• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT28| Nolan Beyond

Frenden

Banned
Bungie tweeted not to shard stuff yet! Just hang on until we know for sure why they insisted on that.

Guns may not turn into marks, but there seems to be something else up with them.

Bungie:

Remember, Guardians. No matter what you learned today on the stream, don't Dismantle a thing before you start to play The Taken King.

lt519

I think they have something in store for the raid legendary weapons they haven't told us yet. I would be shocked if they were completely useless.

Lee

Luke tweeted that Year 1 legendaries won't break down into legendary marks.

Luke Smith ‏@thislukesmith 1h1 hour ago
Only Year 2 Legendaries will dismantle into Legendary Marks. Year 1 Legendaries shard into whatever they shard into right now.

Well fuck...

LTWood12

53YXHzvl.jpg

So from the image capped yesterday, we can additionally confirm the following weapons aren't moving forward into year 2.
-Nechrocasm
-Hard Light
-Thorn
-Vex Mythoclast

Langy

Anyone up for a run through on Crota? need 4 people. psn is Langoit

1. Langoit
2. Langoit friend

We go when full...

lt519

Just went back and watched the reveal trailer. Look at year 2 primaries, specifically Bad Juju and Red Death.

From the stream today.

From Youtube yesterday.

Bad Juju and Red Death occupy the same slot.

Quoting for new page, that's interesting. They are still switching things around, lmao. I trust the stream today to be the most up to date. But it'd be strange of them to make new models and then ditch them.

LiK

Nechrochasm turns out to be the biggest troll ever if it's not being carried forward. it took the most time and effort to obtain.

I ment 2.0 version of exotics, they seem to have base attack lvl of 280, so you will need to upgrade them to make them end game weapons

Right that's fine, upgrade paths for year 2 items is not a problem yet. My concern is for all of the year 1 exotics that do not have year 2 counterparts. They are being phased out. It is annoying that the year 2 versions of the select exotics that we already own have to be upgraded again, but it is expected for such a grind-centric game at this point.

Woo! On mobile so thanks for all the replies! Excited to see the end of the stream myself. I need that Year 1 4th Horseman now than never. Guess it's POE and Trials for me this week since Crota and NFs are done.

Quoting for new page, that's interesting. They are still switching things around, lmao. I trust the stream today to be the most up to date. But it'd be strange of them to make new models and then ditch them.

Heres the post with pics.

Just went back and watched the reveal trailer. Look at year 2 primaries, specifically Bad Juju and Red Death.

From the stream today.

Bad Juju and Red Death occupy the same slot.

So are you telling me that only some exotics are getting upgraded? I think that's a dumb idea. It should be all or nothing. That just makes no sense to me.

What makes an exotic worthy of being upgraded compared to another one. It just feels kinda pointless.

FyreWulff

So are you telling me that only some exotics are getting upgraded? I think that's a dumb idea. It should be all or nothing. That just makes no sense to me.

What makes an exotic worthy of being upgraded compared to another one. It just feels kinda pointless.

the upgrading exotics are not final and more can be introduced later

Eh, I'm pretty sure that it's the gear you're wearing that determines your level, not you have in the vault.

they said right on stream they'll scan both your character and your vault to determine your max potential level

Lee

Your new level in TTK will be based on all your gear and weapons. so they don't want you to dismantle all your stuff before they calculate your new level.

Averaged? So I should shard everything but my highest stat piece in each slot.

/s

Then why do they keep telling us not to dismantle anything???? I have a full vault of weapons, stop playing with my emotions here Bungie.

Because they will calculate your level from your equipped Y1 gear and they're trying to guard against people dismantling everything and having nothing to build level off of.

I'm betting it's not a warning for people with dozens of legendaries in every slot. I'm still keeping everything, but this is my guess.

LiK

i think most of the OP exotics are gonna take more time to tweak so they're probably holding off on bringing them in day one.

