• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT28| Nolan Beyond

Namikaze1

Lol! I was able to get both heavies. They all rushed to pick up the inside heavy. I managed to kill the guy about to pick it up. Went and picked it up myself. Killed 4 before dying to Thorn damage.

GutZ31

Attention GAF-Guardians on Xbox One looking for a clan for The Taken King!

https://www.bungie.net/en/Clan/Detail/174077

Progenitor is a Destiny clan that formed before the game's release. We raided the Vault of Glass heavily as a group and some of us have continued on to run Crota's End, Prison of Elders and Trials of Osirus together. Many of our members consider each other friends whether in real-life, or through the game.

As The Taken King approaches, we are looking to bolster our numbers once more so we regularly have a good sized player pool. As with any game that maintains a player base, sometimes people come and go, but we want Progenitor to remain and continue on, especially with exciting new content on the way. All we ask is that you be competent at the game and have a desire to get things done. Members are encouraged to use the Destiny app to communicate with fellow clan members to coordinate runs.

In the weeks leading up to The Taken King, many of us will be doing Nightfall, raids, Trials, Prison, etc. But what we're really looking for are members who are going to dedicate themselves to running new content in The Taken King when it hits in September. If you're looking for an Xbox One clan to play with once The Taken King hits, look no further. Request permission to join Progenitor and you're in. We look forward to exploring the Dreadnaught with you.

I thought Bad to the Xbone was the Gaf clan?
https://www.bungie.net/en/Clan/Forum/942747

Tecnniqe

Banned
Does anyone know there i can get a backpack drop?
-.- How am i supposed to hold all these items before TTK comes out!?

Ambitious

Just finished PoE 28 for the first time. Got a Her Courtesy shotgun with Void, Replenish and Luck in the Chamber. High impact, looks like it's well suited for PvP. I think I'm gonna reforge it though.

Just finished PoE 28 for the first time. Got a Her Courtesy shotgun with Void, Replenish and Luck in the Chamber. High impact, looks like it's well suited for PvP. I think I'm gonna reforge it though.

Did you not get an exotic, it's guaranteed the first time you do it (from the big chest)

ocean

Banned
Crucible Legendary drop rate has been increased dramatically. Like it's crazy. Matador 64 and Party Crasher +1 are both top-tier shotguns which drop pretty often and might be a bit better suited for PvP.

I do love Her Courtesy for PvE though, really nice weapon.

Namikaze1

Just played against a guy who had terrible connection issues. His PSN ID? Lag_XD. His clan? Switch.

Yeah...should've known. Just wanted to complete my last bounty anyway.

Klyka

Banned
Nothingn to do with difficulty, it's about DLC and a fragmented community.

If you own TDB but not HoW, you play Vsnguard ROC where the Vanilla + TDB Strikes are in rotation. If you own Vanilla + HoW, you run Dragon. Sadly, there's no playlist with everything right now.

That'll change with TK. Since you need TDB and HoW in order to buy Taken King, it'll be possible to have a playlist with everything on it since there will be no fragmentation among TTK owners.

Such a playlist would feature 13 (12 on Xbox) Strikes, which should make it a loooot less repetitive than it is now.

I completely forgot you could own TDB or HOW seperately.

Yeah ok that explains it.

MrDaravon

Nothingn to do with difficulty, it's about DLC and a fragmented community.

If you own TDB but not HoW, you play Vsnguard ROC where the Vanilla + TDB Strikes are in rotation. If you own Vanilla + HoW, you run Dragon. Sadly, there's no playlist with everything right now.

That'll change with TK. Since you need TDB and HoW in order to buy Taken King, it'll be possible to have a playlist with everything on it since there will be no fragmentation among TTK owners.

Such a playlist would feature 13 (12 on Xbox) Strikes, which should make it a loooot less repetitive than it is now.

Yeah that makes sense, sucks for current variety though. Getting Dust Palace every other strike is incredibly annoying, although if you have a good team with elemental weapons it's arguably the quickest strike. I almost never get that team lol.

Namikaze1

Took this while in orbit. He won the game but that's because he was fucking teleporting.

CMiYIs8UcAEBc2M.jpg

lt519

According to Destiny Tracker I have done Skolas 19 times and I've gotten four elemental primaries.

So 20% drop rate?

I've done it more times but I wasnt always eligible and I have all four different primaries. Edit: I'm actually at 17. I've seen three drop for others while playing when they were eligible more so I'm putting it right around 20% too. It's actually not that bad when it only takes an hour.

Does Destiny tracker count non eligible finishes? I've had like 5 or 6.

Woah it's actually worse than that 6 out of like 43 eligible player finishes I'd say. Friends helped a second time without rewards during Skolas school.

VE3TRO

Formerly Gizmowned
Did Nightfall with two 34s. They destroyed the boss in like a minute. I really need dem weapons.

Just played against a guy who had terrible connection issues. His PSN ID? Lag_XD. His clan? Switch.

Yeah...should've known. Just wanted to complete my last bounty anyway.

Ran up against a team of lag abusing blink shotgunners last night in trials, all in clan "Reyes del Lag" (Kings of Lag). Not sure I'd be so brazen these days with Bungie swinging a mighty flaming banhammer.

Ambitious

Second PoE reward: Hygiea Noblesse with Replenish and Outlaw. Gonna reforge, I think.

edit: Basically the same stats as the Fang, but the magazine is just half as big. Dismantled.

Did you not get an exotic, it's guaranteed the first time you do it (from the big chest)

Oh yes, I got Hard Light. It's a dupe.

Crucible Legendary drop rate has been increased dramatically. Like it's crazy. Matador 64 and Party Crasher +1 are both top-tier shotguns which drop pretty often and might be a bit better suited for PvP.

I do love Her Courtesy for PvE though, really nice weapon.

Sounds good. Haven't yet had a chance to play Crucible yet. Gotta do story missions + PoE before the reset.

LTWood12

According to Destiny Tracker I have done Skolas 19 times and I've gotten four elemental primaries.

So 20% drop rate?

I've done it more times but I wasnt always eligible and I have all four different primaries. Edit: I'm actually at 17. I've seen three drop for others while playing when they were eligible more so I'm putting it right around 20% too. It's actually not that bad when it only takes an hour.

Does Destiny tracker count non eligible finishes? I've had like 5 or 6.

Woah it's actually worse than that 6 out of like 43 eligible player finishes I'd say. Friends helped a second time without rewards during Skolas school.

I've gotten one in seven completions. 14% (6th kill)
T-44 has gotten 2 in 8 completions. 25% (6th & 8th kill)
In my seven completions, I've seen four drop. 19%

And from what I've seen here I put the rate somewhere between 14 and 25%. Id say closer to 14 than 25.

T-44 and I both got our first on the sixth time we beat him. In talking to others it seems that the they hardly ever drop on an account with <5 completions. From 5 on it seems like they loosen the purse strings a bit.

Cade

CMif7KsUcAA9kcX.jpg:large

yesss

Forgot about the POE28 first-time exotic until a few hours ago. Breezed through the required missions on my Titan and bam! My most-wanted (or tied with Hawkmoon) exotic now that I have Invective/Gjallarhorn/Truth. Hype!

Top Bottom