• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT27| Nerf Herders

Namikaze1

You can disable them. But yeah, they are annoying, especially if you're a part of 6 different groups on psn like I am :/

Don't you have the app on your phone? Just use that..
I don't have the app cause it doesn't support it.

Plus it's unnecessary. I don't need it or want it. I only ever go to the site for grimoire purposes.

I lean on the stickler side of spoilering stuff.

Spoil it all, ALL OF IT

thisisneogaf.gif

If we have spoilers from gamescomm tomorrow, do you want them in spoiler tags? :p

Yes, especially things related to the story, new areas to explore, etc. "Nuts and bolts" type things like new UI, new weapons or armor perks, progression systems etc. could still be tagged to be safe but aren't a big deal imo.

Either way I'd recommend writing a vague description of what's tagged so people don't have to guess, i.e. "spoiler from first story mission" or "a new emote" etc. Don't just say "WOW this new thing is CRAZY" where people have no idea what to expect.

Story, secrets, and Dreadnaught exploration should be spoiler tagged for the first week IMO.

I'm expecting a level 41 hard raid.

The VoG and TTK raid team didn't work on CE or PoE. I'm expecting a return to form for end-game PvE activities, including no more forced under-level nonsense.

Spoiler tag as much as possible I say - even the Gamescom stuff (they've talked about way too much).

Yeah this is the safest policy to be sure. It's better to make people click a tag then have people get upset by the lack of tags.

I would say Spoiler Tag everything for one or two weeks or so, and then someone create a spoiler thread where you can post anything and has no tags. That's what GAF usually does with other games.

Having too many rules about what to spoiler tag and what not to spoiler tag leads to confusion and people inevitably don't follow the rules. Have a simple rule of "no spoilers except under tags for X time period except in the spoiler thread" is much easier for people to follow.

We can just say "no spoilers without tags" for the first week, but I don't think a separate spoiler thread is necessary. I always prefer to keep the conversation centralized, and separate threads have never had much success. The real question will be the raid release date, since that's the biggest spoiler-related content.

We could say "no raid spoilers for 2 weeks after release" but... that's not going to happen. If people really really want to avoid spoilers they'll sadly have to steer clear of the OT until they've experienced the content themselves.

There will be spoilers.

We didn't even make it a full week when TDB came out. This is much bigger and more hype-inducing.

This is true. We tried to avoid them for a while but eventually it breaks down and people get lazy with tags, or they get excited about the new content and post pictures which are worth 1,000 spoiler words. HoW didn't have much to spoil, except Mercury (spoiled the first day iirc) and Skolas (spoiled within a few days as well).

Bottom line: When in doubt, use spoiler tags. If you hate spoilers, avoid the thread.

It really won't.
I'm already dead....

tumblr_lmd0da7Wu21qzbkx0o1_400.gif

Skele7on

Banned
For the taken king I propose this simple strategy.

Two threads, one with all the spoilers untagged and just a cluster of glory news and what's going on.

This thread is safe haven everything tagged.

Most are... some aren't.

If you use the message board on your clan page, and create a PSN chat or something like that, and you have an active clan of people who play at the same time as you then the tools are very good.

If you want then you can get notifications on your phone of PSN messages through the PSN app, and of posts on the clan page message board through the Bungie app.

EDIT:

You can also turn the notifications off if you want.

Yea I have it where I only get notifications on my phone but without the noise. The only notification I get on my PS4 is game invitation. It works out pretty well where I do not get interrupted in a gaming session from someone sending messages.

-

Also has anyone else been having the issue where some guy on your friend list will send a psn message with 50+ people saying "Looking for PoE 34 team" or "ToO?"

Those people aren't normally from GAF and I have no clue how I got them on my friend list but I end up deleting them right after that. .

macewank

What part of "they've already done it with Halo 3" you didn't get, smart guy?

The part where they didn't fix it?

There are tutorials all over the internet on how to lag switch in Halo 3. It's not something you can "fix" in a P2P environment. Mitigate to some degree? Sure, but you're not going to be able to eliminate latency and you're not going to be able to prevent someone from intentionally raising theirs to get an advantage. The best you can hope for is to catch them doing it and address it that way.

Impulsor

I'm thinking about levelin up a warlock or a titan before the expansion.

What do you guys recommend, coming from a hunter?

GutZ31

Speaking of Year one, I was looking thru my imgur pictures and found my Beta closing stats Bungie sent out in an email.
bLBtVkY.png

Pretty funny how long I have been playing this game.

For the taken king I propose this simple strategy.

Two threads, one with all the spoilers untagged and just a cluster of glory news and what's going on.

This thread is safe haven everything tagged.

If people really want a separate spoiler thread someone can make it. But we're already suggesting to spoiler tag everything here for at least a week, depending on the raid's release date. The problem is people will still post spoilers, guaranteed, which is why I wouldn't bother with a separate thread. Lots of people that post here will never read these couple pages of conversation, for example.

People need to avoid reading any Destiny thread after TTK's release if they can't stand spoilers.