Yeah what's most likely what's going on. We've played the game so long that we no longer understand how the economy works. Two hundred Marks across three characters is fine. You can grind all week without hitting a cap now!

It reminds me of the time before Dark Below when we were told that upgrading exotics would be an 'immediate jump in power' when the people actually playing the game knew that losing perks would actually be a significant reduction in power and usefulness.

If prices are reduced by 1/6 across the board then I'll apologize.

Prices don't need to be reduced.

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
Ok This I would have loved to see myself, like Hawkian said:

Cryptarch LEGENDARY ENGRAMS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I can't take this anymore. Take my soul, Bungie. Take it all
wtf is wrong with my brain. I saw this and just highlighted it without a second thought even though it is SPECIFICALLY ADDRESSED TO ME ABOUT NOT DOING THAT.

that's pretty cool though. I don't know if anything can repair our relationship but it's nice that he's trying.

Eh, I'm pretty sure that it's the gear you're wearing that determines your level, not you have in the vault.

As I understood it, the game crunches the numbers using the gear you have equipped, on your character or in the vault to assign your level. So as long as you have light 42 gear for a character you should be level 34 in TTK.

The interesting thing is I swear he said something about finding a new exotic to replace some of the ones you can't carry forward like Red Death, etc. I'd like to rewatch that part.

I just rewatched that part. He says what will be the next Gjallarhorn, Red Death, Thorn, The Last Word. I think he's just naming popular exotics.

Interesting, from Reddit

Bungie revealed a lot to us today about how light level and attack/defense will work in TTK. Notably, damage given/taken will no longer be linked to individual items and instead will be determined by an average "light level" across all weapons and armor.

In the stream, we were shown that year 1 weapons will have a light level of 160, and this will be fixed (ONLY year 2 weapons can be infused to increase light level). However, we need to stop thinking of this number as an individual attack level and instead a small number as part of a greater picture.

Other weapons/armor were shown at level 280 and 290, and I would assume there's still hidden raid gear that will probably be 300. However, let's just go with standard level 280 vendor gear.

If you equip a level 160 fatebringer and then level 280 everything else (special/heavy weapon, helmet/gauntlet/chest/boot/ghost/class item) your light total will become 160 + (280 x 8) = 2400. Your average light level will be 2400 / 9 = 266.66 (repeating, of course). This level will determine your damage output.

Compare that to having all 280 level gear: 280 x 9 = 2,520, and 2,520 / 9 = 280.

So, your average light difference will be around 14, being level 266 instead of 280. This is a < 5% difference in damage output.

So, while you won't be absolutely maxed out, you can still be quite effective with year 1 guns! This seems like a good compromise on Bungie's part and leaves me satisfied with the current upgrade plans.

GhaleonEB

So, what we did not see:

Eris
Vanguard quartermaster/weapons
Ship lady
Artifacts, though he had one equipped
Xur
The Reef

Still some stuff to discover when TTK lands. Curious what Eris' has on offer now.

Interesting, from Reddit

Not how it works. Light is a damage/armor buff on top of the item stat.

Daemul

As I understood it, the game crunches the numbers using the gear you have equipped, on your character or in the vault to assign your level. So as long as you have light 42 gear for a character you should be level 34 in TTK.

In the stream, they said the process will look at all your armor in your inventory and vault to determine your starting level.

Edit: beaten soundly

Is there going to be anyone dumb enough to delete their light 42 armour before TTK comes out though? Wait, let me take that back, yes there will.

lt519

I just rewatched that part. He says what will be the next Gjallarhorn, Red Death, Thorn, The Last Word. I think he's just naming popular exotics.

Ok so he listed things both confirmed to be Year 2's and things we think might not be Year 2's. So nothing to dissect from there. Thought he might of been implying which weapons won't be brought over. Thanks for the clarification!

I'll always have a soft spot for Bungie in my heart but I fucking hate how they troll us.

I mean it's kind of funny

Top Bottom