• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT28| Nolan Beyond

shermas

O55rU9l.png

5 spinmetal = love.

GhaleonEB

Maybe. I don't remember seeing it at the gunsmith. That's why I said "seems". Could be there.

I think they replaced re-rolling with Armsday, which fits in with the theme of reducing RNG aspects in favor of known loot streams.

In HoW you could re-roll stuff and hope for the best.

Now you have more dedicated sources of specific legendary gear (factions, Armsday, quests), and use unwanted ones to infuse what you have, or shard for marks.

so whats the word on our existing vanguard and crucible marks? will they go away and become 200 marks, or are they just gonna disapear?

If so, I got a lot of spinmetal to buy. already have 400 each in the vault. but whats 400 on each character?

so whats the word on our existing vanguard and crucible marks? will they go away and become 200 marks, or are they just gonna disapear?

If so, I got a lot of spinmetal to buy. already have 400 each in the vault. but whats 400 on each character?

They become a commendation which you break down for rep.

SnakeEyes

Banned
reforging was still at the gunsmith in the stream. they just didnt talk about it, and none of the year 2 stuff had reforge icons
Shit, you're right - Reforging is still there at the Gunsmith, it was just hidden. It may just be Year 1 guns, because that's all that DeeJ had equipped on his Warlock, but they are showing up in the Gunsmith.

They vanish and turn into commendations, that you can spend for faction rep. Your legendary marks start at zero. But it seems like planetary materials are no longer for sale at the vanguard / crucible vendors.

Might be worth blowing marks on planetary mats to stash now, then save up again during the two weeks prior to ttk launch to be at cap for commendations. At least, that's what my plan is.

phen0m24

So whomever was the one that said to put on low level armor and help people in the Weekly I just did that and it was fun.

Switched down to 30 and 29 just to pop back up to 34.

Ended up the last weekly with a 29 and a 32 and I had about 80 kills, the next guy had 18 and the 29 had TWO.

It was awesome. We plowed through it and he was dancing like a fool at the end. :)

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
So whomever was the one that said to put on low level armor and help people in the Weekly I just did that and it was fun.

Ended up the last weekly with a 29 and a 32 and I had about 80 kills, the next guy had 18 and the 29 had TWO.

It was awesome. We plowed through it and he was dancing like a fool at the end. :)
aww :)

EloquentM

aka Mannny

rngesus will not forgive you of your sins for charity work.

youre awesome! 👍🏽

Mindlog

reforging was still at the gunsmith in the stream. they just didnt talk about it, and none of the year 2 stuff had reforge icons
Yes, I'm 99% sure reforging was visible when they went to the Gunsmith. It was at the bottom of the screen. Will update with screenshot if I find one.

Didn't see anything about the armor reforging rumor. I'm going to be at ~Infinity armor materials when they merge the class stuff.

I've been busy at work, so maybe you guys have discussed this, but do you think trials weapons will break down for legendary marks? I've got some space in my vault, I don't know what's to stop me from filling in each empty space with messengers this weekend.

Trakan

I'm 99% sure reforging was visible when they went to the Gunsmith. It was at the bottom of the screen. Will update with screenshot if I find one.

Didn't see anything about the armor reforging rumor. I'm going to be at ~Infinity armor materials when they merge the class stuff.

It's because deej had all HoW weapons equipped.

I've been busy at work, so maybe you guys have discussed this, but do you think trials weapons will break down for legendary marks? I've got some space in my vault, I don't know what's to stop me from filling in each empty space with messengers this weekend.
Was thinking of doing this as well as stashing my armor with trials armor. When TTK hits you should have every vault space and character space filled with a legendary.

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
Thursday, 8/20/15 - 9:00PM EST - Vault of Glass - Normal - Sign Up Here (5 spots left)

These are weekly raids available to all, but intended for newbies. Bring your highest leveled character, your best weapon, and your most patient self! All encounters will be explained (quickly, but still) as though it was a brand new group, so please be willing to listen. The only restriction on attendance is that participants shouldn't come two weeks in row, just to allow many different GAF Guardians to cycle through. There is no pressure to understand anything before having it explained, and no pointing fingers when things break down. We will laugh at ourselves when we wipe, and then do better the next attempt.

During Crota's End newbie raids, participants are welcome to try out the Sword against Crota if desired, but no one is required to do so. Instructions will follow upon reaching the Crota checkpoint.

Minimum level for Vault of Glass Normal is 26.
Minimum level for Crota's End is 29/31 for running the sword.

Any word on the Game Informer update for today?

I'm surprised it isn't out already. Was hoping they would piggy-back off of the Destiny Twitch reveal.

Top Bottom