• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT28| Nolan Beyond

lt519

Maybe. I don't remember seeing it at the gunsmith. That's why I said "seems". Could be there.

Yeah, I'm happy to see it go. Or at least a retooled version of it. Diablo 3 had a sinister reforging mechanism where every time you rolled a weapon the cost doubled. It was killer because after 10 rolls you just couldn't afford to do it anymore.

stb

Hope you're right but I doubt xp needed to level is linear since it isn't linear from 1-20.

We also likely won't be able to get the NF bonus since it should be close to lvl 40.

Even if it's not linear, 85k is a shit-ton of XP. Good point about the NF level, though.

Decided to give skirmish a go today

BZMmTHL.jpg

Fuckig AFKer piece of shit. Reported that fucking guy goddamn it.

I lost because of him of fucking course.

Dave_6

Maybe. I don't remember seeing it at the gunsmith. That's why I said "seems". Could be there.

I think it's still there for Year 1/HoW stuff.

Also, am I wrong about the Year 2 Light Beyond Nemesis having the option to be either Intellect or Discipline? I was kinda busy at that time and couldn't watch that part closely.

Lee

I imagine that everyone sayings not to shard things means the collections will only contain items you have on 9/15, so no luck on getting all those titan and warlock exotic unlocks that I sharded back when I only had a hunter, or all the shaders I discarded because I had thunderdevil before the masses.

Oh well.

SnakeEyes

Banned
There were no Reforging icons on the Gunsmith screen, but bear in mind that you have to have a reforgable weapon equipped. What I did see though is that the weapons they did show (like the SUROS Scout Rifle) didn't show a Reforging icon. It's probably safe to assume that reforging is gone.

shermas

You can only pledge one faction per week.

Across 3 toons, though... I've got one DO guy, one NM guy and one FWC guy... do I have to pledge with them, each week, to earn rep? If so, that's 7500, per week, that I've got to spend with my shared glimbank.

Does the pledge 'reset' each week or something, or is it like a cloak that we have now... a one time purchase?

lt519

I imagine that everyone sayings not to shard things means the collections will only contain items you have on 9/15, so no luck on getting all those titan and warlock exotic unlocks that I sharded back when I only had a hunter, or all the shaders I discarded because I had thunderdevil before the masses.

Oh well.

I doubt they were keeping track back then. Probably in a recent patch they started to. Although they do have things like grimoire to look at to see what exotics you've acquired (is that weapons only?)

Lee

Yeah, I'm happy to see it go. Or at least a retooled version of it. Diablo 3 had a sinister reforging mechanism where every time you rolled a weapon the cost doubled. It was killer because after 10 rolls you just couldn't afford to do it anymore.

That's brilliant.

Re-rolling was a terrible idea, but not having rerolling and having a few people end up with OP guns due to RNG isn't that great either. Bungie needs to get their perk balance right and fix the all the broken perks out there so that there isn't one ideal perk roll per archetype.

LordofPwn

There were no Reforging icons on the Gunsmith screen, but bear in mind that you have to have a reforgable weapon equipped. What I did see though is that the weapons they did show (like the SUROS Scout Rifle) didn't show a Reforging icon. It's probably safe to assume that reforging is gone.

reforging was still at the gunsmith in the stream. they just didnt talk about it, and none of the year 2 stuff had reforge icons

shermas

Side note... just got an email from Bungie... 'shermas, the twitch reveal of TTK begins soon! Stream begins at 11AM PST'

Bungie, pls

LTWood12

Actually, it's "Bungie" saying one thing, Luke saying another, and prominent community member agreeing with Bungie.

No, they literally said we could go ahead and dismantle that stuff on the stream. Now Datto is saying the opposite.

Wait, did they? I completely and totally missed this if they said that.

Yes. When they were going over the emblem, shader, and ship collections etc, one of the three guys (not Deej) said we could go ahead and dismantle any of those things today and they would still be in the collection on 9/15.

Across 3 toons, though... I've got one DO guy, one NM guy and one FWC guy... do I have to pledge with them, each week, to earn rep? If so, that's 7500, per week, that I've got to spend with my shared glimbank.

Does the pledge 'reset' each week or something, or is it like a cloak that we have now... a one time purchase?

I'm assuming the Faction Badge will go into our "mission" grouping on our Inventory. This way it is non transferable to the vault. Then I assume it just stays there and can be dismantled. Pure speculation though.

Lee

It sounds like a one time purchase, and you only pay when you want to change it. Good point on the multiple pledges vs. shared glimmer pool. That sucks...

ocean

Banned

Oh I'll show myself out lol should have got that

On the other hand: faction rep gains on to of, not instead of, Vanguard and Crucible.

zewone

Decided to give skirmish a go today

BZMmTHL.jpg

Fuckig AFKer piece of shit. Reported that fucking guy goddamn it.

I lost because of him of fucking course.

The afk guy did better the the 2nd guy (600 points vs. 800 points for the other team)

I'd take an 0-6 guy vs the shit partners i always get.

Korosenai

Will I still need all of these weapon parts in year 2? Or should I use them now to reroll a perfect her benevolence before weapon rerolling goes away?

lt519

That's brilliant.

Re-rolling was a terrible idea, but not having rerolling and having a few people end up with OP guns due to RNG isn't that great either. Bungie needs to get their perk balance right and fix the all the broken perks out there so that there isn't one ideal perk roll per archetype.

You also only got to re-roll one attribute at a time but once you rolled one perk slot you could never roll another perk slot. It actually made it easier to get the perfect gear since you didn't have to nail 3 perks with one roll but the pool for one perk slot was usually out of 6 or 7 different perks and then the perk itself had different values once you got it. So odds of getting that perfect roll on any given instance were pretty bad and you'd snowball from paying 15,000 gold to 1,000,000 gold per re-roll really really fast. It was just in many ways harder to get the perfect weapon but still a good solution to get a better weapon that better fit your play style.

FyreWulff

That's brilliant.

I think ever year 2 gun has the same roll, and now all the perk trees all have hard decisions to make instead of One True Buildism.

for example the Year 2 Suros Regime now has a choice between the RoF slowing down but getting super accurate when zoomed, or increasing RoF as you fire (like Thunderlord) but it starts off slower.

Trakan

celebrants of oryx have been in the game since day 1. They areat the warmind in patrol but not when you do the mission. It's a yellow bar Knight with a shitload of health.

Top Bottom