• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT27| Nerf Herders

Total n00b question but when does Xur appear? Is it only on the weekends? I have a bunch of Strange Coins that I've never used.
Weekends, but the actual time of arrival and departure will vary by your local time zone. PST he arrives Friday at 1am, and is gone Sunday at 1am. There are time charts floating around somewhere.

GhaleonEB

Really even Gunslinger has its place in PvE now with Celestial Nighthawk and Khepri's Sting, even beyond niche stuff like Oracles and the Future portal Minotaur. Golden Gun has always been great for orb generation for coordinated teams.

Nothing compares to a Defender bubble in PvE or the get out of jail free card that is Fireborn, but I'd actually take either Hunter super with the right build in PvE over Fist of Havoc in most cases.

Yup, I was rolling with Khepri's Sting on my Gunslinger last night. So much fun sneaking up on high level enemies and surprise! arsenal of doom in their face.

Take me with you guys!!!

Hey Grim, hop in!

Transformers-reversibal-backpack.jpg

macewank

OK, one thing still bothers me, after watching all this TTK info's:

- if all legendaries from year 1 will be pretty much obsolete, at least in PvE,...

- ... then why the need to nerf Black Hammer 2 weeks before TTK??????????

????!

Because a continually shooting 365 will probably beat a maxed new weapon.

You can essentially fuse items too, DBZ style to make BA new guns.

If I had to guess as to the reasoning for nerfing it, it's probably this. There are like 0 details on what the gear combination system is going to do, but I wager it's going to be some sort of a perk swap for legendary gear. i.e., "These boots look cool, but I want this perk from these other boots" or something along those lines.

The pre-nerf White Nail perk supposedly exists on the new exotic pulse rifle, so I'd imagine exotics will probably be exempt from the gear combo stuff.

Wynnebeck

Banned
Guys, I think I just hit a mental block. I'm sitting in Tower debating on even playing today. Yesterday's news info drop has made me kinda sit back and rethink what I've done in this game so far. The new changes fucks over Raid armor and weapons. So why should I bust my ass running them every week trying to get them? The game is about to change how RNG works. So why should I bust my ass every week to get a Gjallahorn and other exotics? The game is about to revamp the entire weapons hierarchy. So why should I keep playing Crucible? I almost feel like everything I've done up to this point has been meaningless when Bungie can just go in, flip a switch, and invalidate all of your hard work. I don't know if I can continue with this game. :(

P44

OK, one thing still bothers me, after watching all this TTK info's:

- if all legendaries from year 1 will be pretty much obsolete, at least in PvE,...

- ... then why the need to nerf Black Hammer 2 weeks before TTK??????????

????!

Because it would be a massive egg on their face moment if a severely underpowered in terms of attack damage ends up still being one of the most used weapons in the new expac.

macewank

Guys, I think I just hit a mental block. I'm sitting in Tower debating on even playing today. Yesterday's news info drop has made me kinda sit back and rethink what I've done in this game so far. The new changes fucks over Raid armor and weapons. So why should I bust my ass running them every week trying to get them? The game is about to change how RNG works. So why should I bust my ass every week to get a Gjallahorn and other exotics? The game is about to revamp the entire weapons hierarchy. So why should I keep playing Crucible? I almost feel like everything I've done up to this point has been meaningless when Bungie can just go in, flip a switch, and invalidate all of your hard work. I don't know if I can continue with this game. :(

Because you want to and you have fun doing it. That's the only reason anyone has ever had to play this game. If you play with any level of frequency, gear has been largely a moot point for weeks at this stage in the game. We're already 34, we've already ascended our weapons/exotics. We're just playing for giggles now.

If it's not fun, go play something else until TTK hits.

X cursed me with a P&T or maybe that was homeboyd.

Vadernooooooo.gif lol

Oh it was definitely X, "I've never gotten an exotic multiple times in a row before all these Patience and Times..."

And then you get P&T and I got darn NLB lol
I blame X lol

Top of Page edit GAF PLUG (new category)

Ok if you all watch Twitch you need to check out the Double Dutch Destroyers.

