• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT27| Nerf Herders

WipedOut

This is true.
11007975_773846669370883_368115329_n.jpg

Replace the chicken with a box of pizza, add some red bull and vodka then you have me.

All 3 sound fun to play.
for Titans, it give them a safer offensive subclass who can work from medium range without risking a suicide Super like Striker or falling asleep with Defender (yes, Defender is boring)

for Hunters, it gives them a more usable PvE class since IMO the other two are so PvP centric.

for Warlock, it gives him a crowd control offensive subclass

GhaleonEB

for Titans, it give them a safer offensive subclass who can work from medium range without risking a suicide Super like Striker or falling asleep with Defender (yes, Defender is boring)

for Hunters, it gives them a more usable PvE class since IMO the other two are so PvP centric.

for Warlock, it gives him a crowd control offensive subclass

I can see that for Gunslinger, but not Bladedancer. It's super useful in PvE, both offensively and for the invisibility.

Skele7on

Banned
like I think 20 will be the default level, maybe 30 if you have ranked up second sub class light plays a part of the fun though as how TOUGHHHHHH are you...

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
I can see that for Gunslinger, but not Bladedancer. It's super useful in PvE, both offensively and for the invisibility.
Really even Gunslinger has its place in PvE now with Celestial Nighthawk and Khepri's Sting, even beyond niche stuff like Oracles and the Future portal Minotaur. Golden Gun has always been great for orb generation for coordinated teams.

Nothing compares to a Defender bubble in PvE or the get out of jail free card that is Fireborn, but I'd actually take either Hunter super with the right build in PvE over Fist of Havoc in most cases.

phen0m24

The year two narmerquest is about to begin.

Maybe some hunting tonight if you're around?

What Narmer on PS4 too? (Family reunion)

All aboard the Hypenaught! (does this image work?)

Oh gosh Nilla at it again count me in

Go back to sleep.

CCQgH21.gif

This one comes up with the best gifs ever

St. 14 is pretty nice, but I'd trade mine in a heartbeat for the bonuses on the ram.

Xplicit, MisterThirsty and I do the 32 PoE last night on Xbox. I have a Titan. Last week I bought a Hunter chest from Xur in case I start a Hunter. Do the 32 and what do I get?

The Ram. Darn you game! I just want a St 14

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
Is it open to non GAFers? My buddy just got Destiny but doesn't have enough people to run a blind raid with him.
Absolutely, you'll be able to give him the link. it's open to anyone at all.
There must be a neogaf example. Maybe someday I'll go back to OT one and see what I can dig up for nostalgia's sake.
There are at least 3 great ones I could think of- but the page on the old thread that had the first one I looked for was blocked by my work WebSense. :( Happens a lot when looking in old threads so I called off the search.

If you search for "ghost town December" you'll for sure find a goodie in OT9 I believe it was

Xplicit, MisterThirsty and I do the 32 PoE last night on Xbox. I have a Titan. Last week I bought a Hunter chest from Xur in case I start a Hunter. Do the 32 and what do I get?

The Ram. Darn you game!

I think you know what you have to do. What the game clearly wants you to do....PRAISE

What Narmer on PS4 too? (Family reunion)

Oh gosh Nilla at it again count me in

This one comes up with the best gifs ever

The Ram. Darn you game! I just want a St 14

X cursed me with a P&T or maybe that was homeboyd.

Jofamo

Hey guys, I have a question about The Taken King that I'm not sure if you can answer for me or not.

I have Destiny, the base game as a physics disc, with expansions 1 and 2 bought in the season pass.

I've preordered The Taken King digital edition on PSN, standard edition that's available to those who own the previous content.

Come release, will this change my copy of Destiny into a digital copy, and so I can play the game anytime without changing discs, or will The Taken King act as another expansion to the base game?

I haven't been able to find any clear information about this, hopefully someone can help?

Deku Tree

Absolutely, you'll be able to give him the link. it's open to anyone at all.

There are at least 3 great ones I could think of- but the page on the old thread that had the first one I looked for was blocked by my work WebSense. :( Happens a lot when looking in old threads so I called off the search.

If you search for "ghost town December" you'll for sure find a goodie in OT9 I believe it was

http://64.91.255.7/forum/showpost.php?p=138005545&postcount=19484

macewank

Hey guys, I have a question about The Taken King that I'm not sure if you can answer for me or not.

I have Destiny, the base game as a physics disc, with expansions 1 and 2 bought in the season pass.

I've preordered The Taken King digital edition on PSN, standard edition that's available to those who own the previous content.

Come release, will this change my copy of Destiny into a digital copy, and so I can play the game anytime without changing discs, or will The Taken King act as another expansion to the base game?

I haven't been able to find any clear information about this, hopefully someone can help?

It should act as an expansion. The $40 version of The Taken King does not include the base Destiny game.

You will still need the disc, unless you buy the legendary edition.

bitsurugi

OK, one thing still bothers me, after watching all this TTK info's:

- if all legendaries from year 1 will be pretty much obsolete, at least in PvE,...

- ... then why the need to nerf Black Hammer 2 weeks before TTK??????????

????!

Deku Tree

- if all legendaries from year 1 will be pretty much obsolete, at least in PvE,...

????!

Cozmo told us to wait and don't destroy your old legendaries yet and we haven't heard the whole story yet. And they made some vague comment about "being able to transfer the properties of your old weapons into your new weapons" whatever that means.

Skele7on

Banned

????!

Because a continually shooting 365 will probably beat a maxed new weapon.

You can essentially fuse items too, DBZ style to make BA new guns.

????!

Because infinite ammo in a sniper rifle is always going to be OP, even with a lower damage. People would totally continue to abuse it for the Spider Tank in the Sepiks strike.

ich00

Alrighty finally caught up with the thread from last night, now to try and get some work done before the hype train kicks into overdrive at 1pm.

Tjamato88

Total n00b question but when does Xur appear? Is it only on the weekends? I have a bunch of Strange Coins that I've never used.

FFMafia

????!

Crucible balancing I would guess

phen0m24

I think you know what you have to do. What the game clearly wants you to do....PRAISE

Vadernooooooo.gif lol

X cursed me with a P&T or maybe that was homeboyd.
Oh it was definitely X, "I've never gotten an exotic multiple times in a row before all these Patience and Times..."

And then you get P&T and I got darn NLB lol
I blame X lol

Top of Page edit GAF PLUG (new category)

Ok if you all watch Twitch you need to check out the Double Dutch Destroyers.

EJ Tears and Blaze (and Grim in the comments) are hilarious. I watch them playing Trials wondering if Tears will ever actually get angry.
He doesn't

They make fun of each other and Blaze for kill-stealing, and then there is typically maniacal laughter. (And clown shoes)

Link(s) in question:

Twitch.tv/shijierui (tears)
Twitch.tv/Ejrobinson90 (EJ, typically referred to as Dr. Stroopwafel or Dr. Dubbelzout)

Have fun!
And ask them about their emblem! ;)

Top Bottom