• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT27| Nerf Herders

Top of Page edit GAF PLUG (new category)

Ok if you all watch Twitch you need to check out the Double Dutch Destroyers.

EJ Tears and Blaze (and Grim in the comments) are hilarious. I watch them playing Trials wondering if Tears will ever actually get angry.
He doesn't

They make fun of each other and Blaze for kill-stealing, and then there is typically maniacal laughter. (And clown shoes)

Link(s) in question:

Twitch.tv/shijierui (tears)
Twitch.tv/Ejrobinson90 (EJ, typically referred to as Dr. Stroopwafel or Dr. Dubbelzout)

Have fun!
And ask them about their emblem! ;)

That pretty much sums it up. Being a Son of Mithras makes my day at least once a week. Tears and Robinson are great guys, but they're also surgeons on the battlefield. When we were at Final Boss this week (after failing to make Mercury last week due to my scrubbiness), they both had 2.0 K/Ds to ensure we were making the return trip. Watch out for Double Dutch Beast Mode!

Mindlog

I bet Fermi Solution GAF could take out that Dradnaught in one pass and end Oryx before his invasion even starts.

Space Combat please.

amar212

Cozmo told us to wait and don't destroy your old legendaries yet and we haven't heard the whole story yet. And they made some vague comment about "being able to transfer the properties of your old weapons into your new weapons" whatever that means.

Care to drop a link for cozmos post for eurogaf timezoners?

Deku Tree

^ that's the reddit link

Care to drop a link for cozmos post for eurogaf timezoners?

here you go this is the GAF post link:

I would hold off on throwing any year one weapons in the trashcan just yet. We still have a lot to talk about. Several Twitch events are planned to answer all of your questions and we will give you the full schedule as soon as the away team gets back from gamescom.

Oh shit, I need to get that from you! lol. I'll run it after doing oracles 3 times. Praetorian Foil will be mounted in my vault as a trophy for the next 9 years once I finally get it.

Haha no problem. I just care about doing Oracle to Atheon 3x :p
We could save the Oracle checkpoint on all 3 of our chars.

Vadernooooooo.gif lol

Oh it was definitely X, "I've never gotten an exotic multiple times in a row before all these Patience and Times..."

And then you get P&T and I got darn NLB lol
I blame X lol

Top of Page edit GAF PLUG (new category)

Ok if you all watch Twitch you need to check out the Double Dutch Destroyers.

EJ Tears and Blaze (and Grim in the comments) are hilarious. I watch them playing Trials wondering if Tears will ever actually get angry.
He doesn't

They make fun of each other and Blaze for kill-stealing, and then there is typically maniacal laughter. (And clown shoes)

Link(s) in question:

Twitch.tv/shijierui (tears)
Twitch.tv/Ejrobinson90 (EJ, typically referred to as Dr. Stroopwafel or Dr. Dubbelzout)

Have fun!
And ask them about their emblem! ;)

Its how Trials is supposed to be played! Having fun whilst sweating your balls off in back-to-back sweaties.

Awesome plug colonel, when do we have the privilege of you joining us to pull a couple of Blazes?

Robinson is the one with the maniacal laughter, I mean, it could never be.the guy wearing a clown suit!

Take me with you guys!!!

No robot dinosaurs allowed.

Tears: "What! How did he kill me"

Every time :p

The concept of me not killing the other guy is so foreign that I can't even

:p

You guys are hands down the most chilled and funniest guys I've ever had the pleasure of running with.

The real fear with you guys isn't the opponents we face but not getting a kill in Trials and being labelled "Pulling a Blaze"!

Always a pleasure Ikkarus! We try to gather as many like-minded people as we can. I'd rather go down not caring with you guys, then feel super pressured by some ass who only complains about others
(or, your regular LFG person :p)
There's only one correct answer and that is LAG.
Funny how the SoM PSN group chat is used as a wall of shame for people pulling a Blaze XD

Thanks Ikkarus! It seems we have a nice little group going here and I enjoy playing with everyone. New people are still welcome though.
However, I fear the day when a screenshot gets posted with me having zero kills.

I will be there when you do, and you can be sure everyone will know about it. GIT GUD MATE

EDIT:
Don't sell yourself short Wheel, you and Grim contribute greatly to your Mercury runs each time. We're just there so that epic final boss pressure doesn't freeze you up ;P

Mindlog

Add me pls - we need a beer sponsor on that ship...
It's a long journey on a large old ship. In that tradition we need to go with an IPA.
Why not one of the best?
TqvMZO2.jpg

I nominate Jai Alai IPA by the Cigar City Brewing Company as the official Tooken King brew.
BA Score: 93
Bros Score: 100
ABV: 7.5%

Ok so I found out I'll be back on the 22nd, which is exactly 1 week from TTK release aka Reset Night. I'm sure I won't have a problem finding a group to run weekly with, but assuming it's like previous releases, there will be story content to go through to unlock the strikes/raid and whatever else.

