoilers? Spoiler tag everything related to story missions, strikes, Dreadnaught exploration, secrets and obviously the raid. For at least a week maybe? Posts like "hey check out this new gun I got" are fine I assume.

Disclaimer: if you want to avoid all spoilers, it's best not to hang around until you've cleared the content yourself. We can't control who posts what, so there's always spoiler risk.

2.) Raid release: Game Informer coverage said the raid would be accessible eventually after the main TTK story stuff, although we don't know details. I'm guessing it'll be similar to vanilla Destiny and VoG. A week to level up through the new content, subclasses, and gear would make sense before opening the raid. Hopefully Normal raid will start at Lv36 and scale up to Lv38, then Hard raid will be all Lv40 (PLEASE no forced under-leveling).

Two things:

1.) How do people want to handle spoilers? Spoiler tag everything related to story missions, strikes, Dreadnaught exploration, secrets and obviously the raid. For at least a week maybe? Posts like "hey check out this new gun I got" are fine I assume.

Disclaimer: if you want to avoid all spoilers, it's best not to hang around until you've cleared the content yourself. We can't control who posts what, so there's always spoiler risk.

2.) Raid release: Game Informer coverage said the raid would be accessible eventually after the main TTK story stuff, although we don't know details. I'm guessing it'll be similar to vanilla Destiny and VoG. A week to level up through the new content, subclasses, and gear would make sense before opening the raid. Hopefully Normal raid will start at Lv36 and scale up to Lv38, then Hard raid will be all Lv40 (PLEASE no forced under-leveling).

I would say main plotlines should be given a 2 week grace period for spoilers minimum.

Raid secrets should be given 3-4 weeks after the raid launches.

Of course, I'm lean on the stickler side of spoilering stuff, so that's just me.

noomi

Two things:

Stuff with be spoiled no matter what we do or say in here, best way to avoid spoiler is just like you said....stay away from here :(

For me... I don't care for spoiler really. Spoil it all, ALL OF IT

Damn. No one can turn it off, I locked the house and have the keys with me, 16000 kms away :/

I'll try remote play again when I can, hopefully it can connect long enough for me switch it off...Else it will remain on till 29th aug when I get back.

That really sucks man, hope you can connect and shut it down. I know you said your connect at home was pretty bad, but try to get on a really fast and reliable signal with your vita, should help.

Also do you have a PSTV? Maybe someone can log into your account, and shut it off that way?

Impulsor

WOuld someone be kind enough to let me join their clan?

Just to have people with whom to play at hand. I'm currently clanless.

Namikaze1

Two things:

Story, secrets, and Dreadnaught exploration should be spoiler tagged for the first week IMO.

I'm expecting a level 41 hard raid.

Deku Tree

Two things:

I would say Spoiler Tag everything for one or two weeks or so, and then someone create a spoiler thread where you can post anything and has no tags. That's what GAF usually does with other games.

Having too many rules about what to spoiler tag and what not to spoiler tag leads to confusion and people inevitably don't follow the rules. Have a simple rule of "no spoilers except under tags for X time period except in the spoiler thread" is much easier for people to follow.

Namikaze1

There's a list of clans in the OP you can join.

I am the founder of School of Hawk so you're welcome to join if you want if you're a PS4 player.

rNilla

There will be spoilers.

We didn't even make it a full week when TDB came out. This is much bigger and more hype-inducing.

There is a list of DGAF clans in the OP, feel free to join any one you fancy.

That really sucks man, hope you can connect and shut it down. I know you said your connect at home was pretty bad, but try to get on a really fast and reliable signal with your vita, should help.

Also do you have a PSTV? Maybe someone can log into your account, and shut it off that way?

No PSTV.

The connection I used for vita was 30mbps up and down, so it's definitely my upload speed back home that's the culprit.

every edition of Destiny: The Taken King will include one character boost, which allows players to instantly level up any existing or newly created guardian to the minimum level required to play The Taken King.

Source https://blog.activision.com/communi...-taken-king-we-are-guardians-trailer-released
Wow!

I convinced my Xbox bro to get the Taken King PS4. And I promised that I'd save my last character slot to make a new character with him. Having just leveled up my Warlock, I know how much the 1-20 grind sucks. This is amazing news for both of us. The thing we were most worried about was being level 1 when there is an entire new game out there that everyone else is exploring.

HYPE!

Top Bottom