X-Frame

Anyone have a link to the SEXY clan? I'm still in GAF Raiders and I don't think I've seen anyone else in that clan for awhile.

You already have the best PvP class, so make a Titan for the best PvE class. Be sure to level the Defender subclass first, assuming you like to play PvE, raids etc.

Deku Tree

Also has anyone else been having the issue where some guy on your friend list will send a psn message with 50+ people saying "Looking for PoE 34 team" or "ToO?"

Those people aren't normally from GAF and I have no clue how I got them on my friend list but I end up deleting them right after that. .

I get those sometimes. If I know those people then I usually send them a message asking them to keep me off those lists. If I don't know those people, or if they do it to me multiple times, then I often unfriend them unless they are someone I play with regularly. I hate getting those. People should use DGAF or other LFG tools to do that no PSN messages.

ocean

Banned

Warlocks are ability kings. They have the longest range melee, and it freaking buffs them on hit (unlike Defenders which get buffed on *kill*). Both subclasses have top-tier grenades - Firebolt acts like Arcbolt but can burn for super hardcore DoT. Axiom bolt will chase you to infinity and beyond. Fusion grenades stick to kill. Scatter Grenades + Nothing Manacles = two mini Gjallarhorns that you chuck with your bare hands. The Supers are also crazy good. And they easily have the best Exotic armor in the game.
Ram = tank class
Nothing Manacles = double MURDER grenades
Voidfang: Warlock Lucky Raspberry
Claws: double melee energy on the class where melee is most useful
Obsidian: Nova Bomb for dayssss

Basically Warlocks are more than super crazy awesome. Sadly, their floaty jump is absolute trash. Warlocks were a mistake. Never play one. The jump will make you want to commit suicide.

Make a Titan.

Edit; I have to be fair. St. 14 is the best Exotic. Other than that, Warlocks rule the armor game. But they're trash, make a Defender and shield your mates from danger in your purple dome of buff.

Lnkn52

If people really want a separate spoiler thread someone can make it. But we're already suggesting to spoiler tag everything here for at least a week, depending on the raid's release date. The problem is people will still post spoilers, guaranteed, which is why I wouldn't bother with a separate thread. Lots of people that post here will never read these couple pages of conversation, for example.

People need to avoid reading any Destiny thread after TTK's release if they can't stand spoilers.

PSA:

Is there anyway to tell which Grimoire card/points you've most recently unlocked? My score went up by like 10-15 pts playing Crucible recently and I can't figure out why.

Skele7on

Banned

I volunteer as tribute (for spoiler thread).

Impulsor

You already have the best PvP class, so make a Titan for the best PvE class. Be sure to level the Defender subclass first, assuming you like to play PvE, raids etc.

Warlocks are ability kings. They have the longest range melee, and it freaking buffs them on hit (unlike Defenders which get buffed on *kill*). Both subclasses have top-tier grenades - Firebolt acts like Arcbolt but can burn for super hardcore DoT. Axiom bolt will chase you to infinity and beyond. Fusion grenades stick to kill. Scatter Grenades + Nothing Manacles = two mini Gjallarhorns that you chuck with your bare hands. The Supers are also crazy good. And they easily have the best Exotic armor in the game.
Ram = tank class
Nothing Manacles = double MURDER grenades
Voidfang: Warlock Lucky Raspberry
Claws: double melee energy on the class where melee is most useful
Obsidian: Nova Bomb for dayssss

Basically Warlocks are more than super crazy awesome. Sadly, their floaty jump is absolute trash. Warlocks were a mistake. Never play one. The jump will make you want to commit suicide.

Make a Titan.

Edit; I have to be fair. St. 14 is the best Exotic. Other than that, Warlocks rule the armor game. But they're trash, make a Defender and shield your mates from danger in your purple dome of buff.

As I was thinking then. Thanks! By the way, every TTK copy will include a voucher to boost a character up for the expansion.

ocean

Banned
Bungie is making all the right calls.

Now they just need to announce custom/private matches.

OrnateMaleFish.gif

Competitive scene develops. Hype increases. Fun ensues. Oh man. That update would rock the community so hard.

I know I'm setting myself up for disappointment. The creators of Halo somehow don't realize how important an aspect this is. But still, a man can dream...

LiK

Bungie is making all the right calls.

Now they just need to announce custom/private matches.

OrnateMaleFish.gif

Competitive scene develops. Hype increases. Fun ensues. Oh man. That update would rock the community so hard.

I know I'm setting myself up for disappointment. The creators of Halo somehow don't realize how important an aspect this is. But still, a man can dream...

sorely needed.

GutZ31

Is there anyway to tell which Grimoire card/points you've most recently unlocked? My score went up by like 10-15 pts playing Crucible recently and I can't figure out why.

Not really as far as I know.
But most likely it had something to do with either you played on a map that you hadnt before, killed alot of people and finished a grimoire, or won enough in the game type to unlock the grimoire.

Wilde

Don't know if anyone mentioned it yet, but there is a pretty awesome looking new exotic Warlock helmet in that trailer:

OdPR9ep.jpg

Top Bottom