EJ Tears and Blaze (and Grim in the comments) are hilarious. I watch them playing Trials wondering if Tears will ever actually get angry.
He doesn't

They make fun of each other and Blaze for kill-stealing, and then there is typically maniacal laughter. (And clown shoes)

Link(s) in question:

Twitch.tv/shijierui (tears)
Twitch.tv/Ejrobinson90 (EJ, typically referred to as Dr. Stroopwafel or Dr. Dubbelzout)

Have fun!
And ask them about their emblem! ;)

Hahahaha that was me. You kept making fun of my 3x Patience & Time in a row so I said I hope both of yall get it from the nightfall and Thirsty did! Alongside your NLB.

Nightfall Troll

Because infinite ammo in a sniper rifle is always going to be OP, even with a lower damage. People would totally continue to abuse it for the Spider Tank in the Sepiks strike.

Yup. I was getting like 15 criticals in a row last night in NF on the Devil Walker because of that lovely perk. I am going to miss it :-(

Top of Page edit GAF PLUG (new category)

Ok if you all watch Twitch you need to check out the Double Dutch Destroyers.

EJ Tears and Blaze (and Grim in the comments) are hilarious. I watch them playing Trials wondering if Tears will ever actually get angry.
He doesn't

They make fun of each other and Blaze for kill-stealing, and then there is typically maniacal laughter. (And clown shoes)

Link(s) in question:

Twitch.tv/shijierui (tears)
Twitch.tv/Ejrobinson90 (EJ, typically referred to as Dr. Stroopwafel or Dr. Dubbelzout)

Have fun!
And ask them about their emblem! ;)

Thanks for the shout out Coronel! We're not big time streamers but you'll definitely will hear some laughter. Mostly because of Blaze pulling a Blaze. The stream is different in the way that we don't win every game with 5-0 but there's always something happening and we're having fun :)

So I finally got my first Hawkmoon out of Gorgons last week which after 800 hours was nice to see then in NF last night I get another one...

This games RNG sometimes lol.

Games are supposed to be fun not work. If crucible is fun for you right now then why does it matter what may be coming in a month? (Edit: regardless of any changes basic skills in the crucible will be as important as ever, so improving your play style & teamwork is still something you can work on rather than just grinding for gear)

If it's not fun just don't play and wait for content you find enjoyable to be added.

Thanks for the shout out Coronel! We're not big time streamers but you'll definitely will hear some laughter. Mostly because of Blaze pulling a Blaze. The stream is different in the way that we don't win every game with 5-0 but there's always something happening and we're having fun :)

Tears: "What! How did he kill me"

Every time :p

Guys, Guys!

Can you feel it?

It feels like... like a shift...

Like the general opinion of Destiny on the gaming side is somehow (we know how) gaining favor.

It feels amazing.

Hopefully I didn't just jinx it.

Ikkarus

You guys are hands down the most chilled and funniest guys I've ever had the pleasure of running with.

The real fear with you guys isn't the opponents we face but not getting a kill in Trials and being labelled "Pulling a Blaze"!

Tears: "What! How did he kill me"

Every time :p

There's only one correct answer and that is LAG.
Funny how the SoM PSN group chat is used as a wall of shame for people pulling a Blaze XD

You guys are hands down the most chilled and funniest guys I've ever had the pleasure of running with.

The real fear with you guys isn't the opponents we face but not getting a kill in Trials!

Thanks Ikkarus! It seems we have a nice little group going here and I enjoy playing with everyone. New people are still welcome though.
However, I fear the day when a screenshot gets posted with me having zero kills.

noomi

So I finally got my first Hawkmoon out of Gorgons last week which after 800 hours was nice to see then in NF last night I get another one...

This games RNG sometimes lol.

Dude, tell me about it. It was my last and most wanted exotic...I searched for MONTHS! Doing nightfalls, raids, grinding strikes every week on all three character trying to get a Hawkmoon, then one day the light.... it shined upon me and I had it drop from Crota. Since that day.... I've had like 7 or 8 drop.

RNG... it works in mysterious ways.

Top Bottom