• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT28| Nolan Beyond

dB Viper

I might just spend all my 1200 marks. If the commendations are going to the postmaster, they might be lost since I am farming the public event packages... who knows, maybe those public event packages are obsolete now too. lol

TLW upgrade though

nmZGoVFFXUaNZZHUviEK.png

all is forgiven

Get all the planetary mats that you can, ASAP via your current marks.
Make your faction reps as close to full as possible.
Get all the heavy synths you can. Do them weeklies!
Enjoy guns the way they are now and possibly not available in year 2.
More legendary year 1 guns = more legendary marks = more engrams for new stuff!

I'm convinced!!!!

and dont forget to buy lots of Red Bull to make those XP gains even faster when TTK drops!

rNilla

Based on what we've seen so far it looks like Year 2 Exotic Blueprints of Year 1 weapons need to be earned somehow. You don't just get them automatically.

what is this from?

thanks

if the new system leads to "builds" and more weapons being viable for encounters then good riddance to the Fatebringer/Blackhammer/Gally days I am sick of running the same stuff over and over.

ME TOO!!

I am getting sick of Fatebringer. FATEBRINGER!

It's a shanda. Infusion will let me run with whatever I want however I want.

Best goddamned game of all time, I'm fucking calling it.

-Did they say anything or address if the emblem/shader/ship/exotic collections will pull from stuff you had previously but no longer have or not?

I really, really want it to be retroactive with respect to deleted items, but I kind of feel like them not saying it means that it's not. Would be nice to get confirmation, though.

lt519

Might be the case, but that's definitely not what was said on the stream.

Yeah was just having this discussion IRL with my friend. I think the confusion comes down to Year 1 Exotics showing on the screen but not having been acquired (they are grayed out). The mismatch between what people saw in the Teaser (Hawkmoon was avail in the teaser but not the stream) is from the streamer not actually having Hawkmoon. Someone will lay it all out soon though. The streamer literally said the first thing he was going to do was come buy his Year 2 stuff. In other words not having a Year 1 still showed but was gray in the blueprint screen whereas they hid all the Year 2 stuff and only showed it if you had the Year 1 item acquired. Probably to hide the new exotics and keep them a fun surprise.

I really, really want it to be retroactive with respect to deleted items, but I kind of feel like them not saying it is means that it's not. Would be nice to get confirmation, though.

Don't think it's really reasonable to expect them to have tracked whether you've collected some rare shader in the past. Maybe the legendary's since they triggered on certain events. Maybe we'll be surprised but I highly doubt it.

I missed the vault stuff cause they called me back for my dentist appointment. I'm in the chair now. Can someone reply with a recap about vault space? I won't be able to catch the end until I am home in about and hour :/

LiK

I missed the vault stuff cause they called me back for my dentist appointment. I'm in the chair now. Can someone reply with a recap about vault space? I won't be able to catch the end until I am home in about and hour :/

double the space, that's about it.

Mindlog

What are commendations going to be used for again?
250 Rep if it works like last time.
Double space, but emblems, shaders and ships can now be dismantled and stored from a Kiosk next to Eva Levante.

rNilla

Might be the case, but that's definitely not what was said on the stream.

Yeah was just having this discussion IRL with my friend. I think the confusion comes down to Year 1 Exotics showing on the screen but not having been acquired (they are grayed out). The mismatch between what people saw in the Teaser (Hawkmoon was avail in the teaser but not the stream) is from the streamer not actually having Hawkmoon. Someone will lay it all out soon though. The streamer literally said the first thing he was going to do was come buy his Year 2 stuff. In other words not having a Year 1 still showed but was gray in the blueprint screen whereas they hid all the Year 2 stuff and only showed it if you had the Year 1 item acquired. Probably to hide the new exotics and keep them a fun surprise.

You're right. I get it now. Those pages are confusing. I didn't understand the grayed out Year 1s meant they didn't actually own the weapon. Makes sense.

Klyka

Banned
Wait so material besides Heavy ammo can be exchanged? It goes towards whatever faction you're tied too right?

You can align with one faction at a time. All vanguard and crucible rep you earn you earn AS WELL for that faction. So you get 10 vanguard rep for a bounty means you ALSO get 100 rep for your faction.
You can talk to your current faction leader and turn in all kinds of stuff like ammo and marks and mats to get rep from them too.

Lee

Wait so material besides Heavy ammo can be exchanged? It goes towards whatever faction you're tied too right?

Correct. Not pulling the stream back up but it was 4 special synths, one heavy synth, one mote of light... and two other options I can't remember.

lt519

Luke tweeted that Year 1 legendaries won't break down into legendary marks.

Oh wow that's disappointing. I hope they reveal something about the Year One Raid Weapons doing something special otherwise I will be scrapping a lot of things for Weapon Parts.

Born2Live

Year 2 has me hyped.

Happy with everything that was shown today. Thought I had my Destiny addiction kicked but the TTK is going to pull me right back in again, and I can't wait.

rNilla

So there wasn't actually a reason to hold off on dismantling legendaries we weren't otherwise going to keep, was there?

Yeah, but Bungie official said to definitely not shard anything yet. Emphatically. So something may be up there.

Seems like today would have been a good day to reveal anything related to this.

Ah I didn't notice they were that specific with the exotic upgrades. We'll know all soon enough I suppose. The info drop today was good but there is still stuff up in the air and not much explicit clarification.

Yeah. I'm liking every other thing I saw. I just like to focus my discussion on things I feel that are not being handled correctly. Gear is phased out much to quickly in this game. This is where the analogies to existing MMO's break down. Tons of people just got gjallarhorn for the first time this weekend. If there are not year 2 versions for the all of the PS exclusive weapons (which I think I saw all of them), then that would be criminal. I think I saw all three, but if someone can post a screenshot verifying I'd appreciate it.

delume

Thread is moving fast..

Everything you have (raid materials) can be traded in for motes of light or glimmer at the Speaker. We don't know about Etheric Light yet. Exotic Shards can still be used Year 2 to purchase Year 1 exotics from the blue print machine from what we've seen. Commendations can be used to gain rep, marks will be converted into new commendations when TTK hits and a new type of mark will have to be earned. I wouldn't worry too much; glimmer, motes of light, and the new legendary marks seem to be the main currency. So if you are out of room trade some old materials for motes or glimmer.

That was where the Year 1 Heavy and Special Weapons were, they flipped back to Page 1 to show Year 2 Exotics and Year 1 Primaries. This is all from memory but I think it is correct.

1 Heavy Ammo, I'm spending everything I have on Heavy Ammo.

Thank you!

Top Bottom