• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT27| Nerf Herders

E92 M3

Please put me on the train:
image.php

Is that an old avatar lol?

purg3

slept with Malkin
Are you saying that your new "legendary marks" are confirmed to start at zero no matter how many crucible and vanguard marks you have now?

I hadn't read that anywhere and I always assumed they would give you at least some of the new marks in exchange for your old marks.

Unless they just let you cash them in for rep? I'm assuming there will be no exchange for the Legendary equivalent until Bungie confirms this.

There's a good chance I'm going to miss the release and will be looking for someone to play through the story with around that time. I'll keep you posted, when my travel schedule clears up in the next week or two, but right now it's looking like the 14-24th.

Rar! Yes that'll be awesome!

Thanks, man. I do feel like I'm getting better, because I go from almost never finishing first with the Sons to almost always finishing first in random Control games. Now, if I can just stop blowing myself up with my Gjallarhorn shooting Robinson's orb on the Final Boss (those nerves).

Edit: Top-of-Page love for the Glitchers of Mithras:

You're definitely getting better just keep it up! As Tears said we didn't carry, just an extra insurance.
There are always things to improve and for us it's also a challenge to synergize with other people.
Try to keep in mind that you're there to have fun, you don't need to be nervous.

Also, I see that I made the jump there, awesome ;)

Karl2177

It didn't work too well in reach so don't expect it soon.

Space combat in Reach was alright. It just suffered from being bookended by regular Halo gameplay for the same mission. If it had more than just defeat Banshees, defeat Seraphs, and defend against 3 waves, it would have been received a lot better.

I have a question about Snapshot (and Quickdraw) for all the pro snipers out there.

This is my Her Benevolence at present: Shortgaze/Ambush, Hidden Hand, Hand-laid Stock, Unflinching.

What I'm wondering is: do I need Snapshot?

I really don't want to reroll, but I will, if that's what needs to be done. I just seem to notice that most of the time, the best snipers are using Snapshot. What's more, I heard Unstable say on his stream that Quickdraw is even better than Snapshot. But if I run Bladedancer, which is my favorite class for Trials, I get Quickdraw included with my subclass.

I doubt I'll ever be a true quick-scope master. And I like having Hand-laid Stock, because with Ambush, it puts my stability at near Praedyth's level for a second shot if I get a body shot or there are two targets. But I keep wondering: should I reroll for Snapshot?

deadduck

Full digital copy of TKK legendary edition purchased, now the drive is for MGSV...

Didn't realise I need to redownload going digital. No Destiny tonight.

I have a question about Snapshot (and Quickdraw) for all the pro snipers out there.

This is my Her Benevolence at present: Shortgaze/Ambush, Hidden Hand, Hand-laid Stock, Unflinching.

I really don't want to reroll, but I will, if that's what needs to be done. I just seem to notice that most of the time, the best snipers are using Snapshot. What's more, I heard Unstable say on his stream that Quickdraw is even better than Snapshot. But if I run Bladedancer, which is my favorite class for Trials, I get Quickdraw included with my subclass.

I doubt I'll ever be a true quick-scope master. And I like having Hand-laid Stock, because with Ambush, it puts my stability at near Praedyth's level for a second shot if I get a body shot or there are two targets. But I keep wondering: should I reroll for Snapshot?

I'd keep that roll because it will take forever to get shortgaze, hidden hand, and unflinching again. Snapshot is nice but I don't think it's worth the time or weapon parts.

ChrisDM

DestinyGAF; i need some advice:

I bought the vanilla Destiny on disc, and downloaded the DLC afterwards.

Now, with the TTK coming up, and the fact that the chances are that I'm getting a second PS4; I am contemplating moving to fully digital. So I have the following question:

- I guess that if I 'buy' the digital collectors edition, I can remove my current installation and redownload the whole thing? Or will it 'transform' my current install to a digital install?

I have this exact same question. I also wonder if I just buy the $40 TTK that is just the expansion if that would allow me to load up Destiny without the disc. That'd be amazing.

EDIT LIFE

You will still need the disc, unless you buy the legendary edition.

Ahh and here is the answer to my question. Where was this mentioned?

X-Frame

I made a Reddit thread about not wanting a Level 41 Hard Raid and I am surprised by the amount of people who disagree with me.

I could have sworn there was a huge outcry over HM CE being Level 33 at the time and then again with Skolas.

Maybe I'm wrong though.

Ikkarus

I'm not a pro sniper but I think your roll is perfectly fine. In fact I have the very same roll on my Hunters HB.

Whilst QuickDraw and SnapShot are great so is Hand-Laid Stock. Increasing stability is not to underestimated.

Lastly come TTK the sniper will be less useful so I really wouldn't spend any more weapon parts, motes etc.

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
Thursday, 8/6/15 - 9:00PM EST - Vault of Glass - Normal - Sign Up Here (5 spots left)

These are weekly raids available to all, but intended for newbies. Bring your highest leveled character, your best weapon, and your most patient self! All encounters will be explained (quickly, but still) as though it was a brand new group, so please be willing to listen. The only restriction on attendance is that participants shouldn't come two weeks in row, just to allow many different GAF Guardians to cycle through. There is no pressure to understand anything before having it explained, and no pointing fingers when things break down. We will laugh at ourselves when we wipe, and then do better the next attempt.

During Crota's End newbie raids, participants are welcome to try out the Sword against Crota if desired, but no one is required to do so. Instructions will follow upon reaching the Crota checkpoint.

