• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT27| Nerf Herders

Don't know if anyone mentioned it yet, but there is a pretty awesome looking new exotic Warlock helmet in that trailer:

OdPR9ep.jpg
Got a nice dog collar around his arm as well. Excited to see all the new gears coming from this expansion. Seems to be a ton of new stuff.

Blunoise

Don't know if anyone mentioned it yet, but there is a pretty awesome looking new exotic Warlock helmet in that trailer:

OdPR9ep.jpg

yea man I was looking for this when I saw the trailer. Reminds of that one pic about cosmic beings. I WILL GRIND FOR THIS!

LiK

yea man I was looking for this when I saw the trailer. Reminds of that one pic about cosmic beings. I WILL GRIND FOR THIS!

with my luck, it'll be my first drop from NF. new exotic armor gear always drops within the first 2 weeks of release for me.

ocean

Banned
So I'm only missing Skolas for the year 1 thing. Would be nice to get it. How long does it take to waste that guy now?
Next week about an hour for the entire thing. This week? 1-18 hours.

Small arms nerfs your Special and Heavy weapons super hard. Add that to being a leve below and it makes Captains an extremely serious threat. They eat tons of shotgun blasts. But wait. There's Lightswitch. They can kill your full team in one swipe while you have no quick way to kill them.

And then there's Skolas. He's not really a threat but he is a sponge with Small Arms. Takes about a billion rockets to die.

Next week it's a walk in the park in nice weather. Do it then.

ocean

Banned
Gutz...to do you know the gold chests by heart? I still need a handful and would rather a guided tour than reading directions off of the interwebs.
You up for getting those in about an hour or any time after that today? It's all I'm missing for the Triumphs thing.

Next week about an hour for the entire thing. This week? 1-18 hours.

Small arms nerfs your Special and Heavy weapons super hard. Add that to being a leve below and it makes Captains an extremely serious threat. They eat tons of shotgun blasts. But wait. There's Lightswitch. They can kill your full team in one swipe while you have no quick way to kill them.

And then there's Skolas. He's not really a threat but he is a sponge with Small Arms. Takes about a billion rockets to die.

Next week it's a walk in the park in nice weather. Do it then.
Ah hot! I'll make sure to get on it next week then :)

Either way I'd recommend writing a vague description of what's tagged so people don't have to guess, i.e. "spoiler from first story mission" or "a new emote" etc. Don't just say "WOW this new thing is CRAZY" where people have no idea what to expect.

I almost spit out my cheerios on that one.

But yea, very true points. I might have to avoid the thread entirely from Sept 15-22 as I'll be on vacation. Even if I get to play it'll be on my Vita doing random solo stuff but not sure if that'll even be worth it. Regardless, I won't really get to play until the 23rd.

Someone save me.

I'm sure for at least a week it'll be mostly spoiler tags so it's the best option to stay away if you don't want to see anything, as hard as that sounds.

purg3

slept with Malkin
Why do Warlocks get all the cool looking shit? There better be some badass looking Titan gear and exotics, Bungie. Come on.

GutZ31

Gutz...to do you know the gold chests by heart? I still need a handful and would rather a guided tour than reading directions off of the interwebs.

Lol, I can't recall them by heart. It looks like you got at least a few people that still need them, so run it without me taking up a slot and if you still need help I can come in.
I appreciate the invite, or trying to use me like a bomb sniffing dog.
lol

I won't be able to play TTK until the 23rd, 22nd at best. Who wants to go blind with me?!

I remember a couple OTs back or so, there were at least 2 people that couldn't play the first week either.

I'm down to try to gather as many people that want to go in blind then.

Warlocks are ability kings. They have the longest range melee, and it freaking buffs them on hit (unlike Defenders which get buffed on *kill*). Both subclasses have top-tier grenades - Firebolt acts like Arcbolt but can burn for super hardcore DoT. Axiom bolt will chase you to infinity and beyond. Fusion grenades stick to kill. Scatter Grenades + Nothing Manacles = two mini Gjallarhorns that you chuck with your bare hands. The Supers are also crazy good. And they easily have the best Exotic armor in the game.
Ram = tank class
Nothing Manacles = double MURDER grenades
Voidfang: Warlock Lucky Raspberry
Claws: double melee energy on the class where melee is most useful
Obsidian: Nova Bomb for dayssss

Basically Warlocks are more than super crazy awesome. Sadly, their floaty jump is absolute trash. Warlocks were a mistake. Never play one. The jump will make you want to commit suicide.

Make a Titan.

Edit; I have to be fair. St. 14 is the best Exotic. Other than that, Warlocks rule the armor game. But they're trash, make a Defender and shield your mates from danger in your purple dome of buff.

This post took me on a real journey. Love it.

E92 M3

I won't be able to play TTK until the 23rd, 22nd at best. Who wants to go blind with me?!

I remember a couple OTs back or so, there were at least 2 people that couldn't play the first week either.

I'm down to try to gather as many people that want to go in blind then.

*crickets*

:p

A flaming hammer. That you throw and smash dudes with. And it's on fire.

But there is a super named after me, of course that will be coolest ;) Also, I always fall into the camp that angel wings are cooler than hammers. That's the anime/JRPG fan of me talking, though.

uh, serious? just watch the entire video for each area and you'll easily memorize the locations.

lol...not really serious. I just like excuses to play with other people and know that GutZ is good at treasure hunting. He's going to be my go-to for exploring the dreadnought looking for whatever secrets are hidden within.

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
Dinklage is reading the trailer praise and crying. Perhaps wiping his tears away with the money he made off of 1.0, but crying.

Edit: Btw, Hawkian anniversary thread hype. You must include a Celestial Nighthawk, Hawkmoon, Hawk-emblem Hunter picture somewhere in your thread.
And Hawk cloak, yes, of course.

....but I still don't have Celestial Nighthawk :'''''((((((((((((

Anyone have a link to the SEXY clan? I'm still in GAF Raiders and I don't think I've seen anyone else in that clan for awhile.

Links to all clans are in the OP.

Is there anyway to tell which Grimoire card/points you've most recently unlocked? My score went up by like 10-15 pts playing Crucible recently and I can't figure out why.

Don't think so but you can check completed and missing ones on destinystatus.com

ocean

Banned
And Hawk cloak, yes, of course.

....but I still don't have Celestial Nighthawk :'''''((((((((((((
Whaaa
You slacking with Xur Man. If you couldn't get on your PS4 in sure someone here would have gladly bought it for you.

My Hunter can strike a Hawk loadout for pics of you want :p

Top Bottom