• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT28| Nolan Beyond

Agent

Just wanted to offer this to fellow DGAF friends first, but I have 3 spare Black Ops 3 Beta codes if anyone would like one. Just PM me if you want one, first 3 will get.

Edit: all gone.

Frenden

Banned
It's entirely possible he meant "you can get rid of them now" within the context of 2.0 and not necessarily "right now in time."

That's how I took it. If you don't have it on you when TTK drops, I doubt the game kept track of all guardian drops forever and ever previously.

Something else I was thinking, you don't have to wear the faction class item anymore, but the class item he showed from the speaker had a perk for faster reputation gain for the Vanguard, not to mention the HMG buff. Would I be wrong to assume that a New Monarchy class item would have a perk for faster reputation gains with New Monarchy? So aren't we right back where we started?

FyreWulff

Something else I was thinking, you don't have to wear the faction class item anymore, but the class item he showed from the speaker had a perk for faster reputation gain for the Vanguard, not to mention the HMG buff. Would I be wrong to assume that a New Monarchy class item would have a perk for faster reputation gains with New Monarchy? So aren't we right back where we started?

you earn vanguard and faction rep at the same time now

ocean

Banned
Thursday, 8/20/15 - 9:00PM EST - Vault of Glass - Normal - Sign Up Here (5 spots left)

These are weekly raids available to all, but intended for newbies. Bring your highest leveled character, your best weapon, and your most patient self! All encounters will be explained (quickly, but still) as though it was a brand new group, so please be willing to listen. The only restriction on attendance is that participants shouldn't come two weeks in row, just to allow many different GAF Guardians to cycle through. There is no pressure to understand anything before having it explained, and no pointing fingers when things break down. We will laugh at ourselves when we wipe, and then do better the next attempt.

During Crota's End newbie raids, participants are welcome to try out the Sword against Crota if desired, but no one is required to do so. Instructions will follow upon reaching the Crota checkpoint.

Minimum level for Vault of Glass Normal is 26.
Minimum level for Crota's End is 29/31 for running the sword.
Signed up my little brother. He's really into the game!!!

Got carried by 13devils to kickstart his Guardian career. Now he's off doing crap with LFG, did NF+PoE 32 today :p but I asked him not to raid with LFG so he could have a nice experience with the master guide.

http://www.twitch.tv/bungie/v/11727800

At 26 minutes they're talking about emblems, shaders, etc. That's where he says you can dismantle them now.

You're misinterpreting what he said.

He said "You can safely get rid of them now". But in context he's talking about in The Taken King. He doesn't mean you can get rid of them now, he means when you're playing The Taken King you will be able to safely get rid of your emblems to make room for a new one.

EloquentM

aka Mannny
Just imagine what fuckery awaits us in year 2 guys. We went through all the bullshit of year 1 in the past 10s of pages. Can't wait to see what new stuff zaniness will outdo year 1.

LTWood12

He said "You can safely get rid of them now". But in context he's talking about in The Taken King. He doesn't mean you can get rid of them now, he means when you're playing The Taken King you will be able to safely get rid of your emblems to make room for a new one.

I mean, I don't plan to dismantle any of that stuff anyway. Thats just how I took it. You may be right, but either way neither of our interpretations are confirmed.

kidko

Stream was great, happy about the tower changes, light changes etc. Sword looks rad af.

They said don't shard stuff so I'm not gonna shard stuff.

Myself and two friends still need flawless raider for the platinum, wondering if anyone wants to Sherpa us through it tonight around 1030-1100 pacific?

I just yelled at my buddy for sharding a suros last night and 20 minutes later I sharded a Monte Carlo without even thinking about it :/

I have to agree, he said it in the context of the build that they are playing.

FyreWulff

Also, consolidating marks means PvE centric people can truly be PvE centric, and PvP the same way, which is pretty cool, and still be relevant in the in-game economy

Welp.

CMzaZwCWcAATypB.png:large

Smh.

Agent

Gave out all CODBO3 codes I had. If I come across more I'll post. Congrats to Colonel, FyreWulff, and Mango Sentinel.

I'm using this as a bridge to TTK release for something new to play. It's my first time playing COD since the original Black Ops, so almost 5 years now.

Looking to get a HM VoG run going, starting as soon as we are full. Unless someone out there has gorgons to share, thinking of starting fresh and swapping out at gorgons 3x before finishing it. If there is interest, I'd love to wrap with 3x Atheon.

1. Teasing_Pink (psn same as gaf)

shermas

Stream was great, happy about the tower changes, light changes etc. Sword looks rad af.

They said don't shard stuff so I'm not gonna shard stuff.

I think it's pretty safe to say that, most of us can probably shard a few things and still be A-OK when the game drops... If I finally get rid of some of the POS queen weapons or legendary pea shooters I'm dragging around on my Warlock (he's kind of become my Trash loot sherpa), I hope it doesn't ruin my initial ranking.

I have yellow armor, almost all exotic weapons, 100's of motes, strange coins, AssMats, etc. We are the 1%... we should be okay.

I mean, I don't plan to dismantle any of that stuff anyway. Thats just how I took it. You may be right, but either way neither of our interpretations are confirmed.

With Bungie's tweet that went out after the stream urging you to not dismantle anything, I think it's safe to assume that is what Tyson was trying to convey during the stream. Just listen to the context. It makes sense.

Top Bottom