Minimum level for Vault of Glass Normal is 26.
Minimum level for Crota's End is 29/31 for running the sword.
I made a Reddit thread about not wanting a Level 41 Hard Raid and I am surprised by the amount of people who disagree with me.

I could have sworn there was a huge outcry over HM CE being Level 33 at the time and then again with Skolas.

Maybe I'm wrong though.
The forced underleveling is garbage, though I mind it less for PoE than a Raid. Straight garbage though, it has no place in any game, let alone a first-person shooter.

Lnkn52

^ Life is back to normal here in the threads.

Maybe I'm wrong though.

You're still at 79% upvotes, so it's not that bad.

todd360

Maybe I'm wrong though.

Everything was downvotes.

todd360

Thursday, 8/6/15 - 9:00PM EST - Vault of Glass - Normal - Sign Up Here (5 spots left)

These are weekly raids available to all, but intended for newbies. Bring your highest leveled character, your best weapon, and your most patient self! All encounters will be explained (quickly, but still) as though it was a brand new group, so please be willing to listen. The only restriction on attendance is that participants shouldn't come two weeks in row, just to allow many different GAF Guardians to cycle through. There is no pressure to understand anything before having it explained, and no pointing fingers when things break down. We will laugh at ourselves when we wipe, and then do better the next attempt.

During Crota's End newbie raids, participants are welcome to try out the Sword against Crota if desired, but no one is required to do so. Instructions will follow upon reaching the Crota checkpoint.

Minimum level for Vault of Glass Normal is 26.
Minimum level for Crota's End is 29/31 for running the sword.

The forced underleveling is garbage, though I mind it less for PoE than a Raid. Straight garbage though, it has no place in any game, let alone a first-person shooter.

And I will be teaching a course in the Trials of Osiris on Friday. There will be plenty of fingerpointing and screaming. I will break you down and then build you back up.

vctor182

Bored at job, random thought of today

-Be Gunslinger
-Equip Symbiote
-Use Golden Gun
-Switch to Blade Dancer with Blink
-???
-Blink and shoot away!

Has a hunter tried this before? is it even possible?

Maybe I'm wrong though.

I completely agree. This is the cheapest way to increase difficulty in my opinion. Being a level below your enemies in PvE puts you at such a large attack and armor disadvantage. This is part of why I don't like Skolas and part of why I never played Crota Hard until after House of Wolves.

And if anyone needs help during any night for raids or POE, send me a invite on PSN I'm down to help any one, including new people.

Anastasis

And I will be teaching a course in the Trials of Osiris on Friday. There will be plenty of fingerpointing and screaming. I will break you down and then build you back up.

I still haven't set foot in there. I don't know if i can do it! Must level my Thorn to level the playing field!

ich00

Maybe I'm wrong though.

I agree with you, it's lazy. Crota HM is super easy now that we're the right level. PoE it isn't as bad and I still think at the right level it would still be a bit of a challenge, just stick modifiers that make it such, dont make me fight below level.

i am so happy, my new spice rack and knives came. you, destinygaf, need this information.

Ah but do you have a good set of pots and pans? That's the holy trinity right there: good knives, good pans/pots, lotsa spices.

Maybe I'm wrong though.

Skolas and Hard CE are just apples and oranges is all. The Skolas fight doesn't have one single yellow bar, so the adds are manageable. The level disadvantage is actually more salient in Rounds 4 and 5 where yellow bar Captains and Servitors laugh at even your G-Horn. Skolas actually feels balanced around the fact that you are underleved, whereas Hard CE really made you feel that level disadvantage, imo.

Also, a lot people in that thread are conflating 'I don't want overleveled enemies' with 'I don't want a hard mode.' I, for one, agree with you. Add mechanics or enemies that increase the difficulty of the raid at max level, and I think it will surely make for a more interesting raid. Plus, it will keep the content challenging when the level cap eventually increases.

Future

I'm not a pro sniper but I think your roll is perfectly fine. In fact I have the very same roll on my Hunters HB.

Whilst QuickDraw and SnapShot are great so is Hand-Laid Stock. Increasing stability is not to underestimated.

Lastly come TTK the sniper will be less useful so I really wouldn't spend any more weapon parts, motes etc.

Sorry if this is retread, but why will snipers be less useful? I thought the hype was shotgun and hand gun nerfs. Are snipers getting nerfed too?

I forgot about TTK. That settles it.

Also, Shadow of the Veils doesn't have it, and Robinson seems to be doing just fine in Trials without it (or Unflinching for that matter).

Yes!

Bittersteel! Rank 10 on my Titan. Now I have every DO shader *dances*

Still need the ship though!

Just curious: how many ranks total do you have with DO? I know it doesn't really indicate anything, as it's RNG, but I am sort of miffed that I got Bittersteel and Revenant by Rank 13 with my Hunter and have had over ~35 rankups since between 3 character with no shader. I did get the ship, though, so maybe I should STFU.

Sorry if this is retread, but why will snipers be less useful? I thought the hype was shotgun and hand gun nerfs. Are snipers getting nerfed too?

Because all Year 1 legendaries will be obsolete for activities like Trials where level and gear matters for damage numbers. Everyone will be using a Year 2 400 Sniper or whatever.

Bored at job, random thought of today

-Be Gunslinger
-Equip Symbiote
-Use Golden Gun
-Switch to Blade Dancer with Blink
-???
-Blink and shoot away!

Has a hunter tried this before? is it even possible?

Your Bubble disappears immediately if you switch to Striker after having activated the Defender super. I would think the same thing would happen here and the GG would just go away when you switched subclasses.

Top Bottom