• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT27| Nerf Herders

purg3

slept with Malkin
After reading that reddit mega thread, I think now seems like a good time to slow down a bit and enjoy some other games until TTK launches. Didn't realize no need for Crucible/Vanguard marks going in so no need to grind anything to be prepped for launch. Still will play some crucible here and there and finish up my accomplishments though.

At first I was pretty dumbfounded by some of the changes, but after thinking about it over the last day it's not so bad. Should definitely improve the quality of life of the game going forward.

Just had one of my best Skirmish matches ever. Don't know what the hell got into me but I just went deep on these poor guys. I either had a streak of brilliance or got a team of super bad opponents (the kind which too often are on my team instead)

2FWoE5L.jpg

I don't care how you did it. Those kind of numbers in Skirmish are damn impressive. You're going to have to start your own carry train soon :p

Deku Tree

After reading that reddit mega thread, I think now seems like a good time to slow down a bit and enjoy some other games until TTK launches. Didn't realize no need for Crucible/Vanguard marks going in so no need to grind anything to be prepped for launch. Still will play some crucible here and there and finish up my accomplishments though.

At first I was pretty dumbfounded by some of the changes, but after thinking about it over the last day it's not so bad. Should definitely improve the quality of life of the game going forward.

Are you saying that your new "legendary marks" are confirmed to start at zero no matter how many crucible and vanguard marks you have now?

I hadn't read that anywhere and I always assumed they would give you at least some of the new marks in exchange for your old marks.

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
So it looks to me like Sunbreaker Hammer is just a substantially better version of Bladedancer. What am I missing? :p

ocean

Banned
So it looks to me like Sunbreaker Hammer is just a substantially better version of Bladedancer. What am I missing? :p

It looks crazy OP. I'm imagining that the Super bar will deplete more quickly than a Bladedancer's. Coupled with the slower movement it should balance out I hope?

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
It looks crazy OP. I'm imagining that the Super bar will deplete more quickly than a Bladedancer's. Coupled with the slower movement it should balance out I hope?

slower movement is a nothing tradeoff because it has a ranged attack. It looks like what you would get if Bladedancers could also shoot Golden Gun shots, lol.

I guess it probably won't have Bladedancer's options for extended duration or healing on kill...

Ikkarus

Thanks, man. I do feel like I'm getting better, because I go from almost never finishing first with the Sons to almost always finishing first in random Control games. Now, if I can just stop blowing myself up with my Gjallarhorn shooting Robinson's orb on the Final Boss (those nerves).
You're a great player Wheel and you have a great attitude to boot. We've all blown ourselves up with our own rocket launchers, some just don't own up to it. ;)

From what I've been able to tell the hammer throw only kills on direct impact. You can throw about 8 hammers.

The bigger swing is a 1HKO as well but seems to be designed more for PvE stuff. Can't imagine ever wanted to close the gap with all those shotties out there.

The lunge is an upgrade perk so I'm not sure how that balances with the others yet.

Only if you're both on your best behavior.

Can I slip into the main engine of that cabal ship at the bottom?

slower movement is a nothing tradeoff because it has a ranged attack. It looks like what you would get if Bladedancers could also shoot Golden Gun shots, lol.

I guess it probably won't have Bladedancer's options for extended duration or healing on kill...

One of the perks in the far right column says it heals when you kill an enemy with your fire which I interpret as any of your abilities.

It will probably be balanced by not giving you any damage resistance unlike Bladedancer since it's a ranged super.

with Hakken Omilon and Suros. I will exclusively divide them up for each class, like Hunter gets all Hakken (Dead Orbit), Warlock gets all Omilon (FWC) and Titan get Suros (New Monarchy)

my Titan sported red and white shaders, gold, red, whte shaders and black, red, white shaders

Are you saying that your new "legendary marks" are confirmed to start at zero no matter how many crucible and vanguard marks you have now?

I hadn't read that anywhere and I always assumed they would give you at least some of the new marks in exchange for your old marks.

You'll definitely get something for them. But to Purge's point, you can max to 200 like two weeks before launch.

It's a long journey on a large old ship. In that tradition we need to go with an IPA.
Why not one of the best?
TqvMZO2.jpg

I nominate Jai Alai IPA by the Cigar City Brewing Company as the official Tooken King brew.
BA Score: 93
Bros Score: 100
ABV: 7.5%

I want one. The internet says that the closest place that carries it is 20 miles away. I may have to call around to see if anyone local has it and just did get picked up by this beer locator site.

phen0m24

Ugh. Of course I'm seated next to colonel. Dude is going to spend the entire ride doing voice impersonations. How long is this ride? 5 weeks?

"Dang it Bobby!"
"Put the cookie down! "
"SCROTA!!!"
"Who is your daddy and what does he do?"

Narmer "Are we there yet?"

;)

Top Bottom