To be safe, I'll be home 8pm CST on the 22nd. I'll be posting every page to see if there are any people that still are unable to play until then as well otherwise it'll be solo dolo through the story missions until I can do the regular end game stuff.

1 week delay TTK:
1) Me

I need to find the 2 people that told me way back the most likely couldn't play the first week either. Wait now that I think about it, iRawr might have been 1 of them.

Do we know whether or not Etheric Light has a place in year 2?
I'm sitting on a couple, and don't know if I should hoard them, or not.
Hell, I was planning on dropping one on a VoC, but now that seems like a bad idea.

Hell, I was planning on dropping one on a VoC, but now that seems like a bad idea.

They said they are going to some twitch reveals to talk about how your old weapons will still be useful in TTK, like how weapons can become more powerful with shard weapons. Idk, but that's all I know.

Hey congrats! Gjallarhorn soon, I can feel it!

Got a trip to mercury yet?

No Ghally yet :-( Hopefully this week. I need your godly RNG presence at Gorgons to get it, so maybe not for another a few weeks :)

Also no Mercury yet but Got really close last week with a few Gaffers. Had a 8-0 card last week after using all boons and lost our last match.

Was heart breaking but running trials has made me improve my pvp play and its experience like that learning from Gaffers(watching unstable and other GAF pvp gods here) that once I do reach Mercury, it will be amazing.

How's your trip going And Gamescom going? hopwfully you guys get to check out and play some TTK !

Absolutely dump it on the VOC if you don't have one ascended already! The gun will still be pretty damn good after TTK.

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
Games are supposed to be fun not work. If crucible is fun for you right now then why does it matter what may be coming in a month? (Edit: regardless of any changes basic skills in the crucible will be as important as ever, so improving your play style & teamwork is still something you can work on rather than just grinding for gear)

If it's not fun just don't play and wait for content you find enjoyable to be added.

i am Hawkian and I endorse this message

nOoblet16

No Ghally yet :-( Hopefully this week. I need your godly RNG presence at Gorgons to get it, so maybe not for another a few weeks :)

Also no Mercury yet but Got really close last week with a few Gaffers. Had a 8-0 card last week after using all boons and lost our last match.

Was heart breaking but running trials has made me improve my pvp play and its experience like that learning from Gaffers(watching instable and other GAF pvp gods here) that once I do reach Mercury, it will be amazing.

How's your trip going And Gamescom going? hopwfully you guys get to check out and play some TTK !
Not even going to go near Destiny, TTK comes out in a month, can't be arsed to queue up half an hour or so for that.

McArkus

They said they are going to some twitch reveals to talk about how your old weapons will still be useful in TTK, like how weapons can become more powerful with shard weapons. Idk, but that's all I know.

I hope is something like using the elemental core of one of the old raid weapons on a new weapon to generate an elemental version of the new one, like the adept guns from osiris, that would be neat and raid stuff would be still useful.

Carn82

DestinyGAF; i need some advice:

I bought the vanilla Destiny on disc, and downloaded the DLC afterwards.

Now, with the TTK coming up, and the fact that the chances are that I'm getting a second PS4; I am contemplating moving to fully digital. So I have the following question:

- I guess that if I 'buy' the digital collectors edition, I can remove my current installation and redownload the whole thing? Or will it 'transform' my current install to a digital install?

ocean

Banned
Just had one of my best Skirmish matches ever. Don't know what the hell got into me but I just went deep on these poor guys. I either had a streak of brilliance or got a team of super bad opponents (the kind which too often are on my team instead)

2FWoE5L.jpg

I can't take it. I'm reading every reply made to me and I can't find those people!

I wish I could move up my vacation a whole week.

I always have the worst luck with timing.

lt519

Ok so I found out I'll be back on the 22nd, which is exactly 1 week from TTK release aka Reset Night. I'm sure I won't have a problem finding a group to run weekly with, but assuming it's like previous releases, there will be story content to go through to unlock the strikes/raid and whatever else.

To be safe, I'll be home 8pm CST on the 22nd. I'll be posting every page to see if there are any people that still are unable to play until then as well otherwise it'll be solo dolo through the story missions until I can do the regular end game stuff.

There's a good chance I'm going to miss the release and will be looking for someone to play through the story with around that time. I'll keep you posted, when my travel schedule clears up in the next week or two, but right now it's looking like the 14-24th.

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
Hm. I wish I knew when would actually make sense to take off work. I've never preordered anything physical to be shipped to me before.

Don't sell yourself short Wheel, you and Grim contribute greatly to your Mercury runs each time. We're just there so that epic final boss pressure doesn't freeze you up ;P

Thanks, man. I do feel like I'm getting better, because I go from almost never finishing first with the Sons to almost always finishing first in random Control games. Now, if I can just stop blowing myself up with my Gjallarhorn shooting Robinson's orb on the Final Boss (those nerves).

Edit: Top-of-Page love for the Glitchers of Mithras:

Top